Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First away game you remember attending.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Uncle Buck said:
and because of this you became a Janner.....

It was because of this very game game that meant I DEFINATELY didn't become a Janner!!! In fact the only team down that way I had a soft spot for was Exeter.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The Large One said:
Palace away - Boxing Day 1983. We won 2-0. Neil Smillie and Danny Wilson scored.

Anyone else there when Henry Hughton ended Gerry Ryan's career in 1985? :angry: :angry: :angry:
Yes was there I remember Big Frank Worthington lumping Henry and notbeing sent off

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Uncle Buck said:
Danny Bailey's lover.....

exeter_promotion_danny_bailey_1990.jpg

Taken shortly before going on stage to mime to "Girl You Know It's True"...

:lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hereford away in 1976.

We got there to discover Fred Binney had been dropped (which is why he didn't look happy when we saw him outside and asked him to knock a couple of goals in) and some skinny kid called Peter Ward was making his debut. Disgraceful, we thought....how little we knew.

We drew 1-1 with Wardy scoring within 50 seconds and a dodgy equaliser for them.

D

Deleted member 2719

Boxing day against Fulham in the seventies, I think we won 2-1, i am sure some stat will tell me if i am wrong.

Jingle bells and all that!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I reckon my dad and I were the ONLY Albion fans who were there to see Malcolm Poskett score that hat-trick at the Valley - c'mon, prove me wrong.

This was still in the era when you could walk right around the terraces in the ground - I remember we walked to the end we were attacking in the 2H.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Oldham late 80's, all the Junior Seagulls on a (long) trip north. I'd never been that far north what a dump!

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Aged 14 away at Watford in 1988. Lived just down the road.

Had a flag with Brighton across it and WGC going down. An Albion fan asked me what the WGC stood for and I said 'well good club'.

He believed me. I lived in Welwyn Garden City at the time.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Carrot Cruncher said:
Plymouth, 13th September 1986. It was my 10th birthday, we'd just moved down to bumpkinland and the game finished 2-2 with the legend that is Terry Connor scoring with Steve Penney.

That was my first ever away game too. Though only 9.
Stood with the home fans so couldn't celebrate when we got our equalisers (last minute too!!)

Abiding memory was how wet, cold and miserable it was and some p!ssed up yocal trying to sing "Us Greens are gonna win. You Blues are gonna Lose...."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here