Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fishing Experience

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Going by the thorns along the length of its body i would have thought it was a thornback ,but not ever catching a undulate b4 i could be wrong. (but unlikely)
It was a great day out there,although slightly lumpy at times.
I lost a cracking fish,the rod bent double and even though the clutch was slightly loose it went straight under the boat at great speed and came off after 30 seconds or so.
Its carp fishing next weekend and back on the boat the week after; weather permitting of course.

Jan 30, 2008
sea fishing zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, stick to 14.5 mtrs of pole with a double figure carp stretching the elastic to the limit :smokin:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
i bet it was a cracking day,keep meaning to try that spot,people keep saying how good the bream fishing is there.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
i bet it was a cracking day,keep meaning to try that spot,people keep saying how good the bream fishing is there.

To be fair it is not a good as it used to be.
Although there were probably about 15 or so boats in the area ,there were also a couple of trawlers but having said that i have had many a good day out there.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
As Rory McGrath said in Three Men in a Boat when asked about fishing "I can't see the point of maiming something and then throwing it back."

Are we not all Brighton Fans on here?

Some could say what is the point in going to watch the Albion at Carlisle on a cold winters day.A 750 mile round trip costing a small fortune and possibly losing.Whereas today its cost me a tenner in fuel,caught some fish and got a suntan.

:laugh: Look what I netted.

net_fishing.jpg

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Thinking about this more, and talking to a regular fisher. I'm thinking, to "see if I like it", I might just buy a simple rod, and go and sit down the marina/harbour for a few hours fishing for Mackeral. Then if I enjoy it, I can look into boats, etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here