Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gannon's body language yesterday said

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I can't believe Gannon didn't get more stick yesterday.

He can DO one for all I care.

This is what I am thinking Ritchie. All this stuff worshipping him is most odd.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun

Why? For remaining loyal to his own club in their time of need? Or perhaps for letting one of their players put in a man-of-the-match performance for us?

For the way he has conducted himself over our approaches to him for the manager's position, selling us McNulty, loaning us Dicker and the fact that he still put out his side to try and win the game on Saturday he has more respect from me than almost any other non-Albion manager. The game needs more Jim Gannons in my book, and less supporters who seem keener on abusing the opposition than supporting their own team.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ever thought for a second this " loyal " card is being used to disguise the fact the bloke did not have the balls for the task in hand and took the safe option. After all if he knew his wife did not want to leave the area and come South why bother travelling down and speaking to Knight at all ?.

All this lavish praise is slightly nauseating and quite possibly misplaced.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008

Absolutely no need to say anything to the guy - negative or positive. He was perfectly entitled not to take the job and probably did the right thing by his conscience but not his career. Seeing the size of our crowd and the hero worshipping of Russell at the end should have been all the 'stick' he needed to receive.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Why? For remaining loyal to his own club in their time of need? Or perhaps for letting one of their players put in a man-of-the-match performance for us?

For the way he has conducted himself over our approaches to him for the manager's position, selling us McNulty, loaning us Dicker and the fact that he still put out his side to try and win the game on Saturday he has more respect from me than almost any other non-Albion manager. The game needs more Jim Gannons in my book, and less supporters who seem keener on abusing the opposition than supporting their own team.
Couldn't agree more. I just think think there's been too much booing this season, can't we save that for palace? He's just a man doing his job FFS, do we really want him thinking we're a bunch of wankers?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am slightly perplexed. Saturday was a MASSIVE game for us. It was the most important game imo for 12 years since Hereford. To go into div 4 would have been disasterous.

There we have a man who was offered the job, travelled down to have talks with Knight and imo bottled it using the " loyalty " and " the misses is the boss and doesn't want to move " cards , whose side could have relegated us. The fans were at fever pitch , the " enemy " was infront of us and yes Gannon that afternoon was the enemy at least in my book and all the people on hear are saying what a jolly good chap he is blah blah blah and did not deserve any stick. ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
couldn't agree more. I just think think there's been too much booing this season, can't we save that for palace? He's just a man doing his job ffs, do we really want him thinking we're a bunch of wankers?

i really couldn't give a stuff what he thinks of us to be honest.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

We paid Dicker's salary, that fact he made the winning pass is incidental. Gannon is not due any credit for that. Dicker could just as easily been toilet on Saturday.

Maybe I was imagining it but did we not pay £ 150000 for McNulty. Why does Gannon deserve praise for that ?.

Honestly some of you lot have lost the plot.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't think the mood was naturally anti-Gannon, cos he seems a decent enough bloke. But at the same time it was massively important us to be pro-Slade, just in case the board were thinking of doing something crap on the managerial front, like not offering Slade a new contract in recognition of his massive achievement in turning things round. So for that reason, Gannon probably came in for a helluva lot more flak than he deserved. Which is a shame. But it was nothing personal, and was designed to show support for Slade rather than say anything specifically derogatory about Gannon. Well, apart from maybe the suit :lol:

Last edited:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
We paid Dicker's salary, that fact he made the winning pass is incidental. Gannon is not due any credit for that. Dicker could just as easily been toilet on Saturday.

Dicker was quoted in the Argus today as saying that he was playing having not been paid.

LOAN star Gary Dicker has revealed he played without pay to help Albion complete their dramatic push for safety.

Dicker found himself in the bizarre situation of playing against his parent club as Stockport allowed the Seagulls to use him in the final game of the League One campaign.

He responded with a typically effective midfield display capped by the rasping shot which led to Nicky Forster’s winning goal.

What we did not know at the time was Dicker found himself with something in common with the Stockport players he faced. Like them, he had not been paid recently by the crisis-torn Cheshire club.

The 22-year-old Irishman admitted: “The way the loan works is they (Stockport) still pay me and they are reimbursed at the end of the season.

“I haven’t been paid this month. I’m not complaining. There’s a lot more players there who haven’t been paid.

“It’s just a sad thing the way it has happened but I’m not going to let it affect me.

“I don’t think any of the Stockport lads let it affect them. They put in everything.

“I just got on with the job, then I’ll worry about getting paid.

“When you’re younger you play for free anyway, don’t you? But hopefully we can get it sorted soon.”

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

Maybe I was imagining it but did we not pay £ 150000 for McNulty. Why does Gannon deserve praise for that ?.

Honestly some of you lot have lost the plot.

I'm a bit dissappointed US. You just seemed to be regretting your rantings, (it takes a big man to apologise & all that.) then one poster agrees with your ridiculous outporings & off you go again:rolleyes:
So if anyone goes for an interview & doesn't take the job, that leaves them open to abuse.:wozza:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I think "wanker" is a tad harsh.

Blinded by our devotion to the Albion we may be, but perhaps he didn't want to uproot his young family several hundred miles. Maybe he felt a strong sense of loyalty to Stockport's players and fans. I think that's quite admirable considering their circumstances: many people in his position would have jumped ship at the first opportunity.

To call him a wanker simply because he decided the Albion wasn't the right move for him at that point in his life is deeply unfair, IMHO. The likes of Ian Holloway and Alan Pardew, who go fluttering their eyelashes at every club who comes knocking, then piss off leaving their existing clubs in the lurch, deserve your abuse.

I don't see why Jim Gannon deserves to be booed under the circumstances. Loyalty is a rare quality in football, it's nice to see a bit for once.

Thats pretty much what I was going to write!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm a bit dissappointed US. You just seemed to be regretting your rantings, (it takes a big man to apologise & all that.) then one poster agrees with your ridiculous outporings & off you go again:rolleyes:
So if anyone goes for an interview & doesn't take the job, that leaves them open to abuse.:wozza:

I was out of order for the abuse and language but I do think there are alternatives to the story as just him being loyal. And Saturday it was a WAR and Gannon and his team were the enemy.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm not denying that but anyone who may be responsible for helping to get my team relegated is going to get a rough ride from me. Childish ?, maybe but true.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
so all those not brighton fans/connected are going to get a rough ride then. Gannon does not deserve to be call a wanker.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm leaving this now we are just going around in circles. HELLO I apologised 3 times how many more times do you want me to ?. Crikey I did not realise there were so many sensitive and easily offended souls lurking on NSC. Poor flower I will try and not be so rude next time.

The BINFEST is over Folks and its getting boring now.

:bigwave:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
anyone who may be responsible for helping to get my team relegated is going to get a rough ride from me

After this season, that would be a spectacularly long list. Off the top of my head:

Danny Wilson:angry:
Geraint Williams:angry:
Darren Ferguson:angry:
Roberto Di Matteo:angry:
Simon Grayson:angry:
Gudjohn Thordarson:angry:
Paul Lambert:angry:
Paul Trollope:angry:
Stuart Gray:angry:
Ronnie Moore:angry:
Steve Tilson:angry:
Kenny Jackett:angry:
Nigel Adkins:angry::angry: (he beat us TWICE, the BASTARD)
etc

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In fact: hang on. Wasn't Russell Slade Yeovil's manager when we played them first time around this season?

That could have helped get us relegated! SLADE OUT!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here