Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa 11

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
ok finally got the demo (for PC) last night and its pretty decent, a few new touches and stuff and its ebtter so far IMO. Got a problem with lagging graphics so trying to sort that now (seems to be widespread on x64 Win7 systems).

Bloody hope they have proper transfer windows with no crappy Negotiation Limits....one of the huge things that bugged me in FIFA10!

P.S. I like FIFA as it can get modded quite alot which helps with the experience, is the same true for PES for the PC?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
FIFA 10 did have transfer windows and limitless negotiations....

This demo is DEFINATELY harder. I have always played on legendary. Yesterday I was doing well on the demos and winning a few 1-0 or 2-0....and then I realised it was only on world class.

Boosted it to legendary and it's a different kettle of fish. Much harder than previous fifas and an actual challenge. I LOVE IT

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
FIFA 10 did have transfer windows and limitless negotiations....

PC version did'nt and I should know I have the bloody thing installed on my PC :lolol:

Thankfully FIFA11 PC has the NextGen engine which incorporates stuff from the consoles which includes Career stuff so hopefully its changed.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Mmm, pens are hard to start with, but in the arena just press the left trigger/r2 when taking a penlty to see the aiming reticule appear. When you get your eye in at how long to hold the stick either way, it should get easier. Sorry if the explanation is poor

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Mmm, pens are hard to start with, but in the arena just press the left trigger/r2 when taking a penlty to see the aiming reticule appear. When you get your eye in at how long to hold the stick either way, it should get easier. Sorry if the explanation is poor

How do you do the stutter pen (on xbox)? so flair.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.

Its too early for me to take all that in plus i play xbox :lolol:. Thanks anyway :thumbsup:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Played it for quite a long time last night, and it's brilliant. Utterly brilliant.

I think you have to be a regular player of Fifa 10 to appreciate what they have done with items such as passing. I can imagine it's hardly a change for infrequent players, but for obsessive players like myself, it's a HUGE improvement, and takes the game to a much higher level, and for that reason is harder. Which it needed to be.

I then played 5 or so games of PES. No real change from 2010. The reason I too moved over to Fifa from Pes. Shit.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Played it for quite a long time last night, and it's brilliant. Utterly brilliant.

I think you have to be a regular player of Fifa 10 to appreciate what they have done with items such as passing. I can imagine it's hardly a change for infrequent players, but for obsessive players like myself, it's a HUGE improvement, and takes the game to a much higher level, and for that reason is harder. Which it needed to be.

I then played 5 or so games of PES. No real change from 2010. The reason I too moved over to Fifa from Pes. Shit.

I only play Fifa 10 on xbox and it is alot better than playing the Fifa 11 demo.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Shooting is awful and so are the penalties. Just not a fan of it yet , probably will be soon but i think im going to stick with playing fifa 10 instead of 11 at the moment.

Shooting is quality, they've made it harder to score from long distance which is better and more realistic, plus the technique on the shots/volleys are so much better. Penalties on the other hand are awful.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Yep. Penalties are much, much better. Was really pleased with that introduction to Fifa World Cup. The whole "point in a direction and press a button" penalty was so out of character with the rest of the game, in terms of trying to be realistic. You now have the bar at the bottom, which acts as the players 'bottle/nerve', and then the direction of being able to play it in any position, rather than 6 fixed areas of the goal, and then the great feature of the keeper having 'after thoughts' and stick up a leg/arm in the direction the balls going, with this being an attribute some keepers are better at than others.

Brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here