Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gannon says NO

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
If we can't get a bloke from stockport there is NO chance of getting ince or anyone decent. Joke club. 30 applicants my arse.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we can't get a bloke from stockport there is NO chance of getting ince or anyone decent. Joke club. 30 applicants my arse.

Lower tier 3 clubs tend to be joke clubs don't they? You sound like it's a shock to you.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Some of the posts on here make me laugh- what do you all do for a living?

Probably a few students, McDonalds employees and Carphone Warehouse sales staff, yet you think that somehow qualifies you to cast judgement on how Dick Knight is handling the situation??

Maybe they thought it was important to show Gannon he was wanted and valued. Once Stockport had made it public that we had approached them, it wouldn't have done much for the bloke if we'd said "well he's just another number to us".

The fact that Gannon turned us down doesn't mean the club are unprofessional, it doesn't mean we haven't offered him enough money, it doesn't mean Dick Knight hasn't got a clue. Sometimes a job's not right for you and/or your family, and that's more important. There's no point in rushing into appointing the first available candidate either- personally I'd prefer to wait a few days if it meant we got someone really worth having.

I'm bored with people who have absolutely no insight into this matter spouting crap about what the Albion are or are not doing right. We all know about as much as each other, so let's just wait and see what transpires.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
It's a shame that we lost out on Gannon, he seemed like a manager that could have been a great long-term aquisition.
What worries me now is that Uncle Dick may feel forced to play his hand quickly, and hire someone in a bit of a rush. Even though an appointment is needed ASAP, I would rather get someone decent in than just taking the easy option.

Hills

Feb 2, 2009

With fans like you is it any wonder Gannon doesn't want to take the job!Every post I've ever read from you is absolute shit!

The fact is he is a loyal man who wants to stick with the club he loves in their hour of need! I for one am glad to see that kind of commitment from a manager.

As for us, we will get a decent manager, of that I have no doubt!

Just a shame we can't sack some of our fans!

Maybe they thought it was important to show Gannon he was wanted and valued.

And what about the other candidates still in the running? And the bloke not yet even interviewed who reads in the local rag that DK has found "the one for us" already? Will they feel wanted and valued? Fine if Gannon accepts the job but if he doesn't you look a tool. It doesn't matter where any of us work, it's still SHIT.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Joke club. 30 applicants my arse.

I don't doubt for a second they've had 30 applicants- I'm surprised it's not more.

What's important is how many quality applicants there are in that 30. Amongst them will be:

-a few frivolous ones designed to get somebody's face in the paper- eg the Monster Raving Loony applicant in today's Argus, a nine year old from Saltdean who captains his school team and is good on Championship Manager etc

-a bunch of former bosses who've recently or not so recently been sacked

-a few ambitious non-league characters and/or assistant bosses seeking to make the step up

-the odd retired Albion legend

-someone who's taken a team from the fourth to the second tier of the Serbia & Montenegro league and wants a chance in English football

-Graham Rix and Glenn Roeder

Most won't even get past the paper sift, but still count as applicants.

Wexford Gull

Jun 22, 2007
Wexford,Ireland
With fans like you is it any wonder Gannon doesn't want to take the job!Every post I've ever read from you is absolute shit!

The fact is he is a loyal man who wants to stick with the club he loves in their hour of need! I for one am glad to see that kind of commitment from a manager.

As for us, we will get a decent manager, of that I have no doubt!

Just a shame we can't sack some of our fans!

:clap2: Well said :clap2:

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
And what about the other candidates still in the running? And the bloke not yet even interviewed who reads in the local rag that DK has found "the one for us" already? Will they feel wanted and valued? Fine if Gannon accepts the job but if he doesn't you look a tool. It doesn't matter where any of us work, it's still SHIT.

why dont you let everyone on the board know your secret interviewing technique..... :lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I don't buy that.

It does not mean the next person can equally be the 'one for us'.

If someone's self-esteem is so low that they feel crushed to the point of refusing a job on the back that statement, then they are certainly 'not one for us'.

Has no-one on here been offered a job and not taken it because they were not strictly first choice?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here