Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First away game you remember attending.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Simster, we must have been in different ends of the ground, I can honestly remember there being very few people sat around where I was, and no before you ask I don't suffer from BO/halitosis or anything else like that. I can remember seeing a lad who had been at Steyning GS there with his dad and spent most of the game chatting with them. Mind you I suppose a crowd of just over 7000 would have looked sparse in what was then the largest ground in England, other than Wembley.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
bhaexpress said:
Fulham 4 Brighton 1 at Craven Cottage in 1970, it finally put paid to Brighton's flagging promotion hopes.

I was there too Frank. Police thought I was QPR as we were welcomed by "London United".
Got out at Brighton Station at same time as some of the team (John Templeman). Not a happy day tho'.

My first was at Orient the same season.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
El Presidente said:
Gillingham 1977 (I think). We won 1-0 thanks to Spider Mellor. Massive Albion crew there. It kicked off after the game as Palace's game had been postponed and a few of their hoolies popped down to join in the fun.
that was mine too

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
H block said:
I spent some time in a Cambridge police cell on the way back from that game (long story) and when I finally got home my then girlfriend said football meant more to me than she did and so she was leaving me. I said that rugby and cricket meant more to me than she did. 7 days later I met a lovely girl and 20 years and 3 kids later shes still lovely.So I remember that game as well.

Did you go to the game at Chesterfield when we couldn't sing in any of the pubs as we wouldn't have got served so we bottled it all up until the very last pub at about 2.20 and opened up with GOSBTS and they immediately called the police.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Arsenal away late 70s or early 80s - not sure which

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Jan 78, won 1-0 away at Millwall. We won 1-0 and Ward scored. I remember thinking "oh shit" when he did, it was quite an intimidating atmosphere!!

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
august 83 1st away game after the cup final

leeds 3 brighton 2

oh graham pearce in the last minute

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here