Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa 11

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Penalties are f***ing awful. Although i did laugh when Lampard slipped when he took mine.

The penalites at the same as on FIFA world cup. Read the tutorial. Once you've done that they are really good. Alot more skill involved.

Lampard basically fell over because you held a direction for too long. The longer you hold it the wider it goes.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
The penalites at the same as on FIFA world cup. Read the tutorial. Once you've done that they are really good. Alot more skill involved.

Lampard basically fell over because you held a direction for too long. The longer you hold it the wider it goes.

Yep. Penno's are MUCH better this way.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I was actually quite impressed with PES. It doesn't play as well as FIFA but it looks like a lot of fun. The replays on PES look gorgeous and the additional gameplay elements look awesome (i.e. create a team with pumpkins on their heads!).
Still think FIFA will grab my attention for longer as Be a Pro Goalkeeper could keep me going for ages although the Be A Legend mode on PES looks quite interesting too.
I still think I will be buying FIFA as it still feels better to play but PES is certainly catching up (blimey, I didn't think I would be saying that 5 years ago!).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I was actually quite impressed with PES. It doesn't play as well as FIFA but it looks like a lot of fun. The replays on PES look gorgeous and the additional gameplay elements look awesome (i.e. create a team with pumpkins on their heads!).
Still think FIFA will grab my attention for longer as Be a Pro Goalkeeper could keep me going for ages although the Be A Legend mode on PES looks quite interesting too.
I still think I will be buying FIFA as it still feels better to play but PES is certainly catching up (blimey, I didn't think I would be saying that 5 years ago!).

Bizarrely, most people think the exact opposite of you, ie. PES has been light years ahead for a long time and FIFA is finally catching up and, in some people's opinion, has now overtaken PES.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Penalties getting on my tits now. Out of three sets of pens I've won one of them! The last one, the player took his pen, hit post rolled no creeped across the line, I directed my goalie towards it thinking he'll pick it up instead it hits his leg and goes in = they win penalties!

Fifa was behind pes for years, Fifa over took with fifa 2009

Igor Gurinovich?

Mar 27, 2006
Southampton
Bizarrely, most people think the exact opposite of you, ie. PES has been light years ahead for a long time and FIFA is finally catching up and, in some people's opinion, has now overtaken PES.

exactly, first time ive heard an opinion that thinks the FIFA game play has been superior to PES in versions past.

looking forward to doing the comparison tonight.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
exactly, first time ive heard an opinion that thinks the FIFA game play has been superior to PES in versions past.

looking forward to doing the comparison tonight.

Wow, how odd. This is the only place in the last 2 years Ive seen people claim Pro Evo is better. I know an awful lot who have converted to FIFA in the last couple of years, I thought it was generally recognised to be better.

Anyhoo, been pleasantly surprised with the Pro Evo demo this year. Maybe Im just getting bored with FIFA churning out great, but ultimately similar, versions and fancy a change but Im enjoying Pro Evo 11 demo. Dont think its as good a game technically, feeling a bit heavy, with many of the actions looking awkward, but the replays are pretty stunning and it seems to have retained the 'fun' of the past whilst moving somewhere towards being more realistic etc.

Think I might get both this year, and from a staunch FIFA fan thats a pretty good result for Pro Evo!

Oct 25, 2003
-can you do indoor 5-a-side matches?

-can you head butt the goalkeeper?

-can you guide luxembourg to world cup glory?

if not, i'm not interested

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Despite being staunch Pro Evo, I am probably going to get both this year.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Fifa has taken over PES, much to my discust for about the last 3 maybe even 4 years, Fifa is CLASS, but i feel dirty for playing it, its a bit like supporting a Prem Club, i much prefer being a PES fan even if its not as good as Fifa.

that said and done, ill play whatever my mates buy.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The 3 questions I want answering are:

1) Does ANYONE play Pro Evo on the Wii - ANYONE?!

2) Will ANYONE who owns a Wii take my advice with this and buy the new pro evo (£25!) - and there are online tourno's etc which are great...

3) Do you all think I'm mental?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Sorry I didn't explain what I was trying to say very well.
PES was light years ahead until about 2/3 years ago.
Then FIFA took control and was MILES better than PES last year but based on the demo this year it looks as if PES might be starting to catch up a bit.
It's going to take something special to prize me away from Fifa though!

FIFA has been better than PES for at least 2/3 years.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I used to be a big fan of Pro Evolution from Day 1. I tried the 2010 version and didn't enjoy it whatsoever. I had fallen out of love with the beautiful game. It was a sad time. The last 10 or however many years of Pro Evo reincarnations were soured well and truely. So reluctantly, and somewhat shamefully, I turned to Fifa 2010, and couldn't believe it..... It was just as bad as Pro Evo.

I now dislike all football computer games, Football Manager apart.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Arsenal Youth 5-0 Barcelona

Emmanuel Thomas x4
Simpson 1

Good thing they've improve the lower levelled players.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Arsenal Youth 5-0 Barcelona

Emmanuel Thomas x4
Simpson 1

Good thing they've improve the lower levelled players.

Emmanuel Thomas is my hero. I've been saying he is BRILLIANT for about a year now, the lad WILL play in the next world cup. :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here