Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forty Notes night at Concorde 2 - *** TONIGHT ***

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Forty Notes night at Concorde 2, Dec 21...

PRESS RELEASE

12 November 2003

The Forty Notes More or Less Fund is pleased to announce

THE FORTY NOTES CHRISTMAS BASH

…at The Concorde 2 on Sunday 21st December, 7pm – midnight. Tickets £6.50 +b.f. in advance, £7.50 on the door. Tickets will be available from the week commencing 17 November from the usual outlets.

All profits from the evening will go to The Forty Notes More or Less Fund, an independent money-raising organisation which was set up last year to help Brighton & Hove Albion pay for the acquisition of permanent or on-loan signings.

Hosted by Albion Poet in Residence Attila the Stockbroker, the evening features a host of local bands, including Ska Gal & the Hands of Ra, Lucky Jim (tbc), (signed to the Albion sponsor’s label Skint), Mudlow, The Clarks, Acoustic House Party Happiness, Skull Disko and No Direxion.

All monies raised by the Forty Notes Fund are presented to the Albion, to be ring-fenced for the manager to spend on players as he sees fit. In a bid to help Brighton avoid the drop from Division One last season, Seagulls’ fans raised over £30,000 which went towards the loan signings of Anthony Rougier, Ben Roberts and Dave Beasant. This season, new manager Mark McGhee has indicated his desire to acquire new players, and while chairman Dick Knight has stated that a certain amount of funding is available, the extra money will surely come in handy for the manager.

The Forty Notes Fund will also be hosting another fundraising evening at Coral’s Stadium sometime in the new year. Details to be confirmed.

People can still contribute to the fund using a bank paying in slip at the Allied Irish Bank in Marlborough Place, Brighton. A/C No. A/C No: 05318-022. Sort code: 23-85-89
Allied Irish Bank, Marlborough Place, Brighton.

ENDS

NB. We are still waiting for the headline band to confirm, as well as DJs.

Anyone up for it?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I'll be there for a bit of Ska Bop,

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
f*** the forty note fund.

£1.5 million for Zamora.
£230,000 for Coppell.

Where has that money gone ?

Dick tight keeps putting the season tickets up season after season but never puts any money into the playing side.

You can stick the forty note fund up you're anal passage. Dick tight has enough of our money as it is, It's about time he dug deep into those pockets of his instead of relying on us poor fans.

:tosser:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Lucky Boy - you clearly are a twat. You have no idea what you are talking about.

I am going to be working my bollocks off with promotions, press releases, phone calls, organisation etc - in my spare time around my full time job - to try and make December 21 a success, for the evening, for everyone who attends, and for the club. And you just want to moan about something you know NOTHING about. You dare f***ing tell loyal Brighton fans not to help their club out...

Better still, stick yourself up your own anal passage - we can then pay money to see that and donate the proceeds to the Forty Notes Fund.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here