Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gay Pride?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I watched the parade with a mixture of pride (our town is famous for a day), enjoyment (some of the floats were great), anger (why the emergency vehicles and uniforms paid for out of our taxes are allowed to be used in the Parade) and pity (that a medium sized minority of LGBTXYZ.... have to parade their perversions).

London Rd tolerates a lot on most days of the week but even at its worst a man would be arrested for exposing himself, esp when kids are around. Yesterday? .........it was practically being encouraged.

Pride has to fork out for much of the emergency services response in the same way as it has to fund the clear up afterwards. In terms of police overtime, I can miserably confirm that I and my colleagues who had cancelled rest days for Saturday were getting paid nowt for it, just a rest day in lieu. St John's Ambulance do most of the park work so it's not as though the health service is getting shafted either.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
EK - fair enough but I was referring to the emergency services' staff and equipment actually marching in the parade carrying banners, happily clapping (what was that all about?) and looking in no way able to respond to a break-in or mugging in Whitehawk. I expect these people did it in their own time so I've no problem with that.

I've not heard any news but was the letter cleared up - full marks to Pride if it was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here