Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fraser and Murray 'altercation'

butters14

Mar 22, 2008
This string has gone on long enough. It's very easy. Murray is a very gifted player, but yesterday a) he wasn't fit and shouldn't have been brought on, and b) he just couldn't be arsed even to try running back, and that is unforgivable. (Also, for what it's worth, if any Brighton player had put the guy who headed the ball out under any pressure at all - he had a complete free header - that move wouldn't have started in the first place).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Im not being funny but why is everyone blaming Murray for the 2nd goal? It was f***ing baldy El Bad who didnt put in a tackle and backed of the whole of the pitch, and he didnt just back off, he gave Delph so much room, GET RID

Wrong. If you see the goal, just been on SSN, Delph ran the length of the field from when he left Murray until he reached El Abd on the edge of our box and as he approached El Abd he shot before a tackle could be put in and before he reached El Abd. So that is one that Adam El Abd cannot be blamed for.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In the end it was a quality goal by a quality player. OK, it was two on two, and the backing off didn't help things one little bit, but the finish was pure class.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
There must be something wrong at the club when you have one player being assaulted by another with 2 other players shouting abuse. Then Murray walks off giving according to posters here and to Harty "sarcastic applause" to the fans. As talented as Murray may be if he is not a happy person or a team player then there is little point in him playing for us. Now if all it was about was the fact that he was not fit and should not have played then the manager and coaches are at fault.
Whichever way you argue something is wrong and needs sorting. I doubt if we can avoid relegation as I've felt for some time that we look a very poor team but time is running out if we are to stay in Division 1.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
There must be something wrong at the club when you have one player being assaulted by another with 2 other players shouting abuse. Then Murray walks off giving according to posters here and to Harty "sarcastic applause" to the fans. As talented as Murray may be if he is not a happy person or a team player then there is little point in him playing for us. Now if all it was about was the fact that he was not fit and should not have played then the manager and coaches are at fault.
Whichever way you argue something is wrong and needs sorting. I doubt if we can avoid relegation as I've felt for some time that we look a very poor team but time is running out if we are to stay in Division 1.

Agreed. Sadly unless the above is sorted out then it is a recipe for relegation.

If Naylor was doing his job properly then he would have 'informants' and bring any perceived problems out and hopefully lance the boil.

But the Argus is just a PR machine for the club along with Harty and SCR.

jaylondon22

Jan 5, 2009
Was it two-on-one? If so, if El-Abd had approached Delph earlier, he'd merely have passed it to the other player steaming in to his left...

If it wasn't two-on-one... :shrug:

It was 2 v 1 and El-abd was not at fault, if he had have dived in Delph - the best player in the league - he would have just passed it to the striker who would have scored, or he could have brought him down and got a second yellow card and missed three games - NOT what we need at the moment! In a hopeless situation caused by none of the other 9 players tracking back he jockyied him so that Delph would have had to do something special to score...unfortunately the finish WAS special.

Aside from the reason for Murreys laziness, what i want to know is, why are 9 players up for a corner only leaving 1 at the back? Adam had a thankless task if the ball got cleared to a leeds player up the pitch - he was not at fault.

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008
ive never been a fan of murray hes lazy, rubbish and a waste of money!
if cardiff want him we should cash in!
fraser, elphick and forster are the only brighton players that look like they want the team to win! fraser never stops running and has the most passion for brighton, he was spot on for having a go at murray!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Was it two-on-one? If so, if El-Abd had approached Delph earlier, he'd merely have passed it to the other player steaming in to his left...

If it wasn't two-on-one... :shrug:

It was two on two as Fleetwood was pretty much level with the other player. I think the reason El-Abd did back off though was because he thought he was 1 against 2. Still poor defending though - the first goal was an incredibly stupid goal to let in as well.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
It was two on two as Fleetwood was pretty much level with the other player. I think the reason El-Abd did back off though was because he thought he was 1 against 2. Still poor defending though - the first goal was an incredibly stupid goal to let in as well.

If Fleetwood had had the same "strikers" attiutude as Murray, it would have been 1 against 2.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
No, Fraser was our best player today, he crunched into tackles, won the ball, ran with the ball.

He cares.

Has PASSION which it sounds(I can only listen on SW) like some of the others lack just a pity Fraser is not a bit heavier

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008
And our top scorer.

thats because forsters our only good forward and hes missed a few games!
murray does get a few goals here and there but him being in the team is stopping someone else from playing and scoring, quite selfish really! he makes our team play and look really bad most of the time!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here