Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First So called Brighton hooligans freed

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Call it what you like but a man in that position in the public media should know better,like i said its in the gene's and people have anger they like to let off,least it's not some random on the street or some old granny.

So men should be allowed to go round beating anyone they like up "because its in their genes" ? Its not in the genes at all, its because they just want to act Mr Big Bollocks - and that same person will be the person who is crying when they are sent for a spell inside.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I don't have sympathy for shoplifters and I don't have sympathy for rapists but I think there should be a fair and transparent system of justice for everyone where the time fits the crime. You can't just say, tough shit and rot in jail to everyone who transgresses.

3 years jail for having a fight with like-minded individuals where no-one else was hurt is not fair, in my eyes. I think those of you shrugging your shoulders and saying 'so what' are missing that point. It's a very dangerous path to tread where you start saying that organised football fights are deemed a bigger menace to society than, say causing death by dangerous or drink driving.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
So men should be allowed to go round beating anyone they like up "because its in their genes" ? Its not in the genes at all, its because they just want to act Mr Big Bollocks - and that same person will be the person who is crying when they are sent for a spell inside.
Who said beating anyone they like up?this was an arranged fight remember,least these guys to their anger out on each other.

That's my point,strangers attack strangers all the time but get a slap on the wrist,you have rested this case. :)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yes but these people are not on here to state their opinion,you called them thick without knowing anything about them.

That's facts

The OP was bemoaning the long sentences - I'm assuming those who served them are probably bemoaning them as well or why else would the OP have posted what he did ? Therefore, they must be thick because they pre-arranged a "football" fight probably know the consequences and then complain about said consequences. In my book that makes them THICK as pig shit.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Don't fight, don't go to prison. Am I missing something here?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The OP was bemoaning the long sentences - I'm assuming those who served them are probably bemoaning them as well or why else would the OP have posted what he did ? Therefore, they must be thick because they pre-arranged a "football" fight probably know the consequences and then complain about said consequences. In my book that makes them THICK as pig shit.
Many of these people have respectable jobs no doubt and family responsibility's,it's not that bad a crime pal that's all im saying,just can't get why you feel the need to call these people thick.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
3 years jail for having a fight with like-minded individuals where no-one else was hurt is not fair, in my eyes. I think those of you shrugging your shoulders and saying 'so what' are missing that point. It's a very dangerous path to tread where you start saying that organised football fights are deemed a bigger menace to society than, say causing death by dangerous or drink driving.

Well people could be killed in both examples, thats why death by dangerous driving is also a serious offence, which is also punishable by a prison sentence. People involved in organised fights only participate for 1 reason - to cause injury to another person - now, why should Joe Public feel sympathy for someone who has chosen to do that.

And before you say about drunk people on West Street, they are pissed out of their minds and in some cases might not know what they were doing, but can still be punished for more than a fine.

Jan 30, 2008
I know one of the Tottenham fans that was involved in the trouble. He got a 3 year banning order. Always found him to be a decent fella who you can have a pint with, holds down a good job and very knowledgable about football. It's just he finds the chance of a tear-up as big an adrenaline buzz as a parachute jump or drugs. He doesn't go around hitting normal fans, just the other lunatics that want to meet and he said Brighton have one of the best firms he's encountered.
we don't have a firm :whistle:

Jan 30, 2008
don't be a toby.

Jan 30, 2008
got to laugh at a lot of this old spill, people making judgement on things thay haven't got a scooby about , LETS KEEP THIS THREAD IN PERSPECTIVE PLEASE . i'm sure the lads involved will be well recieved by their familys, that's probably all that matters .

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'm bemoaning the sentences and giving what I believe are very good reasons why. Am I thick too?

You're expressing your opinion which you are fully entitled to. That doesn't necessarily make someone thick.

The point that was being made isn't that people are thick if they disagree, but if you know one course of action is likely to lead to a particular consequence that you don't wish to incur, it's rather unintelligent to take that course of action, whether you agree with the consequence or not.

For example, it's common sense that you don't put your head in a lion's mouth, knowing the consequences as you do. You can argue all you want about whether it was justified or harsh that the lion would eat you up, but if you know the consequences and still take the course of action, it's your own stupid fault that you suffer the consequences. In the same way, if you disagree with the sentencing for football related violence, and don't want to suffer the consequences of the law, don't take the action that will bring the police and the courts into action.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004

i know someone who used to "run" with a london clubs' firm, he was super smart, good job, stand up guy, knowledgeable about all things football, and he just liked the buzz of a tear up.

but alas, you often name call, insult, and label on here without knowing anything about the person you are aiming at.

Jan 30, 2008
You're expressing your opinion which you are fully entitled to. That doesn't necessarily make someone thick.

The point that was being made isn't that people are thick if they disagree, but if you know one course of action is likely to lead to a particular consequence that you don't wish to incur, it's rather unintelligent to take that course of action, whether you agree with the consequence or not.

For example, it's common sense that you don't put your head in a lion's mouth, knowing the consequences as you do. You can argue all you want about whether it was justified or harsh that the lion would eat you up, but if you know the consequences and still take the course of action, it's your own stupid fault that you suffer the consequences. In the same way, if you disagree with the sentencing for football related violence, and don't want to suffer the consequences of the law, don't take the action that will bring the police and the courts into action.
you're not too boring "Rapper", PUT THE NEEDLE ON THE RECORD AND THE DRUM BEAT GOES LIKE THAT :rolleyes:

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Gunna back the minority and say I think the sentences are ridiculous. How many people on here can say they haven't been involved in some form of violence before? As many others have said, it's purely down to the fact they are attached to football. Worrying really.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
I don't have sympathy for shoplifters and I don't have sympathy for rapists but I think there should be a fair and transparent system of justice for everyone where the time fits the crime. You can't just say, tough shit and rot in jail to everyone who transgresses.

you have to be fishing u can not be that dim. no one goes out when drink driving with the intent of killing someone. therefore the sentence is the low end of the spectrum for killing. also i doubt there is anyone who hears of someone killing someone by drink driving and thinks that sounds fun, i think i will get drunk tonight and get in my car and kill someone. this therefore means the law does not need to add years to the sentence to deter people.

the fact that makes the sentence for the hooligans the top end of the gbh/ disorder scale is the fight was pre arranged days before. so the hooligans have had time to consider what they r doing and still not thought no this is wrong. is not spur of the moment or they have had a bad day and it just happened, they had breakfast/lunch/dinner/sleep for several days and still gone ahead with it. also they then travelled to venue and they never changed there mind. therefore people this determined to fight need tough sentences to deter them and others.

can u answer me this, why does it have to be in public!!! why can it not be confined in a garage or scap yard? one of the group must have someone to hold the event?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here