Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Yup,Gary will always deserve respect,but it is a shame in many people's eyes that the respect he has earned over God knows how many seasons is in danger of being overshadowed by performances in, let us say, his 'twilight years'.
I hope he is remembered for the former and not the latter........that is all!

I can't comment on last night as I neither saw or heard it, but overall I don't think his performances in recent years have been as bad as some would have us believe. Even if they are in anyone's eyes that bad then the fault lies not with the player, as no-one can accuse him of not giving 100% every time he plays. So to let some below par performances in his twilight years overshadow what he has done for Brighton just seems strange to me. Maybe I'm just a soppy git.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Look, Harty will not be on mega money, if anything he may have taken a pay cut like Kerry M did a few years ago to stay.

Also, who on this board could have made the judgement calls Gus has made to steer us to top of league one in a year? Thats right, NONE of us. For this reason alone if Gus see’s value in having Harty around thats more than good enough for me.

Throw in the fact that, say what you like about him, you will always get 100% out of Harty, his and Bennett’s work rate could be a lesson to a few players.

I haven’t even begun on the fact he was feeding off scraps last night as we didn’t exactly create chance after chance for him.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I can't comment on last night as I neither saw or heard it, but overall I don't think his performances in recent years have been as bad as some would have us believe. Even if they are in anyone's eyes that bad then the fault lies not with the player, as no-one can accuse him of not giving 100% every time he plays. So to let some below par performances in his twilight years overshadow what he has done for Brighton just seems strange to me. Maybe I'm just a soppy git.

Fair enough,but it can and does happen in many forms of entertainment,not just football!
P.S.No you're not a soppy git!:thumbsup:

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone

I for one wasn't criticising him, more Gus' decision to put him in the starting line-up. He was legendary for us not that long ago, but I think that putting him in a starting 11 now is a step backwards for us.

When OGH does leave the first team in 8 years time in my eyes he will be remembered as the player who spent 12 years too long with us.
The last four years have been embarrassing, cringeful & shoddy & sub standard in games that he has started.
No one can say that he is not a tryer but then you & I are not in the first team.
The only reason why he must be playing is if he has a wealthy relative pumping money into the club or to show our other forwards how good they are?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If we want him around the players and dressing room make him a coach! He was a great servant but it's been dragging on for more than just this season I feel.

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
Living as I do in Spain,I don't see much of the Albion,but he really didn't stand out as poor last night.Elphick really was poor,and looked like he was going through the motions.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
When OGH does leave the first team in 8 years time in my eyes he will be remembered as the player who spent 12 years too long with us.
The last four years have been embarrassing, cringeful & shoddy & sub standard in games that he has started.
No one can say that he is not a tryer but then you & I are not in the first team.
The only reason why he must be playing is if he has a wealthy relative pumping money into the club or to show our other forwards how good they are?

embarrassing? what like when slade was in charge and OGH kept us in league one? dont think that was embarrassing. i admit and i sure gary does that hes not the player he was (hasnt been the same since his leg break) but to slag him off is harsh. hes in the squad cos hes a model pro, good for the younger players to learn off and im sure gus likes that fact that he puts in 100% in every game//training.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
embarrassing? what like when slade was in charge and OGH kept us in league one? dont think that was embarrassing. i admit and i sure gary does that hes not the player he was (hasnt been the same since his leg break) but to slag him off is harsh. hes in the squad cos hes a model pro, good for the younger players to learn off and im sure gus likes that fact that he puts in 100% in every game//training.

Maybe. But the simply fact is that he is no longer good enough. Even OGH will know that deep down, and trying hard is no good enough for us in the post Slade era. End of.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Maybe. But the simply fact is that he is no longer good enough. Even OGH will know that deep down, and trying hard is no good enough for us in the post Slade era. End of.

agree, but dont see why some fans have to moan about a different player every week. we are top of the league and playing well, if gus wants OGH in the squad thats fine by me. some people on here think they no best,but we dont know what goes on in training and behind the scenes.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
A striker needs decent service. Hart got hardly any. Personally he did as well as he could. Murray and Barnes also struggled against them don't forget.

I think he can still do a job, but imho as cover at right or left back.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Who remembers going up to Forest the other season and having Hart at Right back and Mayo at left back. I nearly cried!! Great 0-0 that was, remember Thompson having a clear shot at goal, but Forster took it off his toe and put it wide

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
OGH not scoring in that game.....from right back would of course of been a factor. He must of "Lost it".

Leave the man alone. Still offers enough that Gus feels he has a place in the squad and like Tano, from time to time when the opportunity arrises he will be given pitch time.

Gus is boss. Nuff said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here