Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flowers For Johnny 2 Jags

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was going to pop down tomorrow lunchtime with some flowers. Is anyone else going? And given cheshunt's experience, is it still worth it?

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Looks like we were probably all there at the same time!

Its a bit of an arse if he couldnt accept them!!!

Eastleigh - I spotted your shirt and realised from your earlier post that I'd gone too far... Good work though - I might see if I can get my shirt up in the window here...

As for tomorrow - fingers crossed I will be along. Im due on the other side of London at 10, but should be back in time!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Surely it makes more impact leaving them outside anyway.

JP can't accept them in case idiots like Norman Baker decide to call it a bribe - but he can look at them out of his window.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think we should still do it, and just leave them outside.

This is all about publicity for our case isn't it, and the fact that they've said no because a few daffodils might be construed as a bribe will just increase the profile of it all.

Even if we end up tying them to the fence around the Houses of Parliament, it will still attract attention surely, so is worth pursuing.

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
we have to continue and do something - having attracted the press coverage for tomorrows event it will all look extremely shite if we back down now. Credibility for any future events would be damaged.

Either leaving the flowers on the pavement or the passing out of flowers to passers-by along with FFA leaflets would work well. Although most of the people are foreign tourists it would still make good publicity. We MUST though make sure that the efforts are co-ordinated at lunchtime tomorrow.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Theres loads of pillars and steps there you could leave them by....

Just to the right of the entrance. Maybe along the wheel chair access bit (whiltst keeping it clear, natch)

Aug 12, 2003
Perth WA
This action will not piss anybody off (except the staff at no26)...it will not influence JP other than bringing the level of Falmer support to his attention (job done therefore surely). It was always designed as a publicity stunt? Do not stop now, pile the flowers into no.26. If they are not accepted then leave them at the door. Get all the media coverage we can...the league clubs delivery is crucial in demonstrating the national significance of Falmer. I went there on Friday and delivered my flowers personally. They accepted them then...the office is just feeling the strain of the volume of callers / deliveries...thats what we wanted...do not bottle it now...the fact they are feeling this only means that we are being successful.... keep em coming!

The fact is that the flowers have continued to maintain our profile, I have read elsewhere that London radio stations as well as others have reported our activity. This is good.

Precott private Secretary (David Prout) would have informed Prescott of Radio 5 6 0 6 transmission. This is good.

The flowers are another example of Brighton and other supporters working together. This is good.

Continued profile raising tommorow, flowers etc. We can spin this. "Brighton Fans hand out blue and white flowers to passers by to highlight possible demise of club, final decision rests with Prescott." This will be good.

Supporters will need to inform Interflowers etc to separate THE MESSAGE away from the flowers, otherwise our key points will be lost. This may already be happening.

It is clear the opposition may still be lobbying. We need to carry on with any interesting ideas. I supported the flowers. valentine cards should be good.

A bit of air play tommorrow can only help us.

To the Brighton supporters who walked passed and monitor Cheshunt and me, why didn't you stop for a chat?

Yours

LC

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
edna krabappel said:
I think we should still do it, and just leave them outside.

This is all about publicity for our case isn't it, and the fact that they've said no because a few daffodils might be construed as a bribe will just increase the profile of it all.

Even if we end up tying them to the fence around the Houses of Parliament, it will still attract attention surely, so is worth pursuing.

It is actually going back to the original concept of a wall of flowers which I believe is way better in publicity terms-the flowers will be outside for more people to see for a longer period of time. At least we've managed to get 2 days publicity from the campaign and that has to be worth every penny spent on flowers.:falmerspi :falmer: :falmerspi :falmer:

IF YOU STILL WANT TO SEND FLOWERS HOW ABOUT WAITROSE'S OFFER.

Show someone you care this Valentine’s Day by sending them one of our three beautiful bouquets. You can also add one or more of the gifts listed below with each order.

Order online at www.waitrose.com/flowers by noon on Thursday 12 February.

12 Passion Roses

Surprise your loved one with this stunning arrangement of 12 beautiful 'Passion' roses with foliage. Delivered direct with your own personal message.

ý45

These bouquets are available for delivery on Friday 13th & Saturday 14th February.

There is a small surcharge of ý2.50 for delivery on the 14th.

Rose and Lily Bouquet

A classic bouquet of dark pink 'Milano' roses mixed with scented pink oriental lilies and foliage.

ý35
12 Grand Prix Roses

12 gorgeous roses, set against folded black cordyline leaves, salal and looped beargrass.

ý59

Additional gifts

For that extra special touch you can include champagne, wine, chocolates or a vase to your order. Simply select your preferred gift when adding the flowers to your shopping basket.

:angel:

IF YOU STILL WANT TO SEND FLOWERS HOW ABOUT WAITROSE'S OFFER.

Show someone you care this Valentine’s Day by sending them one of our three beautiful bouquets. You can also add one or more of the gifts listed below with each order.

Order online at www.waitrose.com/flowers by noon on Thursday 12 February.

12 Passion Roses

Surprise your loved one with this stunning arrangement of 12 beautiful 'Passion' roses with foliage. Delivered direct with your own personal message.

ý45

These bouquets are available for delivery on Friday 13th & Saturday 14th February.

There is a small surcharge of ý2.50 for delivery on the 14th.

Rose and Lily Bouquet

A classic bouquet of dark pink 'Milano' roses mixed with scented pink oriental lilies and foliage.

ý35
12 Grand Prix Roses

12 gorgeous roses, set against folded black cordyline leaves, salal and looped beargrass.

ý59

Additional gifts

For that extra special touch you can include champagne, wine, chocolates or a vase to your order. Simply select your preferred gift when adding the flowers to your shopping basket.

:angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here