Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First So called Brighton hooligans freed

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
you're not too boring "Rapper", PUT THE NEEDLE ON THE RECORD AND THE DRUM BEAT GOES LIKE THAT :rolleyes:

You sound rather like a lovable uncle at a wedding trying to get hip with this new fangled rap scene! :thumbsup: :backspin:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't have sympathy for shoplifters and I don't have sympathy for rapists but I think there should be a fair and transparent system of justice for everyone where the time fits the crime. You can't just say, tough shit and rot in jail to everyone who transgresses.

3 years jail for having a fight with like-minded individuals where no-one else was hurt is not fair, in my eyes. I think those of you shrugging your shoulders and saying 'so what' are missing that point. It's a very dangerous path to tread where you start saying that organised football fights are deemed a bigger menace to society than, say causing death by dangerous or drink driving.

So you don't have any sympathy for a mother that might shoplift a bit of food to put on the table for her kids!

you have to be fishing u can not be that dim. no one goes out when drink driving with the intent of killing someone. therefore the sentence is the low end of the spectrum for killing. also i doubt there is anyone who hears of someone killing someone by drink driving and thinks that sounds fun, i think i will get drunk tonight and get in my car and kill someone. this therefore means the law does not need to add years to the sentence to deter people. Sorry, but whilst I see where you are coming from, someone who regularly drinks, knowingly exceeding the legal limit, and kills someone is just as guilty, as those that pre planned a street brawl and end up using weapons.

the fact that makes the sentence for the hooligans the top end of the gbh/ disorder scale is the fight was pre arranged days before. so the hooligans have had time to consider what they r doing and still not thought no this is wrong. is not spur of the moment or they have had a bad day and it just happened, they had breakfast/lunch/dinner/sleep for several days and still gone ahead with it. also they then travelled to venue and they never changed there mind. therefore people this determined to fight need tough sentences to deter them and others.

can u answer me this, why does it have to be in public!!! why can it not be confined in a garage or scap yard? one of the group must have someone to hold the event?

As for those that got involved, were the sentences outside any tariff for the crime they committed? I assume not as they served the sentences (and no doubt got out having served only half of them) without any appeals! So no sympathy here.

They may well get a buzz from a pre planned fight but this occurred in a public place and when anyone could have been caught up. The problem is that if this sort of thing was allowed to go on just because some 'blokes' think it is ok, the size of the fights and the weapons used would escalate. If one 'firm' always got a pounding, what would they bring next time to try and even up the battle. If they want an adrenlin buzz then go jump out of an aeroplane or, better still, take up cage fighting and do it properly. The 'firms' of the 70s and 80s didn't just pick on each other. Innocent people got caught up and hurt. But hey ho, that's not important as long as the rights of some neanderthal's aren't infringed!!!!!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The point you spectacularly miss time and again that "the time" for a crime such as a bit of fisticuffs isn't usually 3 years inside. That there is the justice system being unduly harsh when you consider what other criminals committing far worse crimes are sentenced to.

I don't know these men and I'm a lover not a fighter so not interested in hooliganism but I can see the injustice. It's not out of loyalty to these hoolies, it's in wanting a fair system of justice for all. The long and the short of it is if you're crime is even remotely connected to footie then equity goes out the window.

I have to agree with this, but this was bought in as part of a strategy to drive football hooliganism away from our national game to stop it ruining the experience for everyone. We have all known for many years that the sentences are trumped up for football violence and holliganism, with this in mind the people involved knew the risks and acted with this information in mind.

I must say that i am of the opinion that is people want or need to beat shit out of each other then maybe they should be provided with an outlet for their needs. Better than them taking their frustration out on other innocents. Australia doesn't suffer with football hooliganism but these knobheads are still out in force on a Friday and Saturday night, looking for a row in the city. Sadly I think that some people are going to fight and it is better that they fight others who want to fight rather than innocent people going about their business (like the lad from rottingdean or Hitony).

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
I have to agree with this, but this was bought in as part of a strategy to drive football hooliganism away from our national game to stop it ruining the experience for everyone. We have all known for many years that the sentences are trumped up for football violence and holliganism, with this in mind the people involved knew the risks and acted with this information in mind.

I must say that i am of the opinion that is people want or need to beat shit out of each other then maybe they should be provided with an outlet for their needs. Better than them taking their frustration out on other innocents. Australia doesn't suffer with football hooliganism but these knobheads are still out in force on a Friday and Saturday night, looking for a row in the city. Sadly I think that some people are going to fight and it is better that they fight others who want to fight rather than innocent people going about their business (like the lad from rottingdean or Hitony).

why does it have to be in roads/ pubs football ground etc this is a quote i have from wikipedia titled football hooliganism in poland

"Even though the Polish government tried to erase hooliganism, incidents were still common in Polish stadiums. However, like hooligans in Western Europe, Polish firms now pre-arrange their fights, which in Poland are known as ustawka, and are mainly fought in meadows, rural terains, far from city centers and cops. In December 2005 a huge organised fight took place in a forest outside Frankfurt between Polish and German hooligans. Although the fight was broken up by German police, it was feared that the fight was a warm up for more fights during the World Cup which was to be held in Germany the next year.[2]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'll say it again : Legalise Fight Clubs. Move it away from the public eye, and disconnect it from football clubs it has nothing to do with.

We can all get on with our lives, violent or not.

Sorted.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I'll say it again : Legalise Fight Clubs. Move it away from the public eye, and disconnect it from football clubs it has nothing to do with.

We can all get on with our lives, violent or not.

Sorted.

Why does it have to be a Legalised Fight Club? Surely if these so called hard man need a place to vent their anger and rage they would take up cage fighting, boxing or a martial art?

Remember kids if you're going to run with the big dogs don't piss like a puppy. Everyone knows violence associated with football carries a hefty sentence even if it is miles away from a football stadium or not even on a match day. So if you get a long sentence don't start crying just because the judge gave you a few extra years or months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here