Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FPC Snipers Are Off Again?!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Anyone who does show the slightests concernt for the delays will be shot down in flames as a bad fan who does not understand the problems the club is facing.

In reality those who are concerned are no less of a fan just perhaps not blindly putting their faith in those behind a project already 11 years old...

Er... no-one - or hardly anyone - has said that.

The main bone of contention is that one or two feel that this is stadium is never going to get built, and that you can blame Martin Perry for that, a man whose agenda is seemingly to drag this out as long as possible in order to continue taking a salary.

As for delays, the vast majority (including myself) are expecting them, and are prepared for it.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
We knew as soon as fatboy called it to a public enquiry that this would drag on but now the last couple of hurdles are being cleared and it is just the sprint to the line :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If (IF) its not ready for August 2010, doesn't mean it has to be another year before we start playnig there. Doncaster started playing at their new stadium on January 1st.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Why are people still so negative about this whole project? I just don't get it

Some people are just having a good whinge about the current shambles. Thousands of others just disappeared without a moan. The people currently moaning are at least showing some concern.

Withdean is currently hiding the fact that the club has very few fans left. Falmer, should it ever be built, will not change that because it will be just as hard to get into Falmer as it is Withdean.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Some people are just having a good whinge about the current shambles. Thousands of others just disappeared without a moan. The people currently moaning are at least showing some concern.

Withdean is currently hiding the fact that the club has very few fans left. Falmer, should it ever be built, will not change that because it will be just as hard to get into Falmer as it is Withdean.

Sorry, you're going to have explain that last part to me.

Oh, and are you going to answer my question of a couple of pages ago?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Thats not actually true. You will be able to bowl up to the stadium at Falmer and buy a ticket there and then to get in.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Er... no-one - or hardly anyone - has said that.

The main bone of contention is that one or two feel that this is stadium is never going to get built, and that you can blame Martin Perry for that, a man whose agenda is seemingly to drag this out as long as possible in order to continue taking a salary.

As for delays, the vast majority (including myself) are expecting them, and are prepared for it.

Not on this thread no, but on MANY others people have got very touchy over criticism of the board over the Falmer issue.

I don't think anyone necessarily believes Perry is stringing this out for personal gain, what I think is more of a reality though is that he has perhaps not done things as quickly as he could have.

In the end we will get our ground and people will congratulate Perry and Knight for taking us there. Not all the praise will be undeserved and I will be in the crowds at Falmer cheering them as they no doubt parade round the pitch.

But, I guess we will never know whether someone different in Perry's position may have delivered the ground sooner.

In the long run it won't matter. In the short term, facing more seasons at Withdean and increasing 'Falmer fatigue' it might start to frustrate a few people.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Not on this thread no, but on MANY others people have got very touchy over criticism of the board over the Falmer issue.

f*** 'em. Let them get touchy.

I don't think anyone necessarily believes Perry is stringing this out for personal gain, what I think is more of a reality though is that he has perhaps not done things as quickly as he could have.

The stringing out for personal gain makes no sense. He's probably going to be the Chief Executive once we're at Falmer...

But on that above point. Can you give us a 'for instance'?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But, I guess we will never know whether someone different in Perry's position may have delivered the ground sooner.

We're back in Arthur territory here.
I'm still not clear at all on what exactly MP could have done to speed up the planning process. If anything, we were f***ed over by the Government bollocksing up the letter of consent, and LDC then seizing on that error to drag this out for another two years.

What could someone else in Perrys position have done to avert that ?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not having an in-depth knowledge of the process or being privvy to the club's business records etc probably not in the best position to give examples...

I don't think for one minute he is stringing things out for personal gain. But people are bound to speculate that when a project is 11 years old that someone else may have taken less time.

It is similar to having a striker who scores a goal every other game. Doing a good job but what is to say another player might not have scored more?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think we just have to accept that gaining planning permission for a project of this size in a designated AONB is a monstrously difficult and prolongued process. And in fairness, perhaps it bloody well SHOULD be difficult, otherwise we'd be losing swathes of genuinely valuable AONB's and open countryside to the planners.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Sorry, you're going to have explain that last part to me.

Oh, and are you going to answer my question of a couple of pages ago?

The Steward wanted to know why people are negative. I suggested it was maybe because they actually cared and are fed up with waiting.

Many fans who possibly didn't care as much have now deserted the club, probably never to return. Most have gone because of the difficulty getting tickets for Withdean. Falmer looks to be going along the same lines.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think we just have to accept that gaining planning permission for a project of this size in a designated AONB is a monstrously difficult and prolongued process. And in fairness, perhaps it bloody well SHOULD be difficult, otherwise we'd be losing swathes of genuinely valuable AONB's and open countryside to the planners.

I agree. AONB should be difficult to build on.

Surely the club realised this though before they set out with Falmer as the only site and no plan B.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here