Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Former Albion players on the move

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's not a bad shout. Sign for the green half of the Old Firm (naturally): score 57 goals a season in the MTL and live out his days being a Celtic Park idol while giving it the big one every week when he scores against Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Ross County and Inverurie Loco Works.
MTL :lolol:

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
Chatham have just signed a second player who apparently came through the academy - Luke Robinson

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪

Is this not the Cucurella look-a-like who done the cringe goal celebration in the Senior Cup Final a few years back? Doing an ott goal celebration for Brighton U21s in the Sussex Senior Cup Final v Worthing was tinpot embarrassing. Up there with Connolly once cupping his ear to Luton supporters in a pre season friendly.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Is this not the Cucurella look-a-like who done the cringe goal celebration in the Senior Cup Final a few years back? Doing an ott goal celebration for Brighton U21s in the Sussex Senior Cup Final v Worthing was tinpot embarrassing. Up there with Connolly once cupping his ear to Luton supporters in a pre season friendly.
Not sure, as I don't remember the incident, but the kid with the Cucurella hair was Todd Miller.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I love the fact transfer rumours always say former Brighton, even when I've never heard of them. A few years back Garry Nelson said he now says he used to play for Brighton as it sounds impressive whilst in the past Charlton was his name drop.
Well Brighton's meteoric rise to the top has been even swifter than Charlton's errr meteoric plummet in the opposite direction, so one can well understand why Nelse is now name dropping the Albion instead.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He could barely look less like Cucurella.

As for his celebrations in the Sussex Senior Cup Final, he had just had a disappointing loan spell at Cambridge United where he only made five sub appearances (totaling 72 minutes) and returned to Albion early after only three months. Scoring a couple of terrific goals in the final match of the season must have been a great relief after a shitty few months - I'd have been far more concerned if he DIDN'T celebrate in those circumstances.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
He could barely look less like Cucurella.

As for his celebrations in the Sussex Senior Cup Final, he had just had a disappointing loan spell at Cambridge United where he only made five sub appearances (totaling 72 minutes) and returned to Albion early after only three months. Scoring a couple of terrific goals in the final match of the season must have been a great relief after a shitty few months - I'd have been far more concerned if he DIDN'T celebrate in those circumstances.
Hey there, this is the internet and there's no place for logic and reason here.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hey there, this is the internet and there's no place for logic and reason here.
................but it's a refreshing and welcome surprise when it pops up!

For whatever reasons, his various loans (Cambridge, Salford and Dundee) were pretty rubbish, but he's just had a damn good season with Aldershot. 19 goals in 44 games - that's about as near to one goal every two games as you are likely to get these days.
Good luck to the lad - he needs to be thick skinned though; Port Vale had Weir (never a footballer, not up to League1 standard....this after two very successful seasons on loan elsewhere in League1!) on loan, and they're about as big a bunch of moaners (at least as far as their fans' forum goes) as I've ever come across!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

For whatever reasons, his various loans (Cambridge, Salford and Dundee) were pretty rubbish, but he's just had a damn good season with Aldershot. 19 goals in 44 games - that's about as near to one goal every two games as you are likely to get these days.
Good luck to the lad - he needs to be thick skinned though; Port Vale had Weir (never a footballer, not up to League1 standard....this after two very successful seasons on loan elsewhere in League1!) on loan, and they're about as big a bunch of moaners (at least as far as their fans' forum goes) as I've ever come across!
Well living in a town like Burslem, the most run down part of the Potteries, even by Stoke standards, l'd say they have every right to moan!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well living in a town like Burslem, the most run down part of the Potteries, even by Stoke standards, l'd say they have every right to moan!
You haven't been on www.onevalefan.co.uk tracking our loanees progress then? There are numerous clubs in the EFL with things to moan about, some with more to moan about than PV. But the level of moanishness? - nah, they're in a class of their own!

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Stefan Ljubicic moved to the Swedish second tier a couple of months ago, after a few years on Iceland.

His team, Skövde, are a little bit shit and same goes for him. He's allergic to scoring goals. Zero so far in 15 appearances (mostly starts). But every now and then you can see in his technique and hold up play why Brighton decided to pick him up back in his youth.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Jenson Weir is no good? That’s disappointing to read.
The new Zac Emerson then.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

I saw him play at Eastleigh v Aldershot last season. He came off the bench to go in goal, replacing the senior keeper who had been sent off (they had no keeper on the bench). He didn't do the greatest job so ended the game up front. I don't think I've ever seen a game where three players played on goal 😂

Last edited:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Jenson Weir is no good? That’s disappointing to read.
The new Zac Emerson then.
Well, maybe the miserable PV supporters don't know as much about football as Cambridge and Morecambe fans! Although, TBF, their scepticism may have come from the fact that they only got him when we pulled him from a dreadful loan at Blackpool (only 4 starts in half a season).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here