Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gannon's body language yesterday said

Philcounty

Feb 25, 2009
Congleton
Sorry to continue this silly debate, but thought I should correct you on a couple of points that have been made:

Uncle Spielberg
average 4000 gate

County's average was 6130 this season which is comparable to Brighton's 6092.

Deano's Invisible Pants
Seeing the size of our crowd and the hero worshipping of Russell at the end should have been all the 'stick' he needed to receive.

County's highest home attendance this year was 10273 compared to Saturdays attendance of 8618.

Jim is hero worshipped at County to an extent equal to or more than any manager out there. As a player he made 383 appearances scoring 52 goals (not bad for a defender) for County. As a manager he took us from the brink of relegation from the football league to a Playoff final and promotion in 3 seasons. This year has been relatively successful under the circumstances and through the worst times in our history he has stuck by us. To Stockport fans he is GOD and he knows he would struggle to find that adoration anywhere else.

Sorry for the rant, just had to put a few things straight :)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Sorry to continue this silly debate, but thought I should correct you on a couple of points that have been made:

Uncle Spielberg

Deano's Invisible Pants

County's highest home attendance this year was 10273 compared to Saturdays attendance of 8618.

Jim is hero worshipped at County to an extent equal to or more than any manager out there. As a player he made 383 appearances scoring 52 goals (not bad for a defender) for County. As a manager he took us from the brink of relegation from the football league to a Playoff final and promotion in 3 seasons. This year has been relatively successful under the circumstances and through the worst times in our history he has stuck by us. To Stockport fans he is GOD and he knows he would struggle to find that adoration anywhere else.

What has BHAFC got to do with a Stockport fan anyway?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think "wanker" is a tad harsh.

Blinded by our devotion to the Albion we may be, but perhaps he didn't want to uproot his young family several hundred miles. Maybe he felt a strong sense of loyalty to Stockport's players and fans. I think that's quite admirable considering their circumstances: many people in his position would have jumped ship at the first opportunity.

To call him a wanker simply because he decided the Albion wasn't the right move for him at that point in his life is deeply unfair, IMHO. The likes of Ian Holloway and Alan Pardew, who go fluttering their eyelashes at every club who comes knocking, then piss off leaving their existing clubs in the lurch, deserve your abuse.

I don't see why Jim Gannon deserves to be booed under the circumstances. Loyalty is a rare quality in football, it's nice to see a bit for once.

Spot on ! :thumbsup:

Philcounty

Feb 25, 2009
Congleton
What has BHAFC got to do with a Stockport fan anyway?

Before this season very little apart from Glenn Murray; this season there have been quite a few reasons for there to be mutual interest. A few examples McNulty, Davies, Dicker and the final game of the season and not to forget the Gannon episode which is why I commented on this thread ???

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Uncle Spielberg

Deano's Invisible Pants

Top post :clap:

I think the bitterness on here towards Gannon is becuase people realise he's a good manager and those directing the abuse would have loved him to come here. I was definitely hoping Gannon would come, but respected his decision not to.

Anyway, all the bitterness is made to look even more sad when we have Russell Slade who's just performed a miracle for us. What is there to complain about ? :wozza:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Before this season very little apart from Glenn Murray; this season there have been quite a few reasons for there to be mutual interest. A few examples McNulty, Davies, Dicker and the final game of the season and not to forget the Gannon episode which is why I commented on this thread ???

The more the merrier. Welcome to NSC :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
By the way, his suit was an absolute joy to behold. Best dressed man at the Withdean all season.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
After this season, that would be a spectacularly long list. Off the top of my head:

Danny Wilson:angry:
Geraint Williams:angry:
Darren Ferguson:angry:
Roberto Di Matteo:angry:
Simon Grayson:angry:
Gudjohn Thordarson:angry:
Paul Lambert:angry:
Paul Trollope:angry:
Stuart Gray:angry:
Ronnie Moore:angry:
Steve Tilson:angry:
Kenny Jackett:angry:
Nigel Adkins:angry::angry: (he beat us TWICE, the BASTARD)
etc
You forgot

Mickey Adams:angry:
Uncle Dick:angry:
Half of the playing squad:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here