Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster getting stick

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Fozzie is superb at getting to linesman and refs. He is an excellant pro who knows the game. The opposition dont like it beacuse he is good at what he does, and it works.

JamesTheSuperBlue

Jan 29, 2008
The abuse on our forum is totally justified. Singh (who I thought was one of the more respectable refs in the game) cost us the match. You were probably one of the worst teams that I've seen at the Hall in some time (I haven't seen hoof ball tactics like that since we were in L2, and that was nearly 4 years ago). Officials decisions cost us the game, as we were BY FAR the better side and it was only a matter of time before we put it in the net, which we would have done had The Moose not been sent off.

Revell's challenge was rash but not malicious. I've seen a photo on our website, a photo on your website and a replay, and yes, he went in hard. But to the people I've seen saying it was a two-footed lunge - LOOK AT THE PHOTOS. The initial challenge was one-footed. Revell is just clumsy, he went in late - he was fired up. But malicious or vicious it most certainly was not, and a booking was fair IMO. Also saw a photo of Kuipers throwing a punch at Revell's head - now THAT is a atraight red. Funnily though, I guess you guys chose not to see that.

Moussa's sending off - RUBBISH. I've replayed the SSN replay of it a hundred times. And Moussa slid into the 50/50 challenge first! He slid in, and your player slid in AFTERWARDS, before clutching his leg. So basically, your player slid into Moussa and started clutching his leg. Hardeharharhar. Never a sending off. How a player can be sent off when he slid into a 50/50 challenge FIRST I will never know. Yellow card for Virgo for simulation would have been the correct decision, very clever of him to slide into Moussa and clutch his leg.

Forster's stick is deserved, he's a twat. Constantly harrying, winding up our fans and players, shouting in the linesman's face at one stage (heard him F and blind at him plenty of times from where I sat, I believe that's AT LEAST a booking). And he dives too. C U Next Tuesday, IMO. Kuipers, fair enough annoyed at Revell's challenege, but throwing a punch (fist above his neck height) is violent conduct and a sending off. He time wasted and shouted abuse at Revell all game.

We would have won the game minus the sending off. We looked much better than you did, and I'm pretty sure that you lot are heading for mid-table again. Without the sending off, you didn't have a chance of beating us. I'm inclined to fully agree with our fans - I really did think that Brighton bent the rules BIG TIME.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The abuse on our forum is totally justified. Singh (who I thought was one of the more respectable refs in the game) cost us the match. You were probably one of the worst teams that I've seen at the Hall in some time (I haven't seen hoof ball tactics like that since we were in L2, and that was nearly 4 years ago). Officials decisions cost us the game, as we were BY FAR the better side and it was only a matter of time before we put it in the net, which we would have done had The Moose not been sent off.

Revell's challenge was rash but not malicious. I've seen a photo on our website, a photo on your website and a replay, and yes, he went in hard. But to the people I've seen saying it was a two-footed lunge - LOOK AT THE PHOTOS. The initial challenge was one-footed. Revell is just clumsy, he went in late - he was fired up. But malicious or vicious it most certainly was not, and a booking was fair IMO. Also saw a photo of Kuipers throwing a punch at Revell's head - now THAT is a atraight red. Funnily though, I guess you guys chose not to see that.

Moussa's sending off - RUBBISH. I've replayed the SSN replay of it a hundred times. And Moussa hit the ground first! He slid in, and your player slid in AFTERWARDS, before clutching his leg. So basically, your player slid into Moussa and started clutching his leg. Hardeharharhar. Never a sending off. How a player can be sent off when he slid in FIRST I will never know. Yellow card for Virgo for simulation would have been the correct decision.

Forster's stick is deserved, he's a twat. Constantly harrying, winding up our fans and players, shouting in the linesman's face at one stage (heard him F and blind at him plenty of times from where I sat, I believe that's AT LEAST a booking). And he dives too. C U Next Tuesday, IMO. Kuiper's, fair enough annoyed at Revell's challenege, but throwing a punch (fist above his neck height) is violent conduct and a sending off.

We would have won the game minus the sending off. We looked much better than you did, and I'm pretty sure that you lot are heading for mid-table again. Without the sending off, you didn't have a chance of beating us.

Not enjoying those grapes much are you? IF never won a game of football and you sound like you don't know how to lose with grace :ascarf:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Forster's stick is deserved, he's a twat.

Sounds to me like you're jealous and bitter because none of your two-bit lot are in his class as a player.

As for us heading for mid-table...I guess time will tell, but as long as we keep getting the job done (7 from 9 so far, remember), I tend to think we're going to be much better off than that.

Why not relax and have some whine with those sour grapes of yours. Perhaps you'll add a portion of humble pie come May.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Nothing like a bit of sour grapes is there! Forster is a brilliant player at winding the opposition up, nice goal as well. Revell should have been sent off (and would have been if it was another 10 minuts into the game), Singh was clearly looking to even to up later on, you were lucky to only have 10 men for 20 minutes and not 85.

Oh and mid-table, you're having a laugh - nice solid defence and one of the better forward lines in this league. We'll finish above Southend without a doubt. Especially if they are relying on Revell to fire them to the play-offs.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We would have won the game minus the sending off. We looked much better than you did, and I'm pretty sure that you lot are heading for mid-table again. Without the sending off, you didn't have a chance of beating us.

Impossible to say. The sending off came at a time when you seemed to be getting frustrated with you lack of cutting edge. There is no doubt that the sending off helped us go on to win, but it is impossible to say that you would have won without the sending off.

We may or may not finish midtable, but our game plan worked in the end and we took three points and winning whilst not hitting top gear is certainly a decent sign.

Forster is brilliant. I used to loathe him whenever we played against him. He does well to get under the skin of the opposition, opposing fans and lets the officials know what he is thinking, with minimal effort. Our best signing for a long long time.

Great fun and a super turnout from the Albion.

JamesTheSuperBlue

Jan 29, 2008
Not enjoying those grapes much are you? IF never won a game of football and you sound like you don't know how to lose with grace :ascarf:

I lose with grace when we haven't been cheated out of it. Which is fair enough IMO.

People baying for Forster's blood at our end. His gesturing and abuse to the home West Stand was pretty shocking. Rumour has it that a report has been sent to the ref and the FA on him, and he was spoken to by the police after the game. If true, rightly deserved.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I lose with grace when we haven't been cheated out of it. Which is fair enough IMO.

People baying for Forster's blood at our end. His gesturing and abuse to the home West Stand was pretty shocking. Rumour has it that a report has been sent to the ref and the FA on him, and he was spoken to by the police after the game. If true, rightly deserved.

I wonder if those that reported him were the same ones giving him abuse through out the game. Poor little Southend must have had their feelings hurt to take it to the police. :cry:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Moussa's sending off - RUBBISH. I've replayed the SSN replay of it a hundred times. And Moussa slid into the 50/50 challenge first! He slid in, and your player slid in AFTERWARDS, before clutching his leg. So basically, your player slid into Moussa and started clutching his leg. Hardeharharhar. Never a sending off. How a player can be sent off when he slid into a 50/50 challenge FIRST I will never know. Yellow card for Virgo for simulation would have been the correct decision, very clever of him to slide into Moussa and clutch his leg.

Forster's stick is deserved, he's a twat. Constantly harrying, winding up our fans and players, shouting in the linesman's face at one stage (heard him F and blind at him plenty of times from where I sat, I believe that's AT LEAST a booking). And he dives too. C U Next Tuesday, IMO. Kuipers, fair enough annoyed at Revell's challenege, but throwing a punch (fist above his neck height) is violent conduct and a sending off. He time wasted and shouted abuse at Revell all game.

We would have won the game minus the sending off. We looked much better than you did, and I'm pretty sure that you lot are heading for mid-table again. Without the sending off, you didn't have a chance of beating us. I'm inclined to fully agree with our fans - I really did think that Brighton bent the rules BIG TIME.

:bla: :salute:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

Give it up and hand back the pink coloured spectacles.
In conclusion if Kuipers the former Dutch Marine had set out to floor Revell then Revell would still be out for the count. He flaired up in retaliation for a wicked two foot lunge.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I lose with grace when we haven't been cheated out of it.

Question is though, how can you guarantee you would have got something from the game without the sending off?

I thought it was meant to be Leeds who were the arrogant twats of this division, the ones who think they have some kind of divine right to win every game. I guess I was wrong, on the evidence I've seen from you and others in the threads linked to here.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Admit it, you'd love a player of his proven quality who wound up the opposition and what's even better for us is that he is paired with a young player who is starting to ooze quality. Thanks to you taking Revell we could sign a much much better player, so thanks for that, you get the 100% committed headless chicken who'll score occasionaly and we get a player who could well fire us to near the top of the league.

So basically, your player slid into Moussa and started clutching his leg. Hardeharharhar.

Hardeharharhar? What the f*** is that all about you schoolboy muppet? Shouldn't you be at Lakeside shoplifting or something instead of coming on here talking to the grown-ups?

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Thanks for the 3 points. In your cup final.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

No shame in losing to the club at the top of the table. :salute:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

0 - 2

end of

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I really did think that Brighton bent the rules BIG TIME.

Oh that's right, we bent the rules by telling 2 of your players to make 2 silly tackles (1 of which should have least resulted in a red) which turned the game. Micky Adams sort out the bloody cheating, it's an absolute DISGRACE :lol:

Thanks for the 3 points, enjoy your mid-table season :bigwave:

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
He does go down a little easy. Then again, I always think if you are fouled than by all means go down otherwise the defensive player fouling is getting the upper hand by breaking the rules.

Diving is another matter though and I am not sure Forster actually dives. He is just an experienced forward.

JamesTheSuperBlue

Jan 29, 2008
Hardeharharhar? What the f*** is that all about you schoolboy muppet? Shouldn't you be at Lakeside shoplifting or something instead of coming on here talking to the grown-ups?

A schoolboy muppet who, being an undergraduate and all that, will probably end up a tad more intelligent than you!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here