Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First away game you remember attending.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Man of Harveys said:
I reckon my dad and I were the ONLY Albion fans who were there to see Malcolm Poskett score that hat-trick at the Valley - c'mon, prove me wrong.

This was still in the era when you could walk right around the terraces in the ground - I remember we walked to the end we were attacking in the 2H.

I was there MoH. It was a Saturday.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
so was I , we were in the east stand,that was biggest terrace I've ever seen.

the 4 - 3 defeat at Charlton the previous season was my first away night game

Last edited:

Harry!Harry!Harry!

Oct 7, 2003
Palace away mid-70s, lost 3-1, aged about 12.

Think Rachid Harkouk scored. For some reason my mum thought it was a good idea to go in the 'neutral' Arthur Waite stand rather than in the open Away end (pre-Sainsbury's). No real trouble but lots of Brighton there.

First 1 I went to wiv me mates - West Ham away 1979 0-0 35,000, very little segregation (a piece of tape) and it was scary!

PG

PS I thought it was at Brum City that Gordon Smith stopped Gary Stevens scoring, rather than at Notts County - both games Easter weekend 1983 - I think we were at both games together EP?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Ipswich 1980ish

1-1

17 year old Gary Stevens scored a last minute equaliser - DROVE it into the top corner from 25 yards out

not a huge away section fairly sparsely populated... c. 500 Albion?

family outing - enjoyed so much that we went to Southampton the following week for 5-1 in the rain and The Dell's cage :nono:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
1987 Aldershort away think we won 4-1 I was 15 and went with loads of other Hove Parkers.f*** me I shit myself as it really kicked off that day

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The Large One said:
Anyone else there when Henry Hughton ended Gerry Ryan's career in 1985? :angry: :angry: :angry:

Yes, I remember getting a little hot under the collar following that assault. :angry:

My first away venture was the previously referred to trip to Aldershot when the crossbar got broken after the game. From that moment on, I was hooked on the enjoyment of a good awayday.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
BensGrandad said:
Heard a few days ago Terry Tribe now living in Spain running a bookies, as he did here.

He used to take our bets on the away coaches. I never won cos I always bet on us to win.................... we seldom did.

SuperMario

PLAY IT!
Sep 6, 2006
1993 Leyton Orient 1-3 Brighton, 4 years old First time away with my brother and dad, What a day for me
:lolol:

Last edited:

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Seagull73 said:
Feb 1986, Peterborough United FA Cup 5th Round. Heavy snow, came back twice to draw 2-2....

I spent some time in a Cambridge police cell on the way back from that game (long story) and when I finally got home my then girlfriend said football meant more to me than she did and so she was leaving me. I said that rugby and cricket meant more to me than she did. 7 days later I met a lovely girl and 20 years and 3 kids later shes still lovely.
So I remember that game as well.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
My first ever Albion away game was in the 93/94 season. we played Bristol Rovers at the old Twerton park. (Bath FCs old stadum). I think it was midweek around February time. We lost 1-0, with the goal coming late in the first half If i remember corectly. My dad took me, and we stayed with relatives in Dorset. We only had a few Hundred fans behind the goal on the open air terrace If my memory seves me correctly. I seem to remember a really low wall behind the away end which people were trying to climb over.:D

I think I was 8 or 9 at the time.

Last edited:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
My firrst was Millwall away in the Play Offs in 1991, I wasn't allowed to Anfield earlier in the season, but my mum relented on this one. None of my mates wanted to go, I wasn't sure why, but found out when I got there :lolol: Was a fantastic atmosphere, think there was a thread on this a few weeks ago, I was 14 and we won 2-1, looked like loads of trouble in the ground, and Wemberley, Wemberley
We're the famous Brighton Hove Albion
and we're going up to Wemberley :clap2: :albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here