Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gai Assulin

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Andy Naylor is back off his hols - suggesting on twittewr that Assulin is wanted in Germany.....more in tomorrow's paper :)

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Not sure how people think we are going to get promoted? Really only two ways spend money on PL quality players and go for it (We can't afford it) or try and buy the next generation of players early on cheaply, and buy/sell until we can get enough of them into the side to make a difference. Assulin falls into that category IMO. He could develop into a good player he certainly has the ability

This is the most sensible thing I've read on NSC all day. We are fundamentally a business and need to make profit. Therefore making money on Noone as we have a club who are interested in giving us over a million pound profit on him and then acquiring Assulin on a free, developing him into a more consistent player who we can sell on for profit makes great business sense.
To me I see no difference in Noone and Assulin as players at the moment, both can beat a man, have a burst of pace and lack a final ball. Although Assulin has the potential to raise his game greatly as technique wise he was one of the best players at the club last year.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yep. Why be stuck with the wages of one shit squad player on 8k when you can have two.

Ok now you're starting to sound dim. We saw very little of Assulin, but he showed flashes of potential beyond our other wingers. to suggest a player we probably can't even afford is "shit" is embarrassing.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This is the most sensible thing I've read on NSC all day. We are fundamentally a business and need to make profit. Therefore making money on Noone as we have a club who are interested in giving us over a million pound profit on him and then acquiring Assulin on a free, developing him into a more consistent player who we can sell on for profit makes great business sense.
To me I see no difference in Noone and Assulin as players at the moment, both can beat a man, have a burst of pace and lack a final ball. Although Assulin has the potential to raise his game greatly as technique wise he was one of the best players at the club last year.
Yes it's sensible,but you don't need prem players to get promoted as many clubs have proved recently,if anything having ex prem players is a disadvantage as most tend to look for a last pay day like the leicester's of this world. :)

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Yes it's sensible,but you don't need prem players to get promoted as many clubs have proved recently,if anything having ex prem players is a disadvantage as most tend to look for a last pay day like the leicester's of this world. :)

But we are not talking about some 30 something ex-premiership "raspberry ripple" who is looking for one last pay day. We are talking about a player that is surplus to requirements from a Man City squad over flowing with talent, Adam Johnson and James Milner struggle to make the bench, Assulin is a 21 year old who still has yet to forge his career and may see us as a chance to get to the premiership or use us to get regular games and then get a move to a premiership club if we are still a championship side.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Ok now you're starting to sound dim. We saw very little of Assulin, but he showed flashes of potential beyond our other wingers. to suggest a player we probably can't even afford is "shit" is embarrassing.

When did he ever show more than the two players we already have in his position? Go on, im genuinely intrigued as to when this event occured. I saw every minute Assulin played for us and I am struggling to think of one minutae of football play that suggested he would be worth adding to the wage bill on top of the TWO capable left wingers we already have on our books.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Definately the rich man's Zaha. Hope we've got the finance to sign him, just the sort of player we need.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
When did he ever show more than the two players we already have in his position? Go on, im genuinely intrigued as to when this event occured. I saw every minute Assulin played for us and I am struggling to think of one minutae of football play that suggested he would be worth adding to the wage bill on top of the TWO capable left wingers we already have on our books.

I'm guessing you didn't generally get the sense the rest of us did from his first touch, turn of pace, technical ability etc? You can just tell when a players "got it" or hasn't, sometimes. He was the best player against West Ham, constantly causing them problems. There was another home game (genuinely can't remember which) where they literally could not get the ball off him. There's a lot of development needed, but for me he has a natural ability and talent closer to Vicente than LuaLua or Buckley, and certainly Noone.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
To be fair he never really got a crack of the whip. Agreed on the rest, you could see he has ALOT of natural ability, but probably just needed some real game time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here