Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fraser and Murray 'altercation'

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Scott, if he "fucks off" we go down. I'll promise you that now.

If he stays but can't be arsed we will go down.

His attempt to chase back was a disgrace, just because he's a forward doesn't excuse him from trying and his lack of effort was directly responsible for the 2nd goal. However, if he was too injured to run, Adams shouldn't have brought him on and he shouldn't have even been on the bench, so it may not be Murrays fault.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As for Glenn, well I don't think our best player and only class act should be criticised for failing to DEFEND (he is a striker afterall) and especially not by any of the jokers who aren't fit to be on the same pitch as him.

I think it's unfair to call him our only class act.

But I have a bigger issue with the comment in brackets. Because he's a striker he doesn't have to defend? That is complete non sense. He is a member of a team. The team has to defend. And when opposing player with the ball is near you, you should do what you can to dispossess him or force him into an error or at least negate any threat he presents.

We expect our defenders to do the job of a forward when they are in a position to do so (i.e. shoot, score put the opposing defenders under pressure at set pieces, etc), we should expect our forwards to do the job of our defenders when they are in a position to do so. It's what being a part of a team is about.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That's just ridiculous. Think back to the last game we played at Swindon (which you went to!) He was left out but when he came on he was BRILLIANT. To compare our best player to Knight is laughable.

Knight was brilliant at times too. He receives a lot of negativity for his attitude at the end of his run and comments made after leaving. When he was on form for us, he was very very very good. People forget that too often.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You can't blame Murray for this shambles as when he gets good service he scores, all are issues lie in the midfield at present as they create nothing.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
That's just ridiculous. Think back to the last game we played at Swindon (which you went to!) He was left out but when he came on he was BRILLIANT. To compare our best player to Knight is laughable.

best player, oozes talent, can change a game when he comes on, relied upon for goals, seemingly lazy with an apparent poor attitude - sounds JUST like knight to me

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You can't blame Murray for this shambles as when he gets good service he scores, all are issues lie in the midfield at present as they create nothing.

Murray is a player who has so far scored in spells. He scored a few when he first joined then went a lot of games without a goal, then he scored a lot of goals in a few games, then had another barren spell early this year, followed by a whole bunch of goals in a few games, and is now on another barren spell. Some players are like that. No, he doesn't always get the best service, but I don't believe all his barren spells are the result of long runs of games in which he doesn't get any good service at all.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
murray is injured ffs.

he shouldn't be near the team and Adams is turning him into a hate figure

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004

Spot on! he can do his job, it's just a shame that alot of other players cannot do theirs.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
I know what you're saying, but personally I'd rather we put a midfield on the pitch that was capable of preventing an opposition player running the entire length of the pitch to score than criticised our best player and top scorer for not chasing him back.

He was there at the time, he should have chased back. There is no arguing with that. If any other player had been in that position he would have chased back, and probably prevented the second goal that really ended the match for us.

As for people saying he was injured - How do you know this. Do you mean he wasn't fully match fit? In which case he could and should have chased back. If he was injured he wouldn't have been in the squad.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He is no way match fit, he could not run at all! Either Murray or Adams has been very stupid today.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
"Bad attitude"?? Since when? You're making this up as you go along:lolol:

He doesn't race around the pitch, and he doesn't charge back to defend, but put a cross on his head or the ball at his feet in the area and he'll score goals. And that, my friend, is the ONE thing we've got at the moment that could keep us up.

from what the MAJORITY of people are saying, he had a pretty good opportunity to at least shut delph down today and make it more difficult for him than he was. but apparently he didnt. that, in my opinion, is the indication of a possible bad attitude.

again, your second paragraph could EASILY be used to describe leon knight. infact, if it was posted 5 years ago id say it described him down to a TEE. you dont get 27(?) goals in this division otherwise

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
It wasn't the midfields job to chase Delph, anyone who has played football at even the shitest standard could see that. The ball broke away from the corner - Murray was the nearest player to Delph by f***ing miles - it's his job to chase him down - not the midfielders who are no where near him.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I think that Murray cannot be match fit otherwise he would have started - if fact in retrospect even if not fully fit it would have been better to have him start and perhaps he would have put the two chances Fleetwood missed away.

We would have been 2-0 up at half time if they had been buried.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I don't give a shit about him not doing the midfield's job by chasing Delph back the length of the pitch. If you think a striker not doing that means he has a bad attitude you're a mug! If that's your criteria for a bad attitude then most strikers we've had must have one.

where was delph when he recieved the ball? if it was in the final third of the pitch or in the leeds defence, or even if it was in murrays 'zone', with him being the nearest player, which i am lead to believe it was, then it IS the strikers job to shut him down and stop him playing. the front men are the first line of defence, and if you can stop a team playing with the ball at the back then there is a far less chance they are going to be able to get the ball forward. he obviously doesnt have to chase him the whole way back, he is not wayne rooney after all, but if you can make it difficult for someone you do it, dont just think "oh its ok, we'll let the midfield deal with it" - especially when it is a midfield as shit as the one we have

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here