Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First So called Brighton hooligans freed

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
How many organised fights do you see down West Street with baseball bats and bricks used as weapons?

They got everything they deserved.
The sentence's given were a disgrace,muggers,sexual assault,drink driving,rape?robbery and much much more is a far more serious offence's.Can't see why it's looked at as such a bad thing,it's arranged and a group of lads just having a good old fashion fight,you see large groups fighting while on the lash who get an £80 fine at most,what's the difference?

Surreal BHA

Jul 11, 2010
if sumone wants to have a ruck then let him fish. its only top boy on top boy dripping clock so why the OB invovled Alice Dormouse

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The point being that no children died, no cancer victims had to wait for surgery whilst the casualties from this punch up were being treated and if it hadn't been for someone filming it none of us would have been any the wiser. The way some people are getting hysterical on here you'd think it was the decline of western civilisation.

They deserved to be punished for their actions but the jail sentences they got are ridiculously harsh. All these "what ifs" are irrelevant.

These supposedly "hard" men are crying because they got sent to jail. Tough shit. If you can't do the time then don't do the crime. They really must be the bottom of the barrel when it comes to intelligence if they thought they wouldn't go to jail. Thankfully, not only have they now served time but they will struggle to get any meaningful job in the near future. Absolutely ZERO sympathy from me I'm afraid. If you really can't control yourself in public then you really should be locked away.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
These supposedly "hard" men are crying because they got sent to jail. Tough shit. If you can't do the time then don't do the crime. They really must be the bottom of the barrel when it comes to intelligence if they thought they wouldn't go to jail. Thankfully, not only have they now served time but they will struggle to get any meaningful job in the near future. Absolutely ZERO sympathy from me I'm afraid. If you really can't control yourself in public then you really should be locked away.

This - may well of been acceptable in the 70's and 80's but it isnt acceptable now. Just a thought, but what happened if someone got a punch to the head and was killed from that punch, much like what happened in Rottingdean a few weeks ago. Is it still "acceptable" then ?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The sentence's given were a disgrace,muggers,sexual assault,drink driving,rape?robbery and much much more is a far more serious offence's.Can't see why it's looked at as such a bad thing,it's arranged and a group of lads just having a good old fashion fight,you see large groups fighting while on the lash who get an £80 fine at most,what's the difference?

Good grief :facepalm: Because one is pre-meditated and one isn't !!!!!!!!!

It would also suggest the offences you mention should attract stiffer sentences rather than lowering those of the scummy, mindless, worthless, moronic hooligans.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The point you spectacularly miss time and again that "the time" for a crime such as a bit of fisticuffs isn't usually 3 years inside. That there is the justice system being unduly harsh when you consider what other criminals committing far worse crimes are sentenced to.

I don't know these men and I'm a lover not a fighter so not interested in hooliganism but I can see the injustice. It's not out of loyalty to these hoolies, it's in wanting a fair system of justice for all. The long and the short of it is if you're crime is even remotely connected to footie then equity goes out the window.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong

I do agree in some respects, that the sentences handed down were quite harsh but that's a good thing. It just goes to show you their disregard for their perceived punishment did nothing to stop them, maybe it will now?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Good grief :facepalm: Because one is pre-meditated and one isn't !!!!!!!!!

It would also suggest the offences you mention should attract stiffer sentences rather than lowering those of the scummy, mindless, worthless, moronic hooligans.
You can call it what you like,the fact is fines are used around the country for the same crimes,wether you hate fighting or not this is the argument.In my opinion real men like a good punch up and you could say its in the gene's for most,obviously your just irritated by grown men fighting,fact is its something that has been going on for hundreds of years.You can call it moronic etc etc but it's something that is very normal in life and giving out these sentence's for what i would call petty crime is pathetic.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Just a thought, but what happened if ....

Hold that thought because it didn't happen. I'm not sure how many times I can keep repeating this. Courts don't look at every assault charge and day 'what if that punch had killed'. They deal in facts. No passers by were hurt, no-one involved in the ruck was killed.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I do agree in some respects, that the sentences handed down were quite harsh but that's a good thing. It just goes to show you their disregard for their perceived punishment did nothing to stop them, maybe it will now?
I agree it's a crime and you should get punished,but like you say these terms in prison make the whole sentencing system a complete failure yet again.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
You can call it what you like,the fact is fines are used around the country for the same crimes,wether you hate fighting or not this is the argument.In my opinion real men like a good punch up and you could say its in the gene's for most,obviously your just irritated by grown men fighting,fact is its something that has been going on for hundreds of years.You can call it moronic etc etc but it's something that is very normal in life and giving out these sentence's for what i would call petty crime is pathetic.

OMG !!!! "Real men like a good punch up" ? :lol: I'd suggest a majority of men would rather not have a punch up unless it was the final resort. Maybe we could put up a poll. Certainly very few of my friends or men I work with have ever been in a punch up. The reason being ? They are rather more intelligent and mature than to think a punch up solves anything.

Maybe Edna could enlighten us to how many people she's witnessed having a punch up as a percentage as I'm sure she has more real life experience than "'ard" men like you and those being discussed in this thread.

Pathetic, just pathetic. All punch ups are is a glorified cock measuring competition for the totally inadequate.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Hold that thought because it didn't happen. I'm not sure how many times I can keep repeating this. Courts don't look at every assault charge and day 'what if that punch had killed'. They deal in facts. No passers by were hurt, no-one involved in the ruck was killed.

No, i asked you what you opinion on it would be if it was to of happened. Regardless of where it was, who was involved etc - it was a pre-planned fight. I have no sympathy for them.

This topic is just pointless and going round and round in circles now, but you would probably find that 90% of the public feel that if you are involved in pre-planned fights - then you deserve whats coming to you and they deserve no sympathy, the families who have lost a member of it for 3 years as they were an idiot who chose to take part in a fight, however do get my sympathy - the long prison sentences were probably a deterrent for them not to do it again, cant see it being any more than that.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

And the facts ARE that a football related fight holds a greater punishment than a drunken fight. Unfortunately the participants of this fight were too thick to work out that they should hold the fight after getting drunk in West Street.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
OMG !!!! "Real men like a good punch up" ? :lol: I'd suggest a majority of men would rather not have a punch up unless it was the final resort. Maybe we could put up a poll. Certainly very few of my friends or men I work with have ever been in a punch up. The reason being ? They are rather more intelligent and mature than to think a punch up solves anything.

Maybe Edna could enlighten us to how many people she's witnessed having a punch up as a percentage as I'm sure she has more real life experience than "'ard" men like you and those being discussed in this thread.

Pathetic, just pathetic. All punch ups are is a glorified cock measuring competition for the totally inadequate.
To be fair pal putting up a poll on here would be ridiculous as most are to geeky.Did i say i was hard?wether it's right or wrong or wether you like it or not many men like to fight.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
To be fair pal putting up a poll on here would be ridiculous as most are to geeky.Did i say i was hard?wether it's right or wrong or wether you like it or not many men like to fight.

And for those that like to fight I refer you to my last statement.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
And the facts ARE that a football related fight holds a greater punishment than a drunken fight. Unfortunately the participants of this fight were too thick to work out that they should hold the fight after getting drunk in West Street.
Your not in a position to call people thick because they had a punch up,you slate people behind their back and call them thick mmmmmmm,i take it Gordon brown is thick for throwing a punch at an egg thrower?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Your not in a position to call people thick because they had a punch up,you slate people behind their back and call them thick mmmmmmm,i take it Gordon brown is thick for throwing a punch at an egg thrower?

a) it's not behind their back - this is a very public forum
b) :lol: - you might want to get your facts right !!!!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

John Prescott - and that counts as self-defence if you want to be technical about it.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
John Prescott - and that counts as self-defence if you want to be technical about it.
Call it what you like but a man in that position in the public media should know better,like i said its in the gene's and people have anger they like to let off,least it's not some random on the street or some old granny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here