Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Former Albion players on the move

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Oh, where did it all go wrong? Still, a life as a Championship footballer's not all that bad, I suppose. Can he actually get his career back up to speed?
This is Connolly’s career at full speed . He’s doing well . Next divisional stop is down not up

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This is Connolly’s career at full speed . He’s doing well . Next divisional stop is down not up
Yep, he let us all down. We should all hope and pray that he flops. It's the right thing to do, innit............................

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Oh, where did it all go wrong? Still, a life as a Championship footballer's not all that bad, I suppose. Can he actually get his career back up to speed?
Last season he scored 8 goals in 1215 minutes, one goal every 152 minutes. Had he played as much as the Championship top scorer Sammie Szmodics, the 1 goal/152 minutes would have resulted in 25 goals.

Hopefully he can stay fit more often next season, there's a very good Championship striker in Aaron.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Last season he scored 8 goals in 1215 minutes, one goal every 152 minutes. Had he played as much as the Championship top scorer Sammie Szmodics, the 1 goal/152 minutes would have resulted in 25 goals.

Hopefully he can stay fit more often next season, there's a very good Championship striker in Aaron.
Yes, I agree - but although I'm not as dismissive as some on here (post #182 for example) I do realise he has the capacity to f**k it all up!

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

There are a few reasons why he only played the equivalent of 13 matches in the season though, and it’s not just injuries.

No one denies he has talent, it’s his desire to be the next Leon Best that is the issue.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
James Furlong - LB who had a decent loan at Motherwell, and then signed permanently for Hull, but never played a League match for them - has moved to MK Dons on a free, where he can link up with Tom McGill.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
For 80 million we'd receive around 1.2m for him. What's even crazier, his first ever team where he played at when he was 12, currently sit in the 5th division of Swedish football. They'd receive nearly 1m for him!
Looks like we won't be getting it, not this window anyway, now that the Arse have paid big money for Calafiori. Big money, but about half the amount touted for Big Viktor, so may have decided better VFM.

Last edited:

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Looks like we won't be getting it, not this window anyway, now that the Arse have paid big money for Calafiori.Big money, but about half the amount touted for Big Viktor, so may have decided better VFM.
They play at opposite ends of the pitch, so signing one doesn't preclude signing the other...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here