Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Formula 1

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Forced off the track by a much slower car and then blocked off so he couldn't rejoin.

he was "forced" off the track by virtue of not having the line, trying to go down the inside where there was no track left. the leading car doesnt have to yield the postion, its for the following car to pass the other then they can dictate the line. Maldonado had not past Hamilton, went of the track to maintain speed then ploughed into the side.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I've been saying this for two years now, but the team I think Lewis should join is Mercedes. They obviously found it tough when they came back in 2010, but it's obvious they have the budget and the standing to be a big player in F1. They're showing good signs of improvement this year and I don't think it'll be too long before they're capable of producing a car to challenge for the WDC. As long as they're planning to hang around for many years to come and RB is staying at the helm, then I think Lewis could do great things with them. There is no point in going to Ferrari as they'll favour Alonso, which is fair enough to be quite honest. Red Bull is a possibility as I don't think Vettel would be much of a threat to Lewis, but I have a nagging doubt that a soft drinks company might not be the best long-term bet.

Out of interest, where do you hope and think he will go?

I'd rather Mclaren sorted themselves out but if that's not going to happen, Red Bull. Adrian Newey is a genius and it would be fascinating to see Hamilton and Vettel in the same car.

I'm sorry Hamilton fanboys on here but here's the simple facts. Maldonado would never of been able to go around the outside of Hamilton in a corner if Hamilton was at the proper racing speed. Hamilton's tyres had gone off, it even said that in the commentary 30 seconds before he forced Maldonado off, DC even said "he got pushed a little bit wide"! Maldonado's penalty was a technicality at best, he wouldn't of been off the track if Hamilton hadn't squeezed him out.
If the roles were reversed, you lot would be still be defending Hamilton and guess what...so would I!
Oh and check out the immediate post race interview, Maldonado pissed off...Hamilton for someone who just got shunted off and "wasn't too blame" he seemed awfully happy about it. He didn't even bother to answer the question about the incident did he?
You Hamilton fanboys really need to take off those rose tinted specs.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
:timmy:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
maldonado was not even close to pulling off that overtake

hamilton was not obliged to let him go,regardless of having inferior tyres

maldonado should of come off the gas and kept on the race track,he did neither

maldonado is clearly a talent,but he's looking more and more like a loose cannon

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm sorry Hamilton fanboys on here but here's the simple facts. Maldonado would never of been able to go around the outside of Hamilton in a corner if Hamilton was at the proper racing speed. Hamilton's tyres had gone off, it even said that in the commentary 30 seconds before he forced Maldonado off, DC even said "he got pushed a little bit wide"! Maldonado's penalty was a technicality at best, he wouldn't of been off the track if Hamilton hadn't squeezed him out.
If the roles were reversed, you lot would be still be defending Hamilton and guess what...so would I!
Oh and check out the immediate post race interview, Maldonado pissed off...Hamilton for someone who just got shunted off and "wasn't too blame" he seemed awfully happy about it. He didn't even bother to answer the question about the incident did he?
You Hamilton fanboys really need to take off those rose tinted specs.

Hamilton fanboys? f*** off.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm not Lewis's biggest fan but he was blameless imo. He had the line and the nose of his car in front, maybe with 5 or so laps to go on wrecked tyres he wouldn't have fought so hard but it was 1 lap and a podium at stake.

If Maldonado had used his brains he could have rejoined behind Hamilton and would have probably taken him on turn 2, if not definitely the DRS zone on the final lap.

maldonado was not even close to pulling off that overtake

hamilton was not obliged to let him go,regardless of having inferior tyres

maldonado should of come off the gas and kept on the race track,he did neither

maldonado is clearly a talent,but he's looking more and more like a loose cannon

He had him round the outside and was faster...if he wasn't he couldn't possibly of hit Hamilton when he rejoined the track.

Hamilton is of course not obliged to let him by but he should be thinking about the championship and not just the "here and now"...which is 1 of my main criticisms of Hamilton. Hamilton should not of squeezed out Maldonado, taken the corner so fast and gone wide. Had Maldonado taken him and left the track, he would of been obliged to give Hamilton the position back after. Wasn't that rule made after an incident with Hamilton and a Ferrari (I seem to remember being upset with Ferrari at the time because of it) at Spa some years ago?

I totally agree with you about Maldonado being a loose cannon, he was totally out of order over the Perez incident at Monaco for instance. However, Hamilton isn't the most level headed of drivers around either, great talent but he needs to cool his jets...he's so much better than that and this championship is there for the taking.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
For them to both get around the corner Hamilton would have to massivly slow down to take such a tight line that two cars can through and that would automatially give Maldonado the inside for the next corner. It's rediculous to say that's Hamilton fault, he's perfectly entitled to defend.

Where I do agree with you however is that he shouldn't have bothered defending. Points thrown away and that could be very very costly. That doesn't change the fact that it was Maldonado's fault though.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
de Villota is the driver injured

02111809_929_DE_VILLOTA.jpg

Maria de Villota crash: Marussia F1 driver Maria de Villota fighting for her life after accident during testing at Duxford airfield - Mirror Online

sounds very bad

Last edited:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Statement from the Marussia team:

"At approximately 0915 BST this morning, the Marussia F1 Team's Test Driver Maria De Villota had an accident in the team's MR-01 race car at Duxford Airfield where she was testing the car for the first time. The accident happened at the end of her first installation run and involved an impact with the team's support truck.

"Maria has been transferred to hospital. Once her medical condition has been assessed a further statement will be issued."

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Hope its not as bad as it sounds and shes soon ok.

Last edited:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Another update from Marussia:

[quoteFurther to the accident involving the Marussia F1 Team's Test Driver Maria De Villota this morning, the team can confirm that Maria was transferred by ambulance from Duxford Airfield, where the accident happened, to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge," the statement read.

"Since Maria's arrival at the hospital at approximately 10.45hrs this morning, she has been receiving the best medical attention possible at the hospital, which is the region's major trauma centre. Maria is conscious and medical assessments are ongoing. The team will await the outcome of these assessments before providing further comment.

"The team's first priority at this time is Maria and her family."[/quote]

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
The team have confirmed that shes had an operation, has lost her right eye and is 'critical but stable'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here