Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the benefit of our Southampton supporting member....

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Un f***ing believable !! Can't believe the point of this thread. Banding around stadium designs like they're hats at ascot.

So long the laughing stock with your leisure centre, Gillingham etc. Now you milk it for us much as you can, even though you'll get an average of 12k max next season.

Looking at all these pics, I'm actually quite pleased with our design. Some of them on here look positively ridiculous and will look more so when that stadia style is out of fashion.

Loads of albion fans who went to SMS the other week told me they were impressed by the noise we generated. I think the capacity, the ability to fill that capacity and of course the quality of football is slightly more important than whether the stadium looks like a potty or not.

In the words of Alan Partridge "Is this stadium injured"

You are so deluded :lolol:

You have a nondescript stadium, poorly built (as the constant need for repairs shows), in a dire part of town stuck between an industrial estate and a rather infamously shit council estate.

And as for 12k at Falmer do get real.

Un f***ing believable !! Can't believe the point of this thread. Banding around stadium designs like they're hats at ascot.

So long the laughing stock with your leisure centre, Gillingham etc. Now you milk it for us much as you can, even though you'll get an average of 12k max next season.

Looking at all these pics, I'm actually quite pleased with our design. Some of them on here look positively ridiculous and will look more so when that stadia style is out of fashion.

Loads of albion fans who went to SMS the other week told me they were impressed by the noise we generated. I think the capacity, the ability to fill that capacity and of course the quality of football is slightly more important than whether the stadium looks like a potty or not.

In the words of Alan Partridge "Is this stadium injured"
f*** off scummer.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
You are so deluded :lolol:

You have a nondescript stadium, poorly built (as the constant need for repairs shows), in a dire part of town stuck between an industrial estate and a rather infamously shit council estate.

And as for 12k at Falmer do get real.

Poorly built ? What repairs ?

As for the location, it is walking distance from the town centre and loads of pubs, what's more it's in the St Mary location which is where the club was formed in 1888. Yours is in the middle of nowhere in a location with no connection to your heritage.

Lets see where you are when the gloss has worn off your new ground

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yours is in the middle of nowhere in a location with no connection to your heritage.

Whoa steady on, I get what you are saying and yes I was quite impressed with St Marys (have to say I would have LOVED a stadium like that after the Goldstone) but Falmer is not quite in the middle of nowhere! Its probably as close to the centre of Brighton you could get with the land available.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Whoa steady on, I get what you are saying and yes I was quite impressed with St Marys (have to say I would have LOVED a stadium like that after the Goldstone) but Falmer is not quite in the middle of nowhere! Its probably as close to the centre of Brighton you could get with the land available.

Yes but for whatever reason you cant walk to the stadium from Churchill square can you? I'm not saying there's much you could have done about it.

Personally i'm looking forward to going to a few games at your ground next season. Just don't agree with you lot slagging off our ground. There are pro's and con's of each ground.

Last edited:

Yes but for whatever reason you cant walk to the stadium from Churchill square can you? I'm not saying there's much you could have done about it.

Personally i'm looking forward to going to a few games at your ground next season. Just don't agree with you lot slagging off our ground. There are pro's and con's of each ground.
Think it will be a few seasons before your shower of shite are playing at the Amex.

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
Really?
For my sins, I've lived in Eastleigh for basically all of my life. If there's one word I could use to sum up Southampton fans it would be touchy. Really, I put up with years of people going "you support Brighton? lolgay" and any time I try any kind of conversation or even banter about SFC, they act live I've just shat on their carpet.

But anyway, what you basically did was say that (a) a team above you in the league, whose forum you're on, were a small club and (b) said that all stadiums above a certain size looked the same. But really, the only stadia in England that look like that are Southampton, Sunderland, Leicester, Derby, Cardiff, MK Dons, Swansea... umm... I can't think of any others. But yeah, only one of those are in the Prem so your arguement is invalid.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Be fair, after playing for years at the toilet known as the Dell (hell, it made Fratton Park look like Wembley) it's no wonder they think St Mary's is so good,

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But anyway, what you basically did was say that (a) a team above you in the league, whose forum you're on, were a small club and (b) said that all stadiums above a certain size looked the same. But really, the only stadia in England that look like that are Southampton, Sunderland, Leicester, Derby, Cardiff, MK Dons, Swansea... umm... I can't think of any others. But yeah, only one of those are in the Prem so your arguement is invalid.

I wouldn't lump Sunderlands ground in with the likes of Southamptons and Leicesters and Cardiffs. Sunderland has a 50k capacity and has a maHOOsive 3-tier main stand alongside the pitch that goes a mile up. Far more impressive than the mundane single-tier offerings of St Marys and the crisp bowl.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As for the location, it is walking distance from the town centre and loads of pubs, what's more it's in the St Mary location which is where the club was formed in 1888.

That is because Southampton is a city full of large depressing, derelict former industrial sites crying out for something to be built on them.

It's the same reason northern clubs find it very easy to build new stadiums: their local councils BEG them to take the land because they're desperate for the regeneration effect that comes with the advent of something shiny and new on some crap old site....even if it does come straight out of the Ikea catalogue.

Unfortunately Brighton doesn't have much in the way of vast industrial employment-graveyard wastelands. We're surrounded by rolling hills and sea. Southampton is surrounded by empty dockyards and retail parks
:shrug:

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
For a city it's size, Southampton must be the dullest place in England. Anyone ever heard of any tourist attractions there? Even Pompey's got a few historic ships and the Spinnaker tower.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Off the top of my head, I tried to think of a load of UK cities and vague reasons why people might be tempted to go there.

London- far too much to list, all very obvious
Liverpool- Beatles stuff, cathedrals, docks, sporting history
Manchester- musical history, nightlife, shopping, great sporting history, big gay culture
Nottingham- Robin Hood things, very old pubs, a castle, Test cricket, football etc
Plymouth- reasonable list of historical things, Francis Drake sort of stuff, nice lighthouse, close to Cornwall
Leeds- shopping, music festival, Test cricket, football & rugby
Portsmouth- Naval history, HMS Victory, the Spinnaker tower
Newcastle- shopping, nightlife, athletics, Angel of the North, football, lots of artsy stuff these days, the Tyne bridge, Great North Run
Bristol- historic, Brunel architecture, football, the suspension bridge, lots of maritime history, balloon fiesta
Cardiff- castle, international & league football, rugby, cricket
Birmingham- shopping, the Balti Triangle, some impressive new architecture, football, Test cricket, close to Warwick (castle) and Stratford upon Avon
Sheffield- shopping, football, international athletics, the Crucible, lots of industrial history if that floats your boat, etc.
Edinburgh- architecture, castle, Military Tattoo, loads of history, Scottish Parliament, Murrayfield, football, Hogmanay celebrations
Glasgow- lots of history, football, increasing emphasis on the cultural stuff, shopping
Brighton & Hove- beaches (albeit not sandy ones), nightlife, shopping, gay scene, the South Downs, the Royal Pavilion

I'm trying to think why one might go to Southampton? To get on a cruise ship and sail 5000 miles away? Are there ANY tourist attractions? ???

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Southampton did have the meridian studio, Then they moved out so the locals burned it down.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Southampton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The town was sacked in 1338 by French, Genoese and Monegasque ships (under Charles Grimaldi, who used the plunder to help found the principality of Monaco).[20] On visiting Southampton in 1339, Edward III ordered that walls be built to 'close the town'.

Shame Edward III was not wholly successful.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh hang on, there is a massive Marks & Spencer nearby.

That'll pull the tourists in.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I'm trying to think why one might go to Southampton? To get on a cruise ship and sail 5000 miles away? Are there ANY tourist attractions? ???

To watch the might Saints play? They're bigger than Real Madrid.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here