Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Would you like a £20 bet, that Gus does not offer Hart another playing contract?

Yep if the money goes to REMF.

How about 3 levels

• If he leaves the club I pay £20 to REMF
  • If he gets a role within the club, coaching or signed by league one club we pay £10 each to REMF
  • If he gets a playing contract with the Albion you pay £20 to REMF

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Just can't understand why Gary was picked .What about our reserve striker 'prospects',the Spanish and Scandinavian fellers...must admit I've lost track of them......are they injured or something?

Dickyboy

Feb 2, 2009
rustington
Gus is no fool must be doing something right to still be around plenty of players have been moved on. Good solid pro at the twilight of his albion career give the guy a break after all hes still one of our most loyal players and still part of the time.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just can't understand why Gary was picked .What about our reserve striker 'prospects',the Spanish and Scandinavian fellers...must admit I've lost track of them......are they injured or something?

The principal reason for picking Harty as I saw it was that Barnes AND Murray didn't have to play the full 90 minutes (or 120 in this instance), saving them a bit for Gus' main priority - the league matches.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The principal reason for picking Harty as I saw it was that Barnes AND Murray didn't have to play the full 90 minutes (or 12 in this instance), saving them a bit for Gus' main priority - the league matches.

This part we understand, and agree with. The sticking point was why it was Hart. Has Agdestein REALLY proved THAT much of a dissappointment that he wasn't worth a try? Would George Barker or another decent youth teamer not have benefitted from the experience?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
The principal reason for picking Harty as I saw it was that Barnes AND Murray didn't have to play the full 90 minutes (or 12 in this instance), saving them a bit for Gus' main priority - the league matches.

I agree. I understand why Gus picked him, but I do think he was pretty poor. At best he just isn't a striker at the standard we need anymore.

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
Here we go again.

Tony Bloom must be delighted that he has so many people, so nearby who are better judges and Managers than Gus.

OGH does a job. In reality the chances created last night left a lot to be desired, Bennett & Dicker have been criticised elsewhere for their contributions. The strikers role also requires him to get into scoring positions and that was definately the case despite lack of service.

I for one believe Gus knows best and OGH will be here next season as well....and no need to swear either.:thumbsup:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
At the risk of sounding precious I find any thread singling out individual players for criticism distasteful, and I find this one even more so because of who it is about.

That is a bit precious on a football forum,isn't it?Don't think anyone is being nasty about Gary,but possibly curious as to why he was picked ahead of some other players....that is all!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Here we go again.

OGH does a job. In reality the chances created last night left a lot to be desired, Bennett & Dicker have been criticised elsewhere for their contributions. The strikers role also requires him to get into scoring positions and that was definately the case despite lack of service.

Absolutely. The only reason he didn't score last night [or at any point in the last FOUR YEARS] is down to lack of decent service.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Here we go again.

Tony Bloom must be delighted that he has so many people, so nearby who are better judges and Managers than Gus.

I for one believe Gus knows best and OGH will be here next season as well....and no need to swear either.:thumbsup:

You are entitled to your view,just the same as others who will not agree with you.However if you really think that on a football forum there will never be any questioning of tactics or team selection no matter who is manager,then you are sadly deluded.
Are you suggesting that because none of us are the manager that we aren't entitled to put in our pennyworth?Thought that was what a forum was for!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
OGH is now a non league player at best,granted a great servant but come on some of you.Many players had a shite night last night thats a fact but hart needs to be released asap:thumbsup:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
That is a bit precious on a football forum,isn't it?Don't think anyone is being nasty about Gary,but possibly curious as to why he was picked ahead of some other players....that is all!

Which is fine, I just don't see the need to start an individual thread about it. Maybe it is precious but I'm comfortable with it. The first posts starts 'great and loyal servant....' so why start the thread? There are plenty of others where you can post your thoughts on Hart's performance. It's a bit of a bugbear with me in the same way as when some of the blokes I sit near almost start crying every time Hart comes on. He may be past his best but I think he deserves a lot more respect.

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
f*** off you miserable tossers. He's still a good player and can still do a job for us in this league if we need him to. In a proper league 1 game, with the atmosphere and the intensity, he'd still be a good player for us. If he'd scored that overhead kick, what would you all be saying. Exactly. So, as I said, f*** off.

Tossers.

Its not being miserable,its being realistic.Hart should be no where near our squad now,and yes he has been a great servant.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
In the main, that's true.

The Complete Badger is, of course, the exception to that - stopping just short of accusing him (and Kerry Mayo) of conning the club.

You are corrrect in what you say.....there are always one or two nasty posters!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Which is fine, I just don't see the need to start an individual thread about it. Maybe it is precious but I'm comfortable with it. The first posts starts 'great and loyal servant....' so why start the thread? There are plenty of others where you can post your thoughts on Hart's performance. It's a bit of a bugbear with me in the same way as when some of the blokes I sit near almost start crying every time Hart comes on. He may be past his best but I think he deserves a lot more respect.

Yup,Gary will always deserve respect,but it is a shame in many people's eyes that the respect he has earned over God knows how many seasons is in danger of being overshadowed by performances in, let us say, his 'twilight years'.
I hope he is remembered for the former and not the latter........that is all!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here