Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gannon's body language yesterday said

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ok I apologise. I seem to be a little harsh on the Man.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Turned out to be the right decision anyway. agree with Edna, not many loyal football managers these days, so Gannon should be applauded.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I didnt want gannon to become the manager, but him turning us down is fair enough, Gannon is an alright manager with a decent club and decent supporters (compared to other supporters). plus he doesnt run off (or has he?) when his clubs in danger like that other manager who almost got us RELEGATED this season

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
He was probably the best dressed football manager I've ever seen!

It was a nice suit

Also we all know loyalty doesnt exist anymore. But have to respect him for that. But jhe did turn us down after f***ing us around a bit so boos were enebitable some guys aroune me were shouting at him all game wanker and all that. I can see why

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Mu original point about Gannon was spot on however I seem to have lost the plot after that and must stay off the Vodka. Yes I was the tosser not Gannon. I think the excitement of Saturday and staying up got the better of me. Very childish really. Apologies.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was a total tosser last night. No excuse for it really. Just over excited I suppose.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Ah well back to div 3 with an average 4000 gate , no prospects and no money and likely a 15 point deficit next season as well. Wanker.

I thought you were talking about us until you got to the 15 points deduction. Or do you know something?

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Also he did his best to get us relegated

What the f*** are you on about?! He let one of his players play for us in that game. He is the manager of Stockport Conty football club, do you really think he is gonna tell his players to ease off? Why would he do that?! You dont engage your brain do you.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
FFS I have no time for the bloke. Why the hell should I ?. If you want to continue this Gannon wankfest fine. I made some silly comments and apologised x 3 but I am not going to start worshipping him and my comment about him regretting his decision big time holds true.

The END.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I think "wanker" is a tad harsh.

Blinded by our devotion to the Albion we may be, but perhaps he didn't want to uproot his young family several hundred miles. Maybe he felt a strong sense of loyalty to Stockport's players and fans. I think that's quite admirable considering their circumstances: many people in his position would have jumped ship at the first opportunity.

To call him a wanker simply because he decided the Albion wasn't the right move for him at that point in his life is deeply unfair, IMHO. The likes of Ian Holloway and Alan Pardew, who go fluttering their eyelashes at every club who comes knocking, then piss off leaving their existing clubs in the lurch, deserve your abuse.

I don't see why Jim Gannon deserves to be booed under the circumstances. Loyalty is a rare quality in football, it's nice to see a bit for once.

Spot on!!!To insult Jim Gannon is well out of order and shows a lack of decency amongst several NSC posters who should know better!:nono:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bloody hell get off your high horse will you. Worse things happen at Sea. The original post was a valid comment and the language was industrial but the guy is just another tradesman who either was a loyal servant , or possibly but not considered he did not have the bottle for the task or lacks ambition. This hero worship of him is bordering on ridiculous.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Started reading this thread and got pissed off by some muppets making stupid comments about a manager who stood by his club when they needed him. Nobody knows whether he would have been better than Slade but time has moved on and Slade should get the job.

It's incredible that muppets complain about Gannon's loyalty yet that is exactly the quality we look for in our players and manager. Seems people forget too easily that most players are just employees of a club (except those born and bred Brighton/sussex). Most will always give 100% to their employers but they may well support another club. Take Whing for example. Player of the year but season ticket holder at Villa.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Bloody hell get off your high horse will you. Worse things happen at Sea. The original post was a valid comment and the language was industrial but the guy is just another tradesman who either was a loyal servant , or possibly but not considered he did not have the bottle for the task or lacks ambition. This hero worship of him is bordering on ridiculous.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bit early to be back on the vodka isn't it US?Or is it pure vitriol you have been drinking?:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here