Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Former Albion players on the move

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
George Cox (U23 LB six or seven years ago) has left Volendam by mutual consent, following their relegation from the Eridivisie. 120 odd games in five years in the Eridivisie (the first four with Fortuna Sittard).
He was being linked with moves back to the Championship a couple of years ago. Will be interesting if he comes back or stays in the Netherlands

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Aaron Connolly wasn't offered a new contract by Hull I see. Wonder where he'll end up? Should easily find a L1 level club. How long before he ends up at Worthing like the rest?
Wonder what's happening to James Furlong, who also signed for Hull last summer, after an excellent loan at Motherwell in the SPL - not a single appearance yet for Hull, not in the league anyway. As a prospective LB signing for Hull, he got the nod over former Albion U23George Cox, who also tried out for them last summer.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Wonder what's happening to James Furlong, who also signed for Hull last summer, after an excellent loan at Motherwell in the SPL - not a single appearance yet for Hull, not in the league anyway. As a prospective LB signing for Hull, he got the nod over former Albion U23George Cox, who also tried out for them last summer.
He damaged his medial knee ligaments in his only first team appearance (against Birmingham City in the FA Cup in January). He actually suffered the injury after about 10 minutes but due to adrenaline didn't feel much pain and played the whole match.

He was out for 6-8 weeks but did play a couple of matches for the Hull U-21s in early April. He didn't feature after that - not sure if there was some sort of reaction due to the injury or what.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He damaged his medial knee ligaments in his only first team appearance (against Birmingham City in the FA Cup in January). He actually suffered the injury after about 10 minutes but due to adrenaline didn't feel much pain and played the whole match.

He was out for 6-8 weeks but did play a couple of matches for the Hull U-21s in early April. He didn't feature after that - not sure if there was some sort of reaction due to the injury or what.
Oh come on AZ! - we expect a better level of detailed information than that from you. So, which knee was it?
:wink:

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Former Albion scholar/pro Luca Cocoracchio has moved from Whitehawk to Dover Athletic:-

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Former Albion scholar and young pro Charlie Harris has signed for Chatham Town:-

Sporting a 1970s style one-pack there. :ohmy:

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Eastbourne-born former Albion scholar Isaac Hutchinson has signed for League One side Bristol Rovers from Walsall. The 24-year-old now has over 150 league appearances to his name:-

Last week his younger brother Jake signed for Worthing (from Queen of the South). Jake also spent a season with Albion, at U-16 level:-

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Cocoracchio has moved from Whitehawk to Dover Athletic
That's one way of getting rid. The other is a decent antifungal cream such as Clotrimazole, or Canesten Double Strength Thrush.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I see Connolly is enjoying his summer around Brighton & Hove. I wondered earlier on this thread where he'll end up next: I've decided Wrexham has to be it.

Can't see him getting a Championship deal as he didn't quite rip it up at Hull (though was my no means a complete failure) so my money is on League One. And for somebody who's been on Premier League and latterly Championship wages, there aren't many clubs down there who will be able to afford what he'll be after. So I fancy Wrexham- they'd love the kudos of a full international and former PL striker joining them, and they're already paying wages some way above their level to the likes of Mullin, Fletcher and McClean.

Or Birmingham City. Could be them as they have a bit of money behind them now.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I see Connolly is enjoying his summer around Brighton & Hove. I wondered earlier on this thread where he'll end up next: I've decided Wrexham has to be it.

Can't see him getting a Championship deal as he didn't quite rip it up at Hull (though was my no means a complete failure) so my money is on League One. And for somebody who's been on Premier League and latterly Championship wages, there aren't many clubs down there who will be able to afford what he'll be after. So I fancy Wrexham- they'd love the kudos of a full international and former PL striker joining them, and they're already paying wages some way above their level to the likes of Mullin, Fletcher and McClean.

Or Birmingham City. Could be them as they have a bit of money behind them now.
I was thinking about this earlier, and thought that Scotland might be perfect for him. It’ll be a drop in pay, but a chance to play every game and bag a lot of goals in a weak league and build a reputation.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was thinking about this earlier, and thought that Scotland might be perfect for him. It’ll be a drop in pay, but a chance to play every game and bag a lot of goals in a weak league and build a reputation.

That's not a bad shout. Sign for the green half of the Old Firm (naturally): score 57 goals a season in the MTL and live out his days being a Celtic Park idol while giving it the big one every week when he scores against Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Ross County and Inverurie Loco Works.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
That's not a bad shout. Sign for the green half of the Old Firm (naturally): score 57 goals a season in the MTL and live out his days being a Celtic Park idol while giving it the big one every week when he scores against Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Ross County and Inverurie Loco Works.
Exactly my thoughts

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Exactly my thoughts
Mind you: you'd have thought Big Shane Duffy would have smashed it in the MTL, and his season with them was carnage. The one year in a decade that they didn't win the MTL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here