Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fraser and Murray 'altercation'

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Muray had a fitnest test this morning as was pronounced fit, he was also asked by Adams how he felt and he declared he was 100%.

His attitude stinks, we need players who are going to roll up the sleeves and fight for everything at the moment.

Wait a moment, if he really didnt care then surely he wouldn't have declared himself 100% fit, and then wouldnt have played?

Or, as some people are saying, he is looking for a move - then surely coming on and playing crap for 20 mins isn't going to get him that move?

He hasnt trained all week, it is a stomach injury and running after the player could possibly have strained or caused further problems (And even if that wouldnt be the case, surely he would have been in two minds, in the same way as a player coming back from injury would be concerned about making a tackle) - so, would you all rather he was out for further games?

Fact is, he came on at Swindon and looked great, not like someone who didnt care - you telling me in 20 days he has decided he doesnt give a shit any more?

Frankly the Murray baiting is becoming boring now... And to compare him to Leon Knight, my god are you cretins or what?!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I don't blameMurray for Delph's goal. Nor do I expect him to take the noble art of defending from the front to the extreme and do a Wayne Rooney. I also think Murray is our classiest act and agree with TCB that if Murray goes then we really are up shit creak without a paddle.

HOWEVER...today was a total embarrassment to see the way Murray gave up the chase on Delph like that. Murray was the nearest player, and despite knowing he ain't really got a cat in hells chance of catching Delph, you just don't give up after a few strides like that and watch him go. Delph's goal wasn't Murrays fault because NOBODY seemed interested in getting anywhere near Delph:rant:, but sorry, Murray should be ashamed of himself for his part in it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Wait a moment, if he really didnt care then surely he wouldn't have declared himself 100% fit, and then wouldnt have played?

He had to play, we were down to 14 outfield players.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It was clear from the second minute of Murray being on the pitch that he could not run at full pace. How he was on the bench when this should have been obvious to the coaching staff is beyond me.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
He had to play, we were down to 14 outfield players.

So why did he need to declare himself fit - according to your logic, he would have to play anyway?

Therefore he was forced to play while not fit? Now, I wouldnt be very happy about that... could this be why he didnt look up for it?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Before you all predictably turn on Fraser (oops - too late), the first player to have a go was actually golden boy Elphick, who was screaming at Murray and pointing at him straight after the goal. Fraser then ran across and got involved.

Murray he didn't give up chasing Delph - he didn't even start chasing him. As the team had given a pretty good account of themselves to that point I thought the anger of the others was understandable. However, Murray was surely injured. Perhaps they were so annoyed because maybe he'd declared himself fit to play when plainly he could barely run? Either that, or he didn't want to be out there himself .. but that would make him a pretty unusual pro footballer...

Incidentally, I thought Fraser was fine. He's no worse than Thomson... well worth his place given the current squad.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
1st Goal - I thought Leeds worked it well. Wingers on both touchlines, completely spread us apart. Little bit of chaos, 0-1. No complaints, other than why couldn't we deal with it.

2nd Goal pissed me off. Obviously we were pushing for it, but when we lost it, Murray was there on the spot of losing it. He sprinted back for about 10yds, slowed to a jog, and then thought f*** it, 2 on 2 is OK, I'll watch the goal (which he and all did).

Incidentally Fraser wasn't the only one to have a go at Murray. There were 2 others pointing fingers at him, but didn't really register them as was watching Fraser, and completely agreed with his sentiments.

He spent the game chasing, working hard, and gave it his all. If he had of lost it he would have worked back to recover, Murray thought f*** it. I'll watch.

Why is he such a lazy player? He has a brilliant touch, and is a class act - just put some effort in. Rant over.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
He could have chased back and made it much harder for him and given the rest of the players some time to get back or he could have fouled him.

He chose to do noughing and his body language was appaling.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So why did he need to declare himself fit - according to your logic, he would have to play anyway?

Therefore he was forced to play while not fit? Now, I wouldnt be very happy about that... could this be why he didnt look up for it?
Muzza didn't train all week due a stomach injury which has flared up again. Was he given a pain killing injection so that he could be on the bench today ?
Without Muzza we would have had to put a youth striker or Jakey on the bench to make up the numbers

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Unfortunately , I could only watch the first half today, and thought Fraser gave a very good account of himself. Was busy....kept Delph relatively quiet..and always involved.

Obviously I can't comment on Murray, but was listening to the radio and you could hear the disgust in Johnny Byrnes voice when he was describing how it happened, and how surprised he was that Murray didn't make any effort.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Muzza didn't train all week due a stomach injury which has flared up again. Was he given a pain killing injection so that he could be on the bench today ?
Without Muzza we would have had to put a youth striker or Jakey on the bench to make up the numbers

If a player isn't fully recovered from injury, then he shouldn't even be on the bench ; simple as !

If a player is just lacking match fitness, then a place on the bench to play for a short time is the correct decision.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Incidentally, much as I think Elphick is an excellent player, he was definitely at fault for the first goal. Only mention it because I think it's vaguely ridiculous that certain players like Fraser/Hawkins have ended up as whipping boys, while others can supposedly do no wrong....

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
In fairness to Fraser he absolutely ran his socks of today and was the best player out of our pretty poor midfield. He wanted it more than anyone else out there and had every right to be f***ed off with what Murray did. You don't just stop chasing a player even if you think you won't catch him, you've still got to try and put some kind of pressure on, which he could have done.

Murray didn’t physically react to Fraser's barge. Looked a bit like he shit himself.

Absolutely agree. I thought Fraser had a really good game, and gave absolutely EVERYTHING today, and having put so much into the game, it's no wonder he was f***ed off to see the game disappear out of reach, while Murray just couldn't even be arsed to chase the bloke.

Rather than Murray not reacting because he shat himself, I took it mean that Glenn knew he'd been a bit shit and deserved what he got from Fraser.

Today;
Fraser :clap:
Murray :tosser:

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Fraser looked like he cared and Murray didn't. Not saying Murray isn't a good player because quite clearly he's one of out best players but he didn't look interested when he came on. I don't know if that was due to lack of fitness but today he didn't look like he wanted to be there and Tommy let him know that wasn't good enough.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I'm not sure I can remember ever seeing a player just give up chasing someone like Murray did today. If he's not fit enough to run after someone then he shouldn't be on the pitch, regardless of who he is or how short we are of players. Even a youth team player would have at least tried, not just given up and acted like he couldn't care less. I didn't see Fraser's reaction but Murray deserves all the stick he got.

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
lazy git murray

how anyone can come on here and defend murray after is a joke. Fraser had every right to have a go at hm. Fraser ran his socks off and Murray had been on about 10 minutes and gave up chasing back. He knew there were only 2 defenders back and he stopped, it was a joke. I had plenty of time for murray before yesterday. yes he is a striker but nobody can just stop chasing a player back when your getting caught on the counter attack.:censored: murray!

Martinjgtaylor

South Stand Bonfire
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham
Murray v Fraser

Not sure in my own mind yet if Murray was just plain lazy or too unfit to track back yesterday but I thought the Fraser v Murray altercation says something about the lack of team unity at the moment which is worrying bearing in mind where we are in the table. Hope 2009 isn't going to be a repeat of 1983 with a trip to Wembley and relegation. What is not on though was sarcastic applause to the North Stand fans at the end of the game when we fork out for one of the most expensive tickets in the League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here