Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freedman's Return

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The way he was referring to "Crystal Palace" in the post match analysis, it was almost as if he'd never had any connections to the club at all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It was an odd interview, well at least the 5-live one was.

He wouldn't be drawn on his move, only to say:-

'The club accepted an offer, and I was told I could meet with them'.

Fingers crossed TB shows a bit more fight for 'his man'.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Did he get the warm welcome he was expecting? Sounded like a lot of booing on the Football League Show.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did he get the warm welcome he was expecting? Sounded like a lot of booing on the Football League Show.

Why wouldn't that surprise me? Hero to Zero, club without any class. Directors having binfests with fans on a forum too, shit week for the soon to be Croydon table sliders.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Why wouldn't that surprise me? Hero to Zero, club without any class. Directors having binfests with fans on a forum too, shit week for the soon to be Croydon table sliders.

We're you there?
thought not.
I never booed him but never clapped either.
I thankful of a promotion chasing team he assembled and his legend status to us on the pitch,the way he left left a sour taste in my mouth I believe he went for the money but that's to be expected nowadays .
He is not Palace like us just did a job very well because he was paid too.
I heard the booing on the football league show last night but when he walked out I'd say 50% clapped the rest of us sung Holloways name.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We're you there?
thought not.

Of course not, I'd rather stick red hot needles in my eyes than watch a game at Selhurst that didn't involve the Albion, which is why I said it WOULDN'T surprise me, I just know what a bunch of fickle fans you have :rolleyes:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We're you there?
thought not.
I thankful of a promotion chasing team he assembled and his legend status to us on the pitch,the way he left left a sour taste in my mouth I believe he went for the money but that's to be expected nowadays .
I heard the booing on the football league show last night but when he walked out I'd say 50% clapped the rest of us sung Holloways name.

He didn't need to be there, it was broadcast to the nation on the Football League show.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
He got a mixed reaction , a mainly good one as he walked past the main stand and not much from the others . I must agree with botty in that I found he's use of " crystal palace " quite strange and a little bit sad really .

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
At the game, it sounded like there was as much clapping as there was booing. I personally did neither but the way He has acted he can now go and F himself. Imagine if Poyet done the same to you lot, dont say it wont happen because only fans are loyal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
At the game, it sounded like there was as much clapping as there was booing. I personally did neither but the way He has acted he can now go and F himself. Imagine if Poyet done the same to you lot, dont say it wont happen because only fans are loyal.

Poyet isn't an ex Brighton player or club legend. Most of us are resigned to losing him sooner or later. You should see the posts from your fans prior to Freedman leaving you. Seasider hasn't been seen since he welched on his bet that Freedman would never leave Palace.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We're you there?
thought not.

Grammar?

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I only asked the question because I'd read the Dougie was anticipating a warm welcome. Personally I think ex managers and players should show respect when returning, as did FFS when he scored against us and didn't make a big thing of celebrating. In the same way fans should show respect. No need to go over the top but if it was an ex Albion manager returning I would participate in polite applause or just stay quiet, def not boo! At the end of the day it's only fans that are with the club forever.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Poyet isn't an ex Brighton player or club legend. Most of us are resigned to losing him sooner or later. You should see the posts from your fans prior to Freedman leaving you. Seasider hasn't been seen since he welched on his bet that Freedman would never leave Palace.

I agree totally, that why in my opinion he can go F himself, especially after(me included) we stayed loyal to him last season. I personally never believe that anyone would never go anywhere as money talks, its just human nature. I thought it was a strange decision to leave but it was an F'ing liberty to treat us the way he has and hardly give us the time of day. Personally I hope he fecks it up at Bolton and ends up managing a non league side or worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here