Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

G.O.S.B.T.S. Who Started It's Demise?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

This song was written almost a century ago when Gay had a different meaning Herbert.

Our adopted song has history your adopted song is Gald all over by the Dave Clark five, which is, well….shit!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
This may be a shit suggestion and verging on being a little ‘gay’ but can we not have a flyer passed around at Orient demanding GOSBTS is sung at the appropriate speed?

The seagull love review managed to distribute a song sheet of forever blowing bubbles for Millwall away last year so perhaps they could spearhead the campaign with another leaflet or front page announcement.

I only raise this because I feel our current rendition is a crock of f***ing shite and borders on embarrassing.

Ps. I blame that Tom hark fella.

Well, I thought it was an OK suggestion. Do people just read 'Croydon' seagull and keep scrolling? I feel like NSC's most ignored

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I feel I must shoulder some of the blame for this.:down:

Twas I who started doing the derderderderder before the singing, way back in 2002. The song used to just start "all together now", and back then we didn't have this problem.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
What baffles me even more is the way 20,000 Sussex supporters at Lords can sing it at the perfect tempo, and yet 150 idiots in H block can't even manage it

It desparetly needs a single person, with say a megaphone, to lead the timing - Step forward Crispies ?

Much as I appreciate Krispies' many talents, he's not the one to lead us in GOSBTS. Has anyone ever heard his attempt to sing the whole thing?

He matches the WRONG bits of the tune to the most important bits of the words. Totally hopeless.

Mind you ... I've heard him do a splendid rendition of Keep Right On To The End Of The Road.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
sadly, I sang along on my own to GOSBTS when the Army band played it( First two verses and a chorus) at the Colchester game down the front of H/F block and Brighton's finest youths just looked at me as if I was mental ( very accurate obviously)

So I think that they would prefer something that you can shout " C**T " to to be fair

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
GOSBTS is just an emabarrassment now. Opposition just look & wonder what all that fast clapping is about. The only words you can actually make out are, "Altogether now".

Time to rise up & reclaim our anthem, (like I said before the Viila game, that was the ideal oppurtunity).

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
No one has said that they prefer the "gibbons on helium version" so perhaps we can make a start if everyone who reads this thread from now on sings it slow, regardless of the speed of everyone else.
Don't give up, and perhaps this will spread?
Get conversation going whenever you're with other Albion supporters, and get them to sing slow too.
Next time someone sees Krispies, make sure he's on board as he does have influence in H block.
Here's hoping.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
It desparetly needs a single person, with say a megaphone, to lead the timing - Step forward Crispies ?

He has been banned from Withdean and i've never seen him at an away game. :(

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Ger dough Suss ba Sea
Ger dough Suss ba Sea
Oh we're gar win up
To win na cup
For Sussay Ba the Sea

I think that's the words
funnily enough that is almost exactly how my two and a half year old son sings it...! :lolol:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
No one has said that they prefer the "gibbons on helium version" so perhaps we can make a start if everyone who reads this thread from now on sings it slow, regardless of the speed of everyone else.
Don't give up, and perhaps this will spread?
Get conversation going whenever you're with other Albion supporters, and get them to sing slow too.
Next time someone sees Krispies, make sure he's on board as he does have influence in H block.
Here's hoping.

:lol:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
NO ONE knows the words anymore, if the club wanted to get people singing the whole thing as a sort of prematch anthem than they would have to start by distributing the lyrics free of charge at matches, e.g. fliers on seats.

Dandyman

In London village.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
NO ONE knows the words anymore, if the club wanted to get people singing the whole thing as a sort of prematch anthem than they would have to start by distributing the lyrics free of charge at matches, e.g. fliers on seats.

Has anyone ever known the words? In the 20+ year's I've followed the Albion I can't recall the words being anything other than the bit about winning the cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here