Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Does Potter read NSC? I like this team. Pleased Bissouma has got some help in there. He will need to stop Lookman and Loftus- Cheek who have been impressive. Stop them and we’ll Win imo.

Potter starts to become under pressure, suddenly reverts away from experimentation and strange formations.
Just a thought.

thinking the same. maybe if we get beat heavily he could argue he was trying something new as the key players have been underperforming - thereby buying himself another game or 2! (of course in reality i think it would take a LOT for Potter to be given the boot - maybe being bottom , adrift of safety and 10 defeats in 12 games MIGHT make the chairman think again)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Fulham vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Lots of pace going forward with Welbeck, Lamptey, March & Trossard with the ultra mobile Alzate & Bissouma holding the midfield and the genius of Lallana to knit it all together.

Exciting line-up with Maupay & Connolly available to run against their defence of need be.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
For me Ryan and Maupay have been the worst performers this season and I’m glad to see them dropped.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Because unlike Steele Sanchez plays regularly for the U23s and is therefore match ready. Plus again it shows if you perform at that level then there is a pathway to the first XI.

I don’t feel we owe Steele a chance ahead of youthful talent.

Also GK is no different to any other position these days - statistical analysis may show Sanchez’s skills befit the opponent better than Steele’s.

I believe Sanchez has only played 3 times for the U23s this season. Carl Rushworth seems to be first choice at that level. Sanchez wouldn’t be risked for most U23s games due to being next in line to step into the PL squad if Ryan or Steele picked up any late injuries, he’d have travelled to most PL games for that reason even if he didn’t make the 18.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tough on Veltman too.

But having 5 outfield players pretty much unburdened by 72 hours ago, ought to be good news.
While (I assume) Fulham are going pretty much the same again, having chased Liverpool around the pitch.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
It is refreshing to have the pre-match chat about the teams about to play, rather than about any of the top 6 who played yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here