Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Foul language from BHA fans.

larus

I was in the main away section with some friends and our kids. My boy is 9, one other is 10 and another 6.

There was a woman (looked like a real slapper) sat near me with 3 other guys and she was shouting obscenities all match long, i.e. c***, w***er, f***, etc, etc.

When we moved a few seats along because of our kids, she even seemed proud. Comments such as 'Where have those kids gone that were in front of you?. Oh, looks like they didn't like my foul mouth'

I realise that it's a football match and you're going to hear bad language, but is it too much to expect some restraint from people if there are young kids around?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Pity she didn't have the intelligence to say something more incisive, people like her make me sick.

Hope it didn't ruin your day.

How disgraceful. I hate the C word and for another woman to speak like that, I would be embarrassed myself.

You can't help some language when you are all het up but it seems as if they liked using abusive language when it wasn't even called for.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I think bad language is totally uncalled for when kids are present. I certainly wouldn't use that sort of language.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I must admit I find my language does deteriorate at footy matches - especially recently, but I do always try to consciously tame things down if there's kids around.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I have one of the foulest mouths i know of, but i do my utmost not to unleash it around kids. Its just as much fun to try and think of alternatives such as melonfarmer, mongpicker or beanpaddler.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry to hear that larus. It's all about a bit of consideration, personally I like swearing at the football when it's appropriate, does you the world of good, but that clearly isn't when you're surrounded by kids. Always going to be a delicate balancing act having groups of lads up for a few beers and young children in the away end. Same draw (the Albion), different days out. A bit of mutual respect, everyone's happy.

Trish

Jul 5, 2003
BrightonBird said:
How disgraceful. I hate the C word and for another woman to speak like that, I would be embarrassed myself.

I've always accepted swearing as part of football so I haven't got delicate ears. I agree that hearing a woman using the c-word is awful. I'd say she had more to drink than she could handle.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I hardly ever swear but at a football match you are going to hear swearing.

The problem is that you get a complete cross section of society there and are going to get people who do act that way, not just Brighton fans.

You should have reported it to a steward. That is one of the things they are there for. One of the youngsters on here got warned about his language (didn't they? :lol: )

Trish said:
I've always accepted swearing as part of football so I haven't got delicate ears. I agree that hearing a woman using the c-word is awful. I'd say she had more to drink than she could handle.

oh no! I don't have delicate ears but I HATE the word C U Next Tuesday!!!!!

Yorkie - care to share who was naughty?:lolol:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Tokyo Seagull said:
From the Club Programme:

TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE TO THE ALBION

Foul and Abusive Language, Racist Language and Behaviour, Drunkeness, Pitch Encroachment, throwing Missiles.

Anyone committing these offences will be banned by the Club.

Complaints in Confidence to 01273 695400 or seagulls@bhafc.co.uk.
Bit late for that as the match has gone.:lolol:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I must admit that my language is terrible at the moment.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I think you know him quite well BrightonBird. He came up to me at half time and told me he'd been warned.

So I told him to stop swearing then. :lolol:
He didn't get any sympathy from me :lolol:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
It wasn't just swearing though. He was standing at the front of where people were standing up from so was drawing attention to himself.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BrightonBird said:
ohhhh yes, I think I was sitting next to him when he was told. Forgot about that!:lol:

So BB, why not tell us who he was ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here