Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Former Albion players on the move

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Max Sanders (on our youth books 2017-2021, including a decent loan to AFC Wimbledon) has moved from Orient to Crewe.
James Wilson (remember him? - that lad we loaned from United for one season) has moved from Port Vale to Northampton.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Max Sanders (on our youth books 2017-2021, including a decent loan to AFC Wimbledon) has moved from Orient to Crewe.
James Wilson (remember him? - that lad we loaned from United for one season) has moved from Port Vale to Northampton.
Both being fast tracked into Non League football it would seem.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Both being fast tracked into Non League football it would seem.
Wilson at least is staying in League1 - and at pushing 29 he can hardly be described as fast-tracking anywhere really! Agree, though, that neither are probably having the football career they once dreamed of, but they're still making a living playing football - I think many of us would be happy if we could have just done that, eh?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Wilson at least is staying in League1 - and at pushing 29 he can hardly be described as fast-tracking anywhere really! Agree, though, that neither are probably having the football career they once dreamed of, but they're still making a living playing football - I think many of us would be happy if we could have just done that, eh?
I guess so, though so much was expected, particularly of James Wilson, maybe that was part of the problem for him though, the expectation.

Reactions: A1X

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Taylor Richards (the player who cost us £2.5M from Citeh and who ****ed up a loan (at Birmingham) by getting injured in the medical) has gone from QPR to Cambridge on loan.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
One from the Sami Hyypia days, IIRC - Gary Gardner Birmingham to Cambridge, free.
Oh he was absolutely toilet. We had him on loan from Villa I believe and he was a central midfielder in the Ryan Harley mould, but gave even less of a shit.

Up there with our worst ever players in the Amex era - shockingly bad.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh he was absolutely toilet. We had him on loan from Villa I believe and he was a central midfielder in the Ryan Harley mould, but gave even less of a shit.

TBF, in the context of that team, he didn't stand out as much more toilet than the rest!

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

absolute dogshit midfielder, just added absolutely nothing

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Granted that Gary was dogshit for us but no one was worse than Ryan Hartley. I think it was physically impossible to be worse than Ryan Hartley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here