Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First So called Brighton hooligans freed

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Perhaps the Amex should be the first stadium to introduce a "safe fighting" zone?

Some sort of cage in the Car Park would suffice with bats, rocks, plastic chairs etc provided. Would have to be big enough for them to run backwards and forwards so may take up quite a lot of space, but it is a community stadium after all. Controlled hooliganism - is it the future? :rolleyes:

This sounds like a great idea. We could sell the rights on to ITV as some kind of hoolie reality TV Show. Pwoper Idol! My Manna Rules!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Oh come on. You'll have to do better than that. Should any boxers be allowed NHS care? Almost all boxers have received some NHS care at some point in their careers.

And just because there might not be a queue of people hurt through S&M games does not justify why they should be treated. Are you suggesting that injuries sustained through hooliganism is clogging up our waiting rooms?

The simple answer is everyone entitled to NHS care should get it whatever the reason for their need. It doesn't detract from the fact that anyone would decides a fight is a good idea is a brainless, moronic, idiotic c**t !!!! Personally I have no issue with jail sentences, and heavy ones at that, for people that decide to act like that. The six year ban from the Amex should have been a life ban - football doesn't need these pillocks, nor does the Albion and neither does society.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I genuinely still don't see the problem with the idea of setting up LEGAL fight clubs, for men who are angry at life to go in a safe, controlled environment to let their anger out, out of the public eye.

They could pay for membership, which would go towards NHS costs.

And please, stop bringing football clubs into it. None of this has anything to do with BHAFC. I'm pretty confident the club wants NOTHING to do with organised violence.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I genuinely still don't see the problem with the idea of setting up LEGAL fight clubs, for men who are angry at life to go in a safe, controlled environment to let their anger out, out of the public eye.

They could pay for membership, which would go towards NHS costs.

And please, stop bringing football clubs into it. None of this has anything to do with BHAFC. I'm pretty confident the club wants NOTHING to do with organised violence.

Or they could have a game of chess or snooker. Best of three?

Perhaps the Amex should be the first stadium to introduce a "safe fighting" zone?

Some sort of cage in the Car Park would suffice with bats, rocks, plastic chairs etc provided. Would have to be big enough for them to run backwards and forwards so may take up quite a lot of space, but it is a community stadium after all. Controlled hooliganism - is it the future? :rolleyes:

For the love of Christ, all the trouble we had regarding bats when the stadium was up for approval and now you want to stick them a cage so the more "challenged" amongst us can fight with them.:ffsparr:

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
I'm surprised at you for this post - baring when you just post a You Tube video you do normally put some thought into your arguments ( even if I don't agree with them ).

You seriously think it's OK for grown men ( and I mean physically not mentally ) to beat the shit out of each other because "it's their business" ?? Why not take it to the logical conclusion and say it's OK to have a duel to the death ? After all, it's their business. What about the innocent bystanders ? Or the example it sets young children ?

I've seen some moronic posts on here but yours in definitely in the top ten. Obviously I'm excluding any posts by [MENTION=13933]realbha[/MENTION] as he appears rather dim and it's not kind to poke fun at a retard. He's far from the "realbha" anyway - a disgrace to the club.

i don't think its ok, personally, but i like freedom, and both parties are up for it so who is to say anything if it effects no one else? voilence usually comes from some sort of mother issue or anger at their lives/past.

Should they then be entitled to free health care when they have to go to hospital afterwards?

it's a really good point, but i forget about the nhs as i use alternative methods. if they pay tax for it, then i suppose. what about people with cancer or diabetes because they ate crap all their life? same thing really. if you stop people getting care as it is "their fault" then hardly anyone would be allowed care.

Last edited:

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
if two parties are up for a "tear up" - let them have it - it's really no one Else's business. many on here think its OK to watch boxing and bomb afghanistan but a punch up in a street is outrageous.

it's no-one Else's business - if they are into it and decide to have a ding-doo, then that's up to them - they are adults. realbha raises decent points.

i take on board ur point, but do not agree. in germany they do arranged fights in woods. this i agree with, like minded people who can do what ever to each other.

however these people in question insist in have the tear up where innocent by standers can get caught up, innocent people property can get damaged, people business can get affected. therefore they do affect others so people will have opinions.

arrange to meet in a field/forest somewhere in middle of nowhere (i can let u use a field) and i am shore people wont complain to much. Please inform me where this is happening so i can bring a picnic and watch a bunch of idiots beating the shit out of each other.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I think my main problem with this sort of thing, any sort of violent conduct actually, is that we as a species should really be past needing a confrontation to resolve issues and we certainly should be past fighting for fun. Do you really think it's normal to get your rocks off by kicking other people in the head?

That's what I don't get. One of the most evolved, intelligent, sociable species on Earth and some of us still bash each other about for a laugh. It really is sad.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I know one of the Tottenham fans that was involved in the trouble. He got a 3 year banning order. Always found him to be a decent fella who you can have a pint with, holds down a good job and very knowledgable about football. It's just he finds the chance of a tear-up as big an adrenaline buzz as a parachute jump or drugs. He doesn't go around hitting normal fans, just the other lunatics that want to meet and he said Brighton have one of the best firms he's encountered.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
i don't think its ok, personally, but i like freedom, and both parties are up for it so who is to say anything if it effects no one else? voilence usually comes from some sort of mother issue or anger at their lives/past.

The problem is that violence does affect other people besides the willing participants. If someone is maimed, their capacity to provide for their family is rather curtailed, not to mention the sheer heartache it causes for their loved ones.

When people are having a fight, bystanders are left feeling scared or threatened. Are the participants truly taking responsibility for their impact on the sense of well-being of others? How?

And when these participants come back into civilised society, carrying with them the perspective that violence is an acceptable way to resolve disputes, are they then taking responsibility for what they are adding to the world?

You talk about liking freedom to do things such as fight, but what about the freedom from violence in the streets or at football matches? I certainly know which world I'd rather be part of.

The only way the people arrested could have acted with a modicum of integrity is if they campaigned to get the law changed to allow violence between willing participants. And then had a ruck. Did they do that? No. They knew it was still against the law, carried out their acts even though they knew by doing so they were making themselves vulnerable to facing the arm of the law, and then whined like a bunch of moaning minnies about facing the consequences they already knew about.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Out of interest, is this the video where one of the 'combatants' picks up a red and white barrier and swings it around. Because if it is, who was the guy lying on the pavement being attended to by several people including a couple of girls. Also, did all the cars that were parked there belong to those involved so that any damage wasn't to innocent third party property?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
i
it's a really good point, but i forget about the nhs as i use alternative methods. if they pay tax for it, then i suppose. what about people with cancer or diabetes because they ate crap all their life? same thing really.

I really cannot work out if everything you post is your belief or if you are just on a 24/7 windup

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
You talk about liking freedom to do things such as fight, but what about the freedom from violence in the streets or at football matches? I certainly know which world I'd rather be part of.

Indeed. And with freedom comes responsibility. Responsibility to act within the law and to act in a way as not to affect others in a negative way.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
if two parties are up for a "tear up" - let them have it - it's really no one elses business. many on here think its ok to watch boxing and bomb afghanistan but a punch up in a street is outrageous.

it's no-one elses business - if they are into it and decide to have a ding-doo, then that's up to them - they are adults. realbha raises decent points.

It certainly is in other peoples interest if it happens in a busy public street...there were innocent people and children nearby . What on earth makes you think that this was acceptable behaviour in a civilised society. If they want to fight in public then as far as I'm concerned they can be locked up for ever and a day...f***ing mindless morons that they are.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
f*** sake. Listen to yourselves. There's some right sanctimonious bollocks being posted now.

As opposed to complete and utter bollocks and whining originally ?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
f*** sake. Listen to yourselves. There's some right sanctimonious bollocks being posted now.

What ? Because people dont want groups of other people fighting each other ? Yes there is some bollocks being posted, but maybe its the other side of the argument which is, as you call, "bollocks".

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The point being that no children died, no cancer victims had to wait for surgery whilst the casualties from this punch up were being treated and if it hadn't been for someone filming it none of us would have been any the wiser. The way some people are getting hysterical on here you'd think it was the decline of western civilisation.

They deserved to be punished for their actions but the jail sentences they got are ridiculously harsh. All these "what ifs" are irrelevant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here