Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fishing Experience

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Go down newhaven early morning and spend a day wrecking and you will have a blinding day out. If you want numbers for skippers pm me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm sure you've realised by now, Wigman & British Bulldog are your 'go to guys' when talking all things fishing, on NSC.
They certainly came up trumps when I dipped my toe in the water (so to speak), last year.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Cheers everyone. Some great help. Found a friend yesterday that also wants to give it a go, so it looks like it might happen. Going to wait until I'm back from holiday in early July, but will keep all you've said, and your usernames in mind! Cheers.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
They have predicted a lovely sunny day tomorrow but 15mph north easterly winds f4/5 in the morning dropping to a 3 in the afternoon.
The trouble is that our boat is a 16 foot orkney longliner so i think that Kingmere rocks is out of the question.Going to the beach at 06.45 to see if the trip is on and i think our best bet tomorrow is a bit of Bass fishing with lures and a bit of Mackerel fishing for the evening barbie.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I'm sure you've realised by now, Wigman & British Bulldog are your 'go to guys' when talking all things fishing, on NSC.
I know a thing or two about sea fishing if anyone wants advice:thumbsup:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Yesterday calm sea very little colour in the water lots of small bass on red rag and 1 nice 1 around the 3lb mark off the beach by carrots cafe,today decided to float fish for mackerel on the east arm southwick but the water had coloured up and no fish.

Small smoothound a plenty after dark all along the hove beaches now,bigger hound further west but very weedy once you get past worthing.

Some nice bream showing off the beaches at shoreham to fresh mackerel baits and peeler crab,and the mullet are starting to show at east preston and a few at shoreham,these tend to take redrag cast at 50 or so yards so well within reach of the novice caster,and put up a good scrap on light tackle.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Yesterday calm sea very little colour in the water lots of small bass on red rag and 1 nice 1 around the 3lb mark off the beach by carrots cafe,today decided to float fish for mackerel on the east arm southwick but the water had coloured up and no fish.

Small smoothound a plenty after dark all along the hove beaches now,bigger hound further west but very weedy once you get past worthing.

Some nice bream showing off the beaches at shoreham to fresh mackerel baits and peeler crab,and the mullet are starting to show at east preston and a few at shoreham,these tend to take redrag cast at 50 or so yards so well within reach of the novice caster,and put up a good scrap on light tackle.

Was taking a stroll on Worthing Pier this afternoon,plenty of people feathering for Mackerel but with no success.They all said that they were plentiful in midweek,did see a couple of small Bass caught.
I just hope the sea is calm enough tomorrow to launch our boat from the beach and catch some decent Bass.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
the easterly today buggered the fishing up its supposed to be a little lighter tomorrow with a dash of northerly so should be ok towing the rapalas

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
the easterly today buggered the fishing up its supposed to be a little lighter tomorrow with a dash of northerly so should be ok towing the rapalas

It is suppoesed to drop right off tomorrow afternoon but high tide in the morning is around 0630 and its forecast a force 4.
As our boat is located directly on the beach it could be a little bit of fun launching her!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Niether have i ,im just reading this old jack hargreaves book and the current fish catching report i gave is 27 years old. :)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
It is suppoesed to drop right off tomorrow afternoon but high tide in the morning is around 0630 and its forecast a force 4.
As our boat is located directly on the beach it could be a little bit of fun launching her!

mines on the beach by the king alfred and havnt been out this season yet,bloody hard work with a onshore,n best o luck

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I've got no idea what you two are saying :lolol:
Our boat can only hold a couple of people so i cannot offer you a trip but as i have said before i will post some photos if we go and if there is any good fish.

However,next Sunday i am going Carp fishing at Mill Farm Fishery near Pulbrough (west sussex},I have plenty of gear and you are more than welcome to join me;all that it will cost you is a day rod licence £3.00 and your day ticket £10.00 and my fishing buddy is also a fanatic Albion Fan.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I know a thing or two about sea fishing if anyone wants advice:thumbsup:

Having fished with Bakesy I can confirm he is a good fisherman and is very knowledgable on the subject.

Have you been getting out on the beach much lately fella?

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Anyone know if the Mackeral are on our beaches yet??

tunapasta.jpg

Caught this gem in aisle three at the market, not much of a fight but a struggle to get it open. :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here