Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forty Notes night at Concorde 2 - *** TONIGHT ***

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Danny Seagull's Mate said:
Is anyone going to any pubs before hand? I will be in the Wellington from about 7pm onwards :)

Check this thread babe Pre-Gig Beers, although it doesn't seem like there is much of a decision made as to where.

:)

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
As it is the day before the year anniversary of the late great Joe Strummers death and I am one of the DJ's, how does everyone feel about a Clash/Strummer influenced playlist, any requests?

Joe Strummer RIP

Great Idea!

I came home pissed last Christmas, remembered the news about Strummer, put the Clash on the stereo, went to bed and shed a tear.

Request from me:

PLEASE play at least one of:

Train in Vain,
Guns of Brixton,
Bankrobber
Lost in the Supermarket

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'Complete Control' would be ace
As would Mikey Dread 'World war III'
Althea & Donna 'Uptown Top Ranking'
Dillinger 'Cocaine'

Maybe go easy on the Mescaleros aye cos Strummer both before and after the Clash was, uh, how can I put this without causing offence...

And loads of Adverts and Buzzcocks

Good luck 40 Note Fellas!

:clap:

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Does anyone know if there will be a CD player or just decks at the gig. Ive lost Als no and dont want to cart cds down there if theres nothing to play them on. All Clash stuff is on vinyl tho, so dont worry about that.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Southy (what a crap nom de plume): Apparently, there will NOT be any CD players down there. This is what I have been told. However, apologies if that happens to be a fib. PM me Steve - I am online for a bit (it's 5.48pm now).

I will be playing a selection of northern soul, Motown, ska and cheese. Any requests anyone?

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
The Large One said:
Southy (what a crap nom de plume): ]

OOhh get her!! Says the man with the most literal oh but its a little bit ironic in an internet nerdy sort of way "nom de plume". It was a character I played in a play about the Albion but you were probably too busy thinking up funny "I'll come over really well on the internet" nom de plumes to come :salute:

I'm going to change it now my cover's been blown anyway.. what about Northy? or even Dwayne?

*goes into his bedroom to think of something really funny*

pm your number Al and I'll ring you

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
A very stupid question I know it starts at 7pm is that when the doors open as well????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here