Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football manager 2012 demo

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
In my one, the red and white scum snapped Craig Beattie up and he seems to be doing alright for them. I assume you mean Craig not James.

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
6 league games in:

Lua Lua, harley and dunk seems to be pretty good

CMS is absolute shite as is ankergren, got Jamie Mackie on loan to replace CMS and some American lad called josh wicks to replace ankergren (sold brez and walker right at the start)

In mid table atm and dont think ill be moved from there tbh

Game as a whole is a big improvement so far from the 2011

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I brought in Andrew Davies (solid CB) from 'boro and Michael O'Connor from Scunthorpe whose an absolute BEAST in CM. Can play as a defensive or attacking midfielder, plays all over the shop.

I tried top bring in Joe Lewis but Peterborough wanted 3m + Painter for him, so I told them to shove it and now he's unsettled saying he wants to have talks with Brighton.

The corner trick still works, float balls into the far post, put your best jumping/heading CB to attack the far post, and put a tricky forward to attack the keeper. Goals galore with Harley/Vicente to deliver the crosses and Davies/Greer.

Currently fifth and haven't lost a game.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just beat Palace 2-0, with Vicente scoring an absolute ROCKET of a 35 yard free kick that left Speroni no chance.....if only real life had been that good. :(

Without Limits

Jan 14, 2007
Lewes Road Area
I will download tomorrow. I had last years but did not really like it as much as 2010. 2010 I was in love with and still play. Now I'm off work after a knee op I've got to rest so FM2012 oh hell yeah! Happy gaming people. :)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I think I will have to restart, be an ex-international player and tell the board that Im going to win the league... thats the only way Im goign to get Parnaby and Davies... one doesnt wnat to come and the other wants money outside my salary bracket

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
10 league games into the season, and my Albion side sit top of the table on 24 points (W7, D3, L0, F20, A10), two points clear of our nearest rivals Cardiff and Brizzle City. Star players so far have been Hoskins (6 goals in 10 games), Buckley (1 goal, 4 assists in 5 games) Vicente (2 goals in 7 games, including a thunderous free kick against Palace) and KLL (4 goals, 2 assists in 7 games), with CMS starting well but fading a bit recently to the point where he's been replaced in my starting line-up by on-loan Chris Wood (who isn't actually setting the world on fire either - considering just playing Hoskins up front with KLL and Buckley down the wings, and Vicente "in the hole" - we shall see). Despite me spending out on Christian Ribeiro as right-back competition for Calde, concurrent injuries to both meant I gave Vincelot a chance at right-back and he's made the position his own, slightly annoyingly from a bank balance POV.

Barnes and Brezovan have both requested transfers due to lack of first team football and Raphael Branco has gone on an extended leave of absence to Brazil due to not being able to settle in the country, a leave of absence which may become permanent due to the fact that he looks crap. I haven't actually sold anyone, but Barker, Cook, Simmonds, Redwood, Hall and East are all out on loans of various lengths. Incomings-wise, I bought Ben Alnwick from Spurs for 525k and he's quickly become my first choice keeper, the aforementioned Ribeiro from Brizzle City, Darren Carter on a free and Chris Wood is back on loan. My regular starting lineup looks something like this:

GK: Ben Alnwick
DR: Romain Vincelot
DCR: Gordon Greer (Captain)
DCL: Lewis Dunk
DL: Marcos Painter
DMC: Liam Bridcutt
MC: Darren Carter/Ryan Harley
AMR: Kazenga Lua Lua/Will Buckley
AML: Vicente
STR: Craig Mackail-Smith/Chris Wood
STL: Will Hoskins

So far, so good. :)

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
I hate Steam, nothing but problems for years, finally got it sorted and it is now downloading, happy days and a stroppy wife to come and can just hear her already 'not another f'in Football manager game'. She will never understand.

I fell in love with manager games when i played this as a 7 year old....

Without Limits

Jan 14, 2007
Lewes Road Area
Everybody keeps saying CMS is rubbish on game but he has 12 goals for me and top in div. From 10 games he has played. I've P11 W9 L2 and 5 points clear

Gk Ankergren
DR Tom Hateley (Motherwell £250k)
DCR Darcy Blake (Cardiff £1.2m and Brez)
DCL Greer
DL Painter
MCR Sparrow
MC Vicente
MCL Harley
AMR Lualua
AML Noone
STC CMS

Oct 25, 2003
after an impressive winning streak, which saw brighton sitting top of the table. an injury CRISIS has hit us and we've lost the last 2 games (still top)....vicente, harley, cms, ankergren, greer, calderon and lualua ALL injured (as well as el-abd and elphick from the start of the season)

last game we were 3-0 down at half time away to west ham, an INSPIRING half time ROLLICKING saw us claw it back to 3-3, before kevin f***ing nolan nabbed the winner in the last minute

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Have brought in a couple of loanees - Ben Amos from Man U in goal (bit of a flip of a coin for who takes the gloves, him or Casper...my staff keep bickering over it), Andrew Davies (CB from Stoke - got injured in pre-season though so currently 3rd choice behind Dunk), and a striker from Blackburn whose name escapes me, I don't have it loaded atm. He's young though, quite good in the air, so he & Barnes are battling for the second striker spot with CMS/Hoskins as poacher. Also got Michael Stewart on a free, this Scottish CM who is an absolute machine, aggression 20, good tackling/bravery etc too, seems to have his heart set on breaking one oppo leg per game, minimum. I like him.

Sold Poke, loaned out most of the reserve side (and Brezovan...to Leeds!?) and I'm currently trying to amicably dispose of Navarro & Elphick, possibly Sparrow too - I'd like to keep him as backup but Sheff Utd & Wed are both interested and bidding around the 200k mark so I may just take that and try and get an ex-Prem youngster in on a free to replace him. Broke my heart a little to have to let Charlie go from the backroom staff (along with all the scouts, they were all terrible) but his stats were frankly shit and there is no room for sentimentality under my iron fist.

Pre season went well, unbeaten, drew 0-0 with Man City in a glamour friendly although should have won 1-0, controlled possession and then Gary Dicker missed from about 3 yards out. Buckley got injured pre-season (seems realistic) so I'm currently playing a flat 442 or 451 depending on the opposition. Won the first game of the season against Cardiff 2-1 but haven't got any further yet.

GK: Amos/Ankergren
RB: Calderon
LB: Painter
CB: Greer, Dunk/Davies
CMd: Bridcutt/Stewart
CMa: Harley/Dicker
RM: LuaLua
LM: Vicente/Noone
ST: Mackail-Smith/Hoskins, *strikerwhosenameicantremember*/Barnes

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Told the board I could win the league and they gave me 3.3 mil to play with!

Currently sitting just outside the playoffs after a shocking start, however recent games have been much better with a 6-0 thrashing of B'ham and a thrilling 5-2 win over West Ham!

Team is:

GK: Loboue (with Amos on loan in reserve)
DR: Lichaj (1.1mil)
DC: Greer
DC: Dunk (currently keeping out Materrazzi who I signed on a free)
DL: Drury (500K)

MC: Bridcutt
MC: Harley/Karacan (2.5 mil-asked the board to sign him for me)

AML: Lualua/Vicente
AMR: Buckley

STC: Helguson (500K)/ Samaras (1 mil)
STC: Hoskins

Sold Brez, Ankergren, Sparrow, Dicker, Barnes (who is banging them in for Pboro now!)

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Vicente stormed Pre season, 24mins in to the game against Cardiff off injured. :facepalm:

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
I signed Andros Townsend and Danny Rose on loan from Spurs, and bought Drury from Norwich (£200k), Speroni from Palace (£500k) and Schlupp from Leicester (£1.25m). Rejected a £1.8m bid from Newcastle for Gordon Greer, but did sell Dicker to West Ham for £800k.

Currently, am second behind West Ham after 11 games, although I got knocked out of the League Cup by Blackburn in the 4th round (beat Gillingham & QPR).

GK - Speroni
DL - Drury
DCL - Painter
DCR - Greer
DR - Calderon
WL - Townsend
MC - Bridcutt
WR - Lua Lua
AMC - Vicente (9 goals in 11 games - magnificent).
CS - CMS
CS - Schlupp

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
Mine as been up and down so far but in 9th atm which is good

In
Robinson and Flanagan on loan from Liverpool
Ben Amos on loan from Manchester United
James Beattie on a free
Jason Banton on a free
Peter Wittingham for £2.6 million (asked board to sign)
Ben Alnwick on free from Spurs
Stuart Parnaby on a free
Cristian Ceballos on a loan from Spurs

Out
Ankergren to Bnei Yehuda for £170,000
Marcos Painter to Peterborough for £275,000
Leon Redwood to Cambridge United on Loan
Steve Cook to Southend United on loan
Gary Dicker to Peterborough for £220,000
Ryan Simmonds to Lincoln on loan
Jake Forster Caskey to Luton on loan
Jason Banton to Dagenham and Redbridge on loan
George Barker to Oxford on loan
Daniel East + Grant Hill + Raphael Branco to AFC Wimbeldon

My Normal Starting 11

GK: Amos
RB: Flanagan
CB: Greer
CB: Dunk
LB: Roninson
DM: Bridcutt
RAM: Buckley
CAM: Vicente
LAM: Wittingham
ST: Mackail-Smith
ST: Beattie

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Im currently in talks about taking Dos Santos onloan from Spurs not that il think i will get him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here