Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Formula 1

Has a British Grand Prix ever been called off due to weather? Judging by the phone call my boss just got Silverstone is implementing an Emergency Wet Weather plan, although I have no idea what this means.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Has a British Grand Prix ever been called off due to weather? Judging by the phone call my boss just got Silverstone is implementing an Emergency Wet Weather plan, although I have no idea what this means.

Today is the worst of it, that said getting fans out the camp site and stuff could be fun.

petercg365

Oct 25, 2011
I think Hamilton and Button are equally good in the wet. Button is a better judge of what tire to be on.

I usually look forward to a wet GP, not when its Hamilton and Button in 1/2 though.

Jenson is better when the track is changeable, Lewis is much quicker in fully wet conditions.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
didn't want to start a new thread,not much interest in F1 on here,so thought I'd stick it on here

Ferrari are at it again

They reckon they have on board footage of an illegal overtake by Vettel under yellows

meaning he could recieve a 20 second penalty,thus making Alonso world champion by 1 point!

surely not?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
didn't want to start a new thread,not much interest in F1 on here,so thought I'd stick it on here

Ferrari are at it again

They reckon they have on board footage of an illegal overtake by Vettel under yellows

meaning he could recieve a 20 second penalty,thus making Alonso world champion by 1 point!

surely not?

Sky were showing footage of this during the race and the commentators questioning why the stewards were not investigating. Vettel appeared to overtake while under a sequence of yellow lights. I found it curious they were thinking of reasons why not to penalise Vettel when it looked pretty obvious on screen that he had broken the rules.

It may sound like sour grapes for Ferrari to protest now rather than on Sunday but why should Vettel keep his finishing place and points if he broke the rules. A penalty would probably lose him the World Championship to Alonso by 1 point.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Sky were showing footage of this during the race and the commentators questioning why the stewards were not investigating. Vettel appeared to overtake while under a sequence of yellow lights. I found it curious they were thinking of reasons why not to penalise Vettel when it looked pretty obvious on screen that he had broken the rules.

It may sound like sour grapes for Ferrari to protest now rather than on Sunday but why should Vettel keep his finishing place and points if he broke the rules. A penalty would probably lose him the World Championship to Alonso by 1 point.

Watched it on BBC,pretty sure they missed it or I missed them

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Watched it on BBC,pretty sure they missed it or I missed them

The Sky pundits kept questioning this issue after the race but no one seemed to have a definitive answer yet the footage looked pretty blatant. The pundits wondered if Vettel had been unsighted so didn't notice the yellow lights but didn't make sense as Vettel appeared to overtake while passing several yellows. Does beg the question why Ferrari didn't protest at that time. I note BBC are speculating that while there were yellow lights, a waved green flag may have been visible which might be sufficient mitigation for Vettel. I would have thought with so much at stake there should have been an immediate investigation to clear this up.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
The Sky pundits kept questioning this issue after the race but no one seemed to have a definitive answer yet the footage looked pretty blatant. The pundits wondered if Vettel had been unsighted so didn't notice the yellow lights but didn't make sense as Vettel appeared to overtake while passing several yellows. Does beg the question why Ferrari didn't protest at that time. I note BBC are speculating that while there were yellow lights, a waved green flag may have been visible which might be sufficient mitigation for Vettel. I would have thought with so much at stake there should have been an immediate investigation to clear this up.

Yeah it's the time delay that seems abit odd

It's been such a great season,would be a shame for it to end like this

Bloody safety car,looked like the Hulk & Force India were gonna have there 1st win

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Yeah it's the time delay that seems abit odd

It's been such a great season,would be a shame for it to end like this

Bloody safety car,looked like the Hulk & Force India were gonna have there 1st win

It wasn't the safety cars fault he nerfed into Hamilton.

As for SV. He passed under yellows, that is pretty clear cut from the Sky footage. I'm surprised that Ferrari have left it this late to question the FIA though. Surely the GPS tracking and known yellow flag sectors would have provided all the teams the info that an illegal overtake had taken place.

Dec 29, 2011

As for SV. He passed under yellows, that is pretty clear cut from the Sky footage. I'm surprised that Ferrari have left it this late to question the FIA though. Surely the GPS tracking and known yellow flag sectors would have provided all the teams the info that an illegal overtake had taken place.

Maybe SV though the car was a back marker? The yellow light is so obvious he can't have missed it and done it deliberately.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch

My point was if the SC hadn't come out Hulk & Hamilton wouldn't of been on the same tarmac

Hulk & Button were well down the road

Hamilton had a very ordinary race,don't know if his set-up was comprimised,maybe went for a more dry than wet

Would explain his pace,only a week earlier in Austin,he was nothing short of brilliant

No doubt Hulk & Button were the 2 quickest guys out there,maybe gambled on a wet-dry set up,don't know

For me Hulkenburg & Force India had the quickest race pace and if,and obviously "if" no SC and he kept it on the island,he would of won that race

Sure he took Hamilton out,anyone who's raced is guilty of doing that,being held up and wanting to get on with it

Big shame for Force India,golden oppotunity that doesn't come along to often,Fisi at Spa another golden chance,will they get another?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here