Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freedman's Return

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Im not so sure about the dignified bit, he could have been more gratious IMO. As for a superior manager, I personally think that Holloway is very good entertainment but is a bit of a renegade. Im not sure if Holloway is the man for us to be honest but time will tell

Gracious, the word is GRACIOUS... f*** sake.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Slightly different I accept but when Coppell walked for Reading, I don't recall him getting flak on his return to Withdean. OK so Reading was a big step up but given that he was Palace, I think we treated him far better than Palace appear to have treated a legend who had built a table topping team before he left. I imagine he's well chuffed with his decision after yesterday

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Slightly different I accept but when Coppell walked for Reading, I don't recall him getting flak on his return to Withdean. OK so Reading was a big step up but given that he was Palace, I think we treated him far better than Palace appear to have treated a legend who had built a table topping team before he left. I imagine he's well chuffed with his decision after yesterday

I think it was also widely known that Coppell didn't want to go, but was also pushed, because we desperately needed the compensation at the time.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Slightly different I accept but when Coppell walked for Reading, I don't recall him getting flak on his return to Withdean. OK so Reading was a big step up but given that he was Palace, I think we treated him far better than Palace appear th have treated a legend who had built a table topping team before he left.

You just sung songs about him having a STD ?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Slightly different I accept but when Coppell walked for Reading, I don't recall him getting flak on his return to Withdean. OK so Reading was a big step up but given that he was Palace, I think we treated him far better than Palace appear th have treated a legend who had built a table topping team before he left.

Every fan as their own slant on things , as I said earlier it was mixed with the main stand mainly clapping . In saying that they clapped warnock on his return with qpr . I ignored him , warnock on the other hand !!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You just sung songs about him having a STD ?

He laughed about it when he became our manager and said it was a backhanded compliment. The song was sung before he became a manager and again afterwards, but not whilst he was here.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Im not so sure about the dignified bit, he could have been more gratious IMO. As for a superior manager, I personally think that Holloway is very good entertainment but is a bit of a renegade. Im not sure if Holloway is the man for us to be honest but time will tell
Its difficult to know what exactly went on with his Bolton move, perhaps there was trouble behind the scenes with your owners, hence his subsequent coolness towards the club.

If Holloway can get Blackpool to the PL with the tightest chairman on planet Earth he must have something going or him. I like him.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I agree totally, that why in my opinion he can go F himself, especially after(me included) we stayed loyal to him last season. I personally never believe that anyone would never go anywhere as money talks, its just human nature. I thought it was a strange decision to leave but it was an F'ing liberty to treat us the way he has and hardly give us the time of day. Personally I hope he fecks it up at Bolton and ends up managing a non league side or worse.

Would feel the same in your shoes.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
He laughed about it when he became our manager and said it was a backhanded compliment. The song was sung before he became a manager and again afterwards, but not whilst he was here.

That's all right then !!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That's all right then !!

He f***ing loved it here, and we were able to accept why he left, you guys whoever are just bitter about a player and manager who did good things for you, seems he made the right decision given the fickleness since he left. :smile:

Maybe you should direct your bitterness at a board who seem to have almost pushed him out of the door.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Its difficult to know what exactly went on with his Bolton move, perhaps there was trouble behind the scenes with your owners, hence his subsequent coolness towards the club.

If Holloway can get Blackpool to the PL with the tightest chairman on planet Earth he must have something going or him. I like him.

Im still sceptical about Holloway but as I say time will tell.

We can only guess what went on behind the scenes, but why would the board openly say he was not pushed and offered more money but that he wanted to go and why would he just keep his mouth shut and not try to put the record straight. Personally I feel he wanted to go and thats fair enough, but to not really acknowledge us after that then he can F himself as I have previouly said

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Im still sceptical about Holloway but as I say time will tell.

We can only guess what went on behind the scenes, but why would the board openly say he was not pushed and offered more money but that he wanted to go and why would he just keep his mouth shut and not try to put the record straight. Personally I feel he wanted to go and thats fair enough, but to not really acknowledge us after that then he can F himself as I have previouly said

Maybe you could ask LLCoolSteve or his mum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here