Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Extra Terristrial

It is Extra Terrestrial you CRETIN :dunce:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
E.T the Extra Terristrial is however, a far more rewarding experience for any adult. The 80's Spielberg Masterpiece brilliantly portrays the distress and alienation a child can experience in the aftermath of divorce and one cannot help but empathise with the boy as he struggles to come to terms with his isolated existence. Which makes the drama even more poingnant that Spielberg inserted a pot-bellied, ostrich necked, bubble headed creature into the story because as we all know, a story about isolation cannot have an impact without the presence of a cute puppet. Superb stuff.

Haha :laugh: :lolol: :clap2: :clap: That is quality.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Have to say, Nibbles post did make me laugh.

:lolol:

Why because it pissed me off ?.

Its a sad indictment of NSC that the greatest pleasure people derive from it is by pissing someone off. The more someone gets pissed off the more people LOVE it.

As it me irs fair game I suppose. A got the message behind the post that I am a pea brain as I found ET a better film then TWBB. Well I foiund about 20000 films better but it just Nibble and his unfounded superioty complex and he thinks your a cretin too Easy so don't be too smug.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why because it pissed me off ?.

Its a sad indictment of NSC that the greatest pleasure people derive from it is by pissing someone off. The more someone gets pissed off the more people LOVE it.

As it me irs fair game I suppose. A got the message behind the post that I am a pea brain as I found ET a better film then TWBB. Well I foiund about 20000 films better but it just Nibble and his unfounded superioty complex and he thinks your a cretin too Easy so don't be too smug.

You just take this stuff WAAAAAYYY too seriously Unc. Its banter isn't it ?
I'm not bothered if Nibble thinks I'm a cretin or not, it was just an amusing post that made me laugh. Not because it might have "pissed you off", that had nothing to do with it.

Just relax ! Its shit & giggles on a Friday afternoon. :thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Who the f*** asked you to wade in. Actually obviously the post was about me wasn't it you fool

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Stop this arguing now! Anybody seen 2012 yet? Going to see it tomorrow and Kermode has done his usual by tearing it to pieces 'cos it hasn't got Jason Isaacs or David Morrisey in it and it's not a f*ckin' Zombie film.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Kermode is a pretentious arse. He is like Nibble in many ways in that he looks down his nose at popular films and box office hits. He raves about pretencious arthouse shit that 10 people in the country see. He also likes to sound sincere and profound by using the phrase " piece of work " all the time.

" I thought it was his best piece of work to date ".

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Kermode is a pretentious arse. He is like Nibble in many ways in that he looks down his nose at popular films and box office hits. He raves about pretencious arthouse shit that 10 people in the country see. He also likes to sound sincere and profound by using the phrase " piece of work " all the time.

I'm glad it isn't just me who thinks he's a complete arse

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Kermode is like any critic: someone giving their own subjective opinion of films. It holds only as much weight as you give it.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Blimey Uncle - for once I agree with you!!

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I know Richard E Grant has a few fans on here but I wonder how many will still be if they spend an hour and a half or so of their lives watching his new offering "Love hurts"

It was possibly the worst display of acting I have ever witnessed.

This is the synopsis which accompanies the film:
In this painfully funny and deeply moving film, Ben Bingham (Grant) has slipped into a fossilized middle-age, unlike his vibrant wife Amanda (Moss). When she finally leaves him, Ben refuses to get out of his pajamas until his popular 17 year-old son Justin (Pacar) takes over. He reinvents Ben’s “look” and pushes him out into the social scene. Before Ben knows what is happening, he is the most popular single man in town… pursued by his nurse (Elfman), his trainer (Garofalo) and karaoke-singing twins. Things change when Justin falls in love for the first time and Ben is forced to refocus, recapture his humanity, his heart, and most importantly his wife…

Sounds good but the actuality is absolutely awful. Grant displays a complete lack of acting prowess which defies anyone to claim he has talent.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Stop this arguing now! Anybody seen 2012 yet?

Yes. I thought it was average in the extreme. In its defence, having read the reviews I was expecting to be bored out of my skull, and I wasn't. But that's as far as the positives go.

I love a good disaster movie me, and I enjoyed Day After Tomorrow for all its brainless stupidity - but this wasn't in the same league.

Of course you know it's going to have rubbish acting, terrible script, big special effects and plot holes you can take the piss out of for days afterwards. That's the whole point of these sort of films, but this time it just wasn't enough.

The problem I think is laziness. They've just filmed the script of Day After Tomorrow all over again, and tacked on a completely stupid 45-minute ending that is like something out of an Austin Powers movie only without the jokes. Once you've seen a scene with people standing agog as a giant tsunami washes over them for the sixth time, it becomes a bit boring. And watching John cusack being chased all over California by giant rifts in the ground is fine for a while, but gets a bit dull after an hour or so of EXACTLY the same thing.

So, not shit, and certainly not as awful as Deep Impact, but it is a wee bit (nay, a LOT) repetitive and tedious. Woody Harrelson basically playing himself was quite good though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here