Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Forget your GB News, a new beast is on the way

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I knew it reminded me of something and then I realised, he's channeling the spirit of Rick from the young ones. Watch the intro to Living Doll, definitely the same vibe

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
People feeling lost in a rapidly changing cultural landscape. They need to learn to adapt. The world is only getting blacker and gayer, and I’m all for it!

Years ago, you could palm it off as a generational 'thing' (although that's still no real excuse), but some of these people are clearly younger than I am, so I have no idea what possesses them to hold such dinosaur views.
Perhaps some of them have held/hold similar leanings that they struggle to deal with so react in an opposite way, to try to deal with how they're feeling?
Whatever it is, I genuinely feel sorry for them, that they seem so threatened by it all.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Years ago, you could palm it off as a generational 'thing' (although that's still no real excuse), but some of these people are clearly younger than I am, so I have no idea what possesses them to hold such dinosaur views.
Perhaps some of them have held/hold similar leanings that they struggle to deal with so react in an opposite way, to try to deal with how they're feeling?
Whatever it is, I genuinely feel sorry for them, that they seem so threatened by it all.

Quite. I’m not sure why they get so involved in it. Reading blogs about “humanism transition” or whatever it is, trans, ciss boys, “cucks”, soy-boys etc. They seem to spend a lot of time reading up on it, searching the internet and all that.

Really reminds me of Alan Partridge’s fascination with Lady-boys.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Great contribution by yourself as per :facepalm:

I could have delved into her dodgy criticism of Jewish people, her obsession with trans people etc but it struck me as funny that she runs a hairdressing business as well as her bonkers conspiracy theories.

Frankly, I don’t take you or that ridiculous woman remotely seriously so I’m very unlikely to engage in a serious dissection of her ludicrous opinions. She’s a crackpot. A nutter. A loon.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I could have delved into her dodgy criticism of Jewish people, her obsession with trans people etc but it struck me as funny that she runs a hairdressing business as well as her bonkers conspiracy theories.

Frankly, I don’t take you or that ridiculous woman remotely seriously so I’m very unlikely to engage in a serious dissection of her ludicrous opinions. She’s a crackpot. A nutter.

Had you even heard of her before today?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I do find it strange that those who speak so vociferously about their concerns/fears/safeguarding of 'the children', regarding the general trans/binary issue, all seem to share many of the same opinions regarding immigration/'time wasters'/ Brexit etc.
It must be just a coincidence, surely?

It is because the Websites they use, the YouTube channels they watch, and the newspapers they read churn out the complete checklist of opinions which you list.

Dr Facebook and Professor YouTube have a lot to answer for - and the algorithms on these sites will flag up content to further channel opinion.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And you still think she is far right? :yawn:

I didn’t say she was far-right, did I? Please point out where I said that? I don’t recall me thinking my thoughts on her politics at all. Please do show me where I have done so?

You know, I wish for you as well as me that your lot would come up with one, just one credible figure to support your viewpoint and assertions. But it’s just one crackpot after another. It’s quite frustrating because it destroys all meaningful debate.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
It is because the Websites they use, the YouTube channels they watch, and the newspapers they read churn out the complete checklist of opinions which you list.

Dr Facebook and Professor YouTube have a lot to answer for - and the algorithms on these sites will flag up content to further channel opinion.

Yet that gives rise to thoughts that they might actually be gullible, and I find that hard to believe.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Some real sanctimonious pricks on this thread

Ah, the default when your argument has been comprehensively debunked. Like the pigeon and the chess board. Very childish behaviour from you here. Poor form.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I didn’t say she was far-right, did I? Please point out where I said that? I don’t recall me thinking my thoughts on her politics at all. Please do show me where I have done so?

You know, I wish for you as well as me that your lot would come up with one, just one credible figure to support your viewpoint and assertions. But it’s just one crackpot after another. It’s quite frustrating because it destroys all meaningful debate.

Dodgy criticism of Jewish people was mentioned by you earlier.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
It is because the Websites they use, the YouTube channels they watch, and the newspapers they read churn out the complete suite of opinions which you list.

Absolutely this. The algorithm for each (while not deliberately designed to do this specifically for politics) will quickly lock you into an eternal echo chamber of “because you watched that, we think you’ll like this” which when watching anything vaguely political quickly draws you into a world where ever murkier and stranger viewpoints are expressed.

Modern life effectively forces us to become competent journalists, inasmuch as we have to do our own cross-referencing, fact-checking and assign value to different sources.

The value of professional, reliable journalists quickly becomes apparent, it’s just a shame there’s so few of them without a strong prior agenda.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here