Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flowers For Johnny 2 Jags

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Can somebody advise me of any florists that aren't going to rip me off?

I've tried loads in London and guess what? "It's Valentine's Week so our minimum charge will be 40 quid plus delivery which is between 6 and 7 quid"

Week? I always thought it was Valentine's DAY:dunce:

Anyway, I'm all into sending flowers but I'm damned if I'm going to line some scuzball florist's pockets because it's Valentine's Week. Greedy bastards-I'd rather buy a shit load of flowers from Esso, take the train into London and deliver them myself!

Last edited:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Eastleigh Seagull said:
I am in at work on Monday so I will be doing so by hand - there is a florists outside Embankment tube that is five minutes walk from prescotts front door

I will take a longer lunch break and will deliver by hand as well

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Have just e-mailed Southern FM news team to try and get this on the news bulletins.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If anyone else is interested in using Flying Flowers?

I've just ordered Blue and White something or others. Guaranteed Monday delivery by courier.

28 quid.

If enough people buy from these people we could probably get a timed delivery for no charge.

seagull over sevenoaks

Jul 14, 2003
Edna..

can i have some clarification. I am in the process of ordering my flowers for monday and see that we are supposed to be sending them to the cabinet office. I had thought that they would go to the ODPM instead.

If i have missed something then apologies - just wanted to make sure that they are all going to the right place.

Office of the Deputy Prime Minister
26 Whitehall
London
SW1A 2WH

Tel: 020 7944 4400

www.odpm.gov.uk

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Large One said:

The 40 Notes Fund is donating some money, and if anyone is coming to the quiz tonight, he respectfully asks that a donation be made towards the costs of the flowers.

Good Idea!! :thumbsup:

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I have just phoned the florists to double check they had my order as I did online last night. They said" when is it for" . I said Monday they said "John Prescott!!":lolol:

Birdy

Dec 4, 2003
Hove
Sounds like John's going to be getting a carpet of daffs on his doorstep. Shame I won't be here to see it, as I'll be abroad from tomorrow.... I'll get someone to video South Today!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'll deliver them by hand on Monday morning as I have to be in central London anyway.

Anyone else up for doing by hand and should we meet to coordinate our efforts?

As posted earlier on this thread, the Falmer For All team are organising a nationwide campaign to deliver flowers to John Prescott in the name of every English league football club.

The intention is to achieve a mass delivery on Tuesday - with accompanying media coverage.

The earlier suggestion that FFA might also act on behalf of any supporters who want to have flowers delivered on their behalf has, sadly, had to be dropped.

However, FFA are planning a number of other campaign initiatives for next week. Details will be posted on NSC when they become available. Some of them will cost money - so be prepared for an appeal for the contents of your pockets!

Independent floral gifts are, of course, still being encouraged. How to get these delivered is discussed elsewhere on this thread.

Finally ... I've been asked by FFA to thank Edna Krabappel for dreaming up this brilliant idea in the first place.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is there no way this delivery(s) can be on Monday to co-incide with all the efforts made by individuals on this thread?

Seems like this is becoming fragmented a tad...

Bozza said:
Is there no way this delivery(s) can be on Monday to co-incide with all the efforts made by individuals on this thread?

Seems like this is becoming fragmented a tad...
Monday was the original plan. I only found out it was now going to be Tuesday when I spoke with Paul Samrah a few minutes ago.

Paul (and other FFA people) are doing a hell of a lot of good work at the moment - so I'm not going to argue with him.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think most individuals were working towards Monday, but I don't see what harm it will do to have all the league clubs sending them on Tuesday as well.

Good opportunity for any media who might miss Monday's festivities.

I like the fact that the florists are already saying "let me guess, Prescott?" when people order flowers for Monday!

It must be gathering pace....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here