[Albion] Fulham vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Colombian international
Regularly one of our best players when he played at CM
Only 22
Had a good partnership with Biss before he got injured
He’s a creative player who takes risks and doesn’t make constant sideways passes.

OK you have convinced me. He is a upgrade on Jeff Minton.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So...are you happy we are set up to attack rather than defend given how our confidence has wavered?

Come on - comments before kick off!

I am a fan of this approach

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Watching Potter in the pre-match interview is interesting. One of the things I was taught by a sports psychologist is how language matters - top sports people rarely talk of trying and hoping, because that shows doubt whether consciously or subconsciously. Its the ones who are convinced they will, not hope they will, who succeed. Top penalty takers for example aren't worried about which side to kick it they are planning their celebration. Over simplistic possibly, but this was a chap who worked with Leicester during their title winning season and many top golfers and cricketers. I'm pro-Potter, but his language is full of hopes and tries and hopefullys. As a player do you want to hear your boss say he hopes the challenges are resolved and hopes you'll win, or that he has resolved them and you will win if everyone does things right? Small margins maybe, but I don't think it's necessarily inconsequential.

All the more interesting as he has a degree in sports psychology, or similar.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Blinding team selection. This game has goals galore written all over it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Watching Potter in the pre-match interview is interesting. One of the things I was taught by a sports psychologist is how language matters - top sports people rarely talk of trying and hoping, because that shows doubt whether consciously or subconsciously. Its the ones who are convinced they will, not hope they will, who succeed. Top penalty takers for example aren't worried about which side to kick it they are planning their celebration. Over simplistic possibly, but this was a chap who worked with Leicester during their title winning season and many top golfers and cricketers. I'm pro-Potter, but his language is full of hopes and tries and hopefullys. As a player do you want to hear your boss say he hopes the challenges are resolved and hopes you'll win, or that he has resolved them and you will win if everyone does things right? Small margins maybe, but I don't think it's necessarily inconsequential.

Two things.

Often managers have a game face for the media, entirely different from that the players see. Mouthy managers in effect do the opposition team’s motivational talk for them.

I wonder if he’s going for the under promise, hopefully over deliver routine.

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Why do we so rarely pull the trigger. Trossard preferring a pass across the outside of the box rather than take a shot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here