Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forty Notes night at Concorde 2 - *** TONIGHT ***

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Possible change of compere, with the whole night gathering momentum Bernard Manning has volunteered to front the whole night instead of Atilla, who will still be able to recite his poems, even the ones that don't rhyme.
So NSC its a straight choice Manning or Baine?
The decision is yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Fact is berky, you don't HAVE to fork out for the Forty notes fund if you don't want to, the Forty Notes Fund is for those who do want to give some more money.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Can I just go and have a good time at what sounds a good gig. It's not supporting some war criminals or some other horrible people.

Just maybe, some money will go to a cause that we all love, and enjoy, even if it's only a couple of quid, which they did'nt have before.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
I hate manning with a passion but id have him compare over baine anyday!!

i will not go because of Baine, I bet he bangs on about politics. As someone above has said ,cant we just pay our money and enjoy music?,

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Politics is what is currently deciding the fate of our club. Besides, Attila will be reading football poetry and, as you have stated, compering. He is capable of doing a show without talking politics. The evening will be 98% music, 2% poetry and introductions.

Do I suspect that left-wing politics bothers you? Sorry you feel you cannot come, but this is not Attila's evening, it is Brighton & Hove Albion's evening, for which Attila is kindly giving his time up for free.

If your absence really is for the reasons you have stated, then I am afraid they are not only wrong, but irrelevant reasons.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Come on peeps, forget the reasons (whatever they may be and however wrong they may be) and come along for a crimbo party while donating to a blinding cause.

:drink:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I'm thinking of going, but its a bad night for my usual footie mates.

I am sure if I go I will see someone I know there, dont fancy being Billy no mates so close to crimbo !!

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm 90% sure I'll go. However the trip to Tranmere the day before will wipe out most of my cash. I doubt I'll spend much more than the entrance fee.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Buy the ticket now, and you won't have to worry about paying the extra quid on the door. I've got 50 in my pocket now...

Better still, if anyone wants to find me during their lunch break (I work in the middle of Brighton), pay me by cheque, and I promise not to pay it in until the New Year.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Last edited:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
:clap: I hope your ready to take over Large One if our Lord of the Wrongs,DK, suddenly pops it.

Ignore them.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
so can you promise me that Baine will NOT spout left wing shit at the gig? i agree that famler is a political issue, but baine bangs on about left wing issues which bare no relevence to the football.
plus his poetry is CACK!
Book Pam Aryes, she'll bring in the crowds.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No, I am not promising that Attila will not talk politics. I am sorry you do not find left wing politics interesting. John has told me he will be MCing, and reading some of his football poetry. I am not in a position to censor him, nor do I have the desire to do so.

I am sure John would be delighted to hear your opinions. As long as you allow him the courtesy of being able to respond to your criticism. Anyway, I look forward to seeing you in the reviewers' circle on the next episode of The Late Show. :lolol:

Besides, quite a few people, myself included, find a lot of his work amusing, and I am delighted that he has agreed to give up his time for free to do the gig.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here