Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Foul language from BHA fans.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Sheebo.

He wasn't doing anything any different to anyone else that was there though.

The stewards keep a closer watch on us because one of the people sitting next to us is banned. There is also attention drawn towards our seats when about 6 people cram into 3 seats.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Swearing in front of kids is just not on!

I'm also curious about our "younger poster" who was warned.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ah Sheebo!

Posts crossed!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
BrightonBird said:
What I find really pathetic is when our fans give the w***er sign to the oppositions fans. It's really sad.

What - even Palace?

*suddenly remembers he's 35 and it's no way to behave*

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
fatboy said:
Sheebo.

He wasn't doing anything any different to anyone else that was there though.

The stewards keep a closer watch on us because one of the people sitting next to us is banned. There is also attention drawn towards our seats when about 6 people cram into 3 seats.
Sheebo I am extremely disapointed in you :lolol: :lolol:

Must admit the three of us were swearing like absolute ****s yesterday, but that was mainly down to starting drinking before 10am and were then knocking back double Southern Comforts for two and a half hours in the pub.

From what I can remember though there were no kids near us. That's not to say there weren't any because I can't remember a thing about the whole game.

Last edited:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I'll never forget going to Southend away first game of the 2000/2001 season

Got there just before kickoff and had to sit on one of the far ends of the away terrace, near the home fans. A couple where there with their young children (couldn't have been more than 6 and 8), obviously to get away from the middle of the stand which was full up. Anyway about kickoff time I load of "lads" turned up, singng with great delight about how they were from Mouslecoomb and precedded to spent the WHOLE match slagging off the opposition/ref/etc with some horrendous language

Don't get me wrong, I swear at football, but it was so embarrassing that afternoon, as the family had obviously moved away from the masses for a quieter afternoon but then found themselves in the middle of Brighton hoolies!

I think these lads were the same ones who launched the wheelie bin (!) at the Southend fans inside the ground

Wierd day all round that one, had such high expectations and we were rubbish and there were some real numpties in the Brighton end

larus

Trish said:
I've always accepted swearing as part of football so I haven't got delicate ears. I agree that hearing a woman using the c-word is awful. I'd say she had more to drink than she could handle.

I'm not saying that I don't expect to hear people swearing, but it's not too much to expect a bit of consideration. However,as Yorkie rightly points as, we all have different standards. I'm no snob, but I suppose my values are going to be different from a few fans (gladly, though, most of you appear to share my concerns). :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It would appear to come hand in hand with the game now swearing.

What can you do with minors ? Not much but I try and adopt what Emily's Mum does - let the child understand it is wrong and therefore shouldn't be done.

Usually does the trick.

Trish

Jul 5, 2003
Don't get me wrong, Larus, I definitely share your concerns about swearing, and would be horrified if guests in my house were to swear in front of my children and grandchildren. Its just that I've accepted that I will hear bad language when I'm at a football match. My sons learnt at an early age that the language they heard on the terraces was not to be repeated at home.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
It is difficult and must admit I do swear sometimes mainly caused by the situtation in the game and the frustration comes out!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Trish said:
Don't get me wrong, Larus, I definitely share your concerns about swearing, and would be horrified if guests in my house were to swear in front of my children and grandchildren. Its just that I've accepted that I will hear bad language when I'm at a football match. My sons learnt at an early age that the language they heard on the terraces was not to be repeated at home.

Trish - same here I take my 11 year old and have to accept what is said is said, especially at away games.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Trish said:
sons learnt at an early age that the language they heard on the terraces was not to be repeated at home.

Exactly.

If I was to use the language I hear, and probably now use, at football in my house then I would be in big trouble.

Meade's_Ball said:
I think the point about women using the c-word is an utter load of rubbish. As if feminine lips ought to be pure?

Not being a woman, you will not understand that using that word is the worst thing for a woman. You ask most women on here and I think they will agree with me. That word is something that most women hate hearing (obviously at a football match I hear it all the time, but in the street, etc, I get shocked). I swear when I am het up, but it's usually the f word.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
But that may be just as offensive to someone else.

Are you offended by other words for genetalia such as pussy or dick?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here