Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flowers For Johnny 2 Jags

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Capital Gold (radio for grannies) also raised the flowers campaign on their news this morning and had a good discussion about it.

So I'm told.

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
edna (and the rest) I will be down there on Tuesday at 1330 for as long as I can blag it from my office. I can see the front of the ODPM from my window and will ask the rest of my building to make regular reports for the next few days. For those driving there are a few places to park. There is an NCP just off Trafalgar Square (at the corner by the Mall) and for those planning a slightly shorter stop there are a few roads off Whitehall on the South side where meters are still in place. Both Whitehall Place and Great Scotland Yard are perfectly positioned for Prezza's office which is at the Trafalgar Square end of Whitehall virtually next door to the Lord Moon of the mall Wetherspoons.

Gwylan said:
London Calling (and others)

I'm aiming to get to London at noon to deliver (I'm off to Paris for a couple of days so can't make the Tuesday meet).

I'm all for meeting up first to form an advance guard.

I AM A BIT PULLED ON THIS NOW.

I AM ABOUT 20 MINS FROM WHITEHALL THIS MORNING

BUT OF COURSE FALMER FOR ALL WANT BODS ON THE GROUND TOMORROW WHERE I AM BLOOODY MILES AWAY...

BUT I CAN BE PERSUADED WITH A FEW CALLS

LC

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Excellent, well at least someone can keep an eye on things from their office.

Report back when you can (and don't forget, if you see him to give him a cheery wave and a shout of "we want Falmer" so he knows he'll have you to contend with forever if he says no".

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
and if anyone wanders a little further down Whitehall towards Parliament and opposite the horseguards look up to the thrid floow window where the stripes are now proudly displayed

Aug 12, 2003
Perth WA
I delivered flowers to Prescott. Deliery will only be accepted through the back entrance in (I think its called) 'Spring Gardens'. Going from Whitehall into Trafalgar Sq, take first left and there is almost immediately another left. At the bottom of that road are some large iron gates with a security guard hut to the right of them, this is No.26 Whitehall, the daytime retreat of Mr Prescott;)

Aug 12, 2003
Perth WA
No not inaccessible...just not on Whithall so not so in the public eye! A full press release needs to be sent off to the papers and media today from the FFA or from NSC otherwise little coverage will be achieved. I can do this if someone wants to prepare some words. I could also do with a high res. photo (digital will do) of someone in stripes with flowers (or even better delivering flowers to prescotts office).

We cannot expect coerage if we do not inform the press from an official source.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Does anyone know Norman Cook personally - if we got him to deliver a bunch at a particular time - then it would raise the profile considerably - perhaps the club would contact him for us.

(if Norm can't do it then perhaps someone else like Des or maybe even Fearne Cotton - I think Dwane claims to know her).

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
Jordan it has to be Jordan just out the Jungle and a Brighton girl with a keen interst in football or should that be footballers, whatever she is a local girl so her, Norman and Des now there is national publicity.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
If we can contact Jordan on her return, I think she would be pleased to help.

Perhaps we could make her guest of honour at Withdean with a Falmer for All Sash in a prominent place!

Failing that we could get her to stagger out of a club drunk with an Albion shirt on - that would make all the front pages!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In terms of press releases- this is what I sent to The Sun, Southern FM and Meridian TV last week. Will this do (with some tweaks where necessary)? Wouldn't know how to go about an official release, but there must be some experts on here!

"Brighton and Hove Albion fans have launched a Say It With Flowers campaign to draw attention to their bid for a new stadium at Falmer, by arranging for hundreds of floral tributes to be sent to the Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott next week.

The bid suffered a blow last Thursday when a local planning inspector, contrary to the decision of Brighton & Hove city council, suggested that the proposed site at Falmer was unsuitable for a football stadium. Stuck at their tiny, temporary Withdean ground, the future of the Albion is seriously in doubt without the new stadium. John Prescott is expected to announce the verdict of the recent public inquiry any time now.

Appropriately enough, with Valentine's Day approaching, fans have arranged for hundreds of bouquets of flowers, many in the famous blue and white colours, to be delivered to the Deputy Prime Minister's office on Monday and Tuesday morning. It is not known whether they will match Mrs Prescott's living room decor. Individual bunches of flowers have also been ordered on behalf of the other 91 Nationwide and Premiership clubs, to be delivered on Tuesday.

Fans hope the flowers will be donated to hospitals and other good causes once the initiative is complete."

www.northstandchat.com

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Does this mean you can't even leave them outside the gate at the front?

How are we supposed to know how many were sent in that case?!

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
I just went down there and at least two people were delivering flowers - one of whom was allowed in the front gate (perhaps they were for something else?) and one person writing his Valentine's card out front. Can we have a definitive answer from the FFA as to where the presentation tomorrow will be taking place.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
There were two people waiting to go in when I was down there. Otherwise , couldnt see much going on.

Millions of darned tourists though!

Eastleigh - I spotted your shirt! Your office is a mammoth 2 minute walk from mine!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London Calling and I attempted to deliver flowers at 26 Whitehall at about 12.30. After about 10 minutes JP's Private Secretary (John Crout I think?) came out to see us and told us that he could not accept the flowers. The reason given was that, as this is a judicial process, gifts like this could be viewed as a bribe. He said that JP was fully aware of the strength of feeling ('on both sides') and that he, John Crout, had listened to coverage of it on 5 Live on Saturday.

He said that they would accept letters, emails etc and he took the notes and letters on our cards .

When asked if they would pass the flowers on to local hospitals etc. he said that he couldn't. When asked when the decision was likely to be made, he said he genuinely didn't know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here