Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fourth Investec Ashes Test, England v Australia, Chester le Street 9-13 Aug 2013

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
FFS Cook

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
153-4

England struggling a bit now... Cook trapped in front by Bird... didn't even review it!

There is a fair bit of pressure on Bell, Bairstow and Prior now to get England up to something decent.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That was absolute shite from KP and Cook.

KP should be just playing that off the back foot, he's miles from the pitch, prodding away from his body - just basics against the spinner.

As for Cook, mostly negative all day. Leaving one plumb on off stump on 50 runs having faced 150+ balls for 4 hours is just ridiculous. I can't believe it. Get that your first couple of overs, okay, but bloodyhell, not when you've been in most of the day. Dreadful.

None of these wickets have been unplayable deliveries. We've given wickets away.

Stumpy Tim

If you bat for 150 balls you'll get a couple of wicket-taking deliveries. You need a little luck & if you don't you've got to hope you've got decent runs. Cook should have had 20 or 30 more than he ended up with

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Cook did his job. The rest..mmmm

Establish a painfully slow scoring rate, a run per 4 balls, let their bowlers get their line and length as under no scoreboard pressure, then get out leaving one not playing a shot....I'm sure he is well chuffed with his days work.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Good day for batting tomorrow if we make it to then :(

Was supposed to be good batting surface today, but this is painful to watch. Just wandered away on to Sky Spors 1 to see Eubank talking for an hour, came back and I think they've scored about 4 runs.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
OUT - that is JUST hitting enough of leg stump to overturn the not out decision on field.

Prior LBW Siddle 17 (58 balls)

189-6

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here