Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gai Assulin

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Never saw anything of him to suggest he was worth pursuing but then again what has he been like in training. Also had fitness concerns didn,t he ?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Excited about the prospect of this. I hope Gus is on to it.
Only a couple of weeks into the summer and we've got strong links to a couple of very decent players! Who's it going to be next week?
Bets..? :p

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
"Gai is technically very capable, and has great ability on the ball. He showed great potential as an outstanding young talent under Pep Guardiola at Barcelona - I hope he can realise some of that potential here at Brighton." Poyet described the loan move for Assulin as a "no-brainer" and a "unique opportunity."

Brighton exercised its option to extend Assulin's loan deal until the end of the season

Of course we'll go for him if he's available.
Real shame he never played more games,looks like a cracking prospect and someone who would be a quality asset to have.Not sure what wages he was on but would guess maybe 10k a week???

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If this wasn't NSC, I'd be surprised by the number of people who are convinced he is so good, and who are convinced he's not good enough.

He made seven appearances averaging less than 30mins per appearance, spread out over 15 games. He make enough appearances, and wasn't on the pitch long enough to get ad maintain match fitness and find any kind of form.

Having Barca and Man City on his CV certainly make him an attractive prospect, but this isn't a potential signing that gets me all excited.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
sign him up and let him learn from Vicente - he is the only one I saw last season with potential to develop similar skills and he had a fantastic attitude.

one for now AND one for the future

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
Assulin? What did he do to prove he deserves to come back? He was nothing special, I prefer Lua Lua.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
-------new keeper-------
new R/B--Greer--El Abd--Mattock
Buckers--Bridders--Lua Lua
Vicente--Asulin
CMS--new ST

We'd win every game 5-4 :)
and we'd get docked points for fielding 12 players

:smile:

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Why do people genuinely not understand that a player doesn't have to be a first pick or nothing? Surely it's better to have four players of equal ability fighting for two spots, than one shoe-in and some sub-standard backups? If Gus is going to play a more authentic 4231 or 442 next season (as he has implied the 451 from last season was a temporary measure), then why not have four wingers in the squad? Why do we have to sell Noone to get Assulin in? The same goes for the Greer rumour..."if he goes we still have Dunk & El-Abd". Yeah, one who has a court case, another who may be at the CON. And backup to them? A long term achilles injury and a youth graduate with 3 games under his belt. There is no harm in STRENGTH IN DEPTH.

Here's a 28 man squad:

GK: (new keeper) Brezovan Ankergren
RB: Calderon Vincelot
LB: (Mattock) Painter
CB: Greer El-Abd Dunk Elphick Hall
DCM: Bridcutt Dicker (enforcer) Kasim
ACM: Vicente Sparrow Harley JFC
W: Buckley (Assulin) LuaLua Noone
ST: CMS Barnes (target man) Agdestein.

What's wrong with that? It's a smaller squad than this year and has good cover in every position?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hey, not satying he's a bad player, not at all, but I think we are more excited by the clubs he's been with than what we've seen. If it was my Greg Bobkin fella, we'd be reading people compare him to Dean Cox.

Fair points, but the clubs he's played for DO count for something. If Man City, Barca and Gus all saw enough in him to have a punt, he must be CAPABLE of some pretty special stuff. Whether he'll ever realise that potential, who knows?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not sure how people think we are going to get promoted? Really only two ways spend money on PL quality players and go for it (We can't afford it) or try and buy the next generation of players early on cheaply, and buy/sell until we can get enough of them into the side to make a difference. Assulin falls into that category IMO. He could develop into a good player he certainly has the ability

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here