Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gay Pride?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Just because they dropped the word Gay doesn't mean its suddenly a free for all! It is most definately Gay Pride.

Definitely not.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well i'm nearer fifty than forty and went down yesterday with my mum, dad, wife and my two kids, non of whom are gay (as far as i know) and we had a great day out. We also go to the children's parade at the Brighton festival and some of us aren't children.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I went on the Remembrance Day parade last November, but I didn't fight in the war. I clearly should not have been there

D

Deleted User X18H

I went on the Remembrance Day parade last November, but I didn't fight in the war. I clearly should not have been there
No but you may go to remember those who fought, to give you the freedom of speech you have now. Not to ponce around trying to be shocking

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I'm in my fiftys now, when I was a kid homosexuality was illegal and I was brought up to see it as wrong, as many people my age were.

Whats getting to me is simple.
I just can not see why anyone would want to parade through the town center to celebrate bring gay!

Why don't we have an Albion and proud day every year? :albion2:

Is it just me, am I just a product of a bygone age?

What do you think.

I can see your point, but when you were younger things like wife beating, child abuse and rape were just "swept under the carpet" and the victims were victimised for reporting what happened - so it's swings & roundabouts isn't it?

Also how many men & women were in straight relationships they didn't want to be in in the past because they were too ashamed to "come out".

Despite the fact that Pride was originally a predominatly gay celebration, what it now does is celebrate all sexual orientations gay, straight or both and for one day of the year, I think I can give up my city for a carnival where people are proud to cheer what they believe in after all, we do it every saturday during the winter by cheering on the Albion!

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Despite the fact that Pride was originally a predominatly gay celebration, what it now does is celebrate all sexual orientations gay, straight or both and for one day of the year, I think I can give up my city for a carnival where people are proud to cheer what they believe in after all, we do it every saturday during the winter by cheering on the Albion!

It's a good point actually - how many parades / marches have our football club had this year - when not necessarily everyone gives a shit / agrees with falmer etc?

Oh, and leonidas - about the northern guy and your son - that sort of thing gets said to every girl by guys letching over us - maybe he can learn a lesson of how it's not nice for women either?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Oh, and leonidas - about the northern guy and your son - that sort of thing gets said to every girl by guys letching over us - maybe he can learn a lesson of how it's not nice for women either?

I'm glad you posted that. I got the same when I was younger but didn't dare post it because of the comments I might have got back. In fact, it was more prevalent in the 60s when leonidas was younger as there was no such thing as being pc then.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's worth remembering that there are a lot of gay folk who abhor Pride and the whole gay scene and get on with their lives without feeling the need or desire to parade through town in backless trousers or tell the world they're a bit fruity. If the world was reversed and heterosexuality was in the minority would many people on here have attended a 'heterosexual pride' day in skimpy gear with the chance of a fondle in the bushes in Preston Park? Not sure I would bother, even if I did feel like an oppressed minority, as I would like to think my private life is just that, for me and my other half.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I got the same when I was younger but didn't dare post it because of the comments I might have got back.

Are you trying to say you've been stopped by fat northern bastards looking for a bit of cock as well Yorkie?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here